Emerald Airlines - ignoring my claim.

13»

Comments

• Update - I kept pestering Emerald Airlines and Aer Lingus but was getting no further.  I finally contacted the CAA and filled in their complaints form.  Even that was difficult as it did not accept my itinerary, but they were super helpful, replied to emails and told me how to get around their form.  A few weeks later and Emerald Airlines contacted me to say it turns out I AM eligible for compensation.  They have actually paid my compensation at last!  Only 8 months after the flight!  :)
    I applied under UK261 which does apply to all flights in to the UK on EU carriers.
    Keep going!!
  • Hi, looks like Emerald as a matter of policy refuse all legitimate compensation claims and hope we all just get fed up.  Are Lingus hide and just say it’s nothing to do with them.  I have 3 family members where they’ve just ignored their separate claims involving different flights.  I recommend contacting CAA when they refuse compensation, it’s not that difficult and should get results.  You never know, CAA might eventually take pro-active action.  
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 341.8K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.7K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.2K Spending & Discounts
  • 233.9K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 606.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.5K Life & Family
  • 246.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.8K Discuss & Feedback