Comments

• Westin
    Westin Posts: 5,947 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    You are very welcome.
  • Pauloross90
    Options
    Hey guys, having the same issue with Aer Lingus and Emerald ignoring my e-mails and claim.

The link Westin posted is giving a 404 error message now, looks like Emerald has pulled the compensation form from their website! 
  • CampbellCan
    Options
    Hi.  I'm having the same problem as Pauloross - no compensation form on Emerald Airline website and no reply to my many emails.
    It's now 3 months since my cancelled flight.
    Do you have any advice?
    Thanks
  • CampbellCan
    Options
    Update - I contacted Aer Lingus on twitter to complain, they escalated with Emerald Airlines and I got a response by return!
    Their answer was not what I was hoping for though.  Our flights started in New Zealand and Dublin was our 3rd stop, with the short leg back to the UK cancelled, so we were re-booked and got home 24 hours late.  As neither our start nor end airport was in the EU they say the EU261 regulations don't apply, even though the delay was in the EU by an EU carrier :(
  • eskbanker
    eskbanker Posts: 31,280 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    Update - I contacted Aer Lingus on twitter to complain, they escalated with Emerald Airlines and I got a response by return!
    Their answer was not what I was hoping for though.  Our flights started in New Zealand and Dublin was our 3rd stop, with the short leg back to the UK cancelled, so we were re-booked and got home 24 hours late.  As neither our start nor end airport was in the EU they say the EU261 regulations don't apply, even though the delay was in the EU by an EU carrier :(
    Not sure I'd buy that line of argument but in any case, as posted earlier in another thread, my interpretation of the UK 261 regulations (i.e. the post-Brexit equivalent of the EU ones) is that they apply to a flight operated by an EU carrier into the UK, so you should be able to claim under those instead:

https://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/discussion/comment/80103504/#Comment_80103504
  • Misty_toby
    Options
    Same issue.  4 months since flight cancelled and no response from Emerald Airlines. Tried the compensation link but found the 404 error message.
    Maybe twitter (X) is next best option.
    Any other advice?

• Alan_Bowen
    Alan_Bowen Posts: 4,851 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    I just noticed this post, sorry to say the EU Court has confirmed that if a passenger is on a through ticket from a non-EU airport to a non-EU airport, as all are now in the UK, 261 does not apply. The decision was Air Help vs. Austrian Airlines, 2 flights on Austrian from Moldova via Vienna to Bangkok, first flight was cancelled, and the court said there was no claim at all even though all flights on EU-based airlines. 
  • CKhalvashi
    CKhalvashi Posts: 12,060 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Photogenic Name Dropper
    Options
    I just noticed this post, sorry to say the EU Court has confirmed that if a passenger is on a through ticket from a non-EU airport to a non-EU airport, as all are now in the UK, 261 does not apply. The decision was Air Help vs. Austrian Airlines, 2 flights on Austrian from Moldova via Vienna to Bangkok, first flight was cancelled, and the court said there was no claim at all even though all flights on EU-based airlines. 
    Moldovan law, as UK law will apply here.

UK261 and MD261 would apply. UK amounts in pounds.

Have you got a copy of the reasoning? This does not fit with my understanding of the wording. I will of course dig this out later
    💙💛 💔
  • CKhalvashi
    CKhalvashi Posts: 12,060 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Photogenic Name Dropper
    Options
    That wasn't what the case says.

The case states that on a transfer from Austrian to (presumably) Turkish due CX with a delay of 40 minutes but where the flight arrived more than 2 hours after the original time, compensation wouldn't be payable, in line with understanding already.

The matter in that case is quite specific and I wouldn't apply it here at all.

Turkish are a dominant 'traditional' carrier at KIV now, so with both being Star this routing would make sense if an Austrian flight is cancelled.
    💙💛 💔
  • dizzytina
    Options
    I have the same issue with Emerald airlines. Aerlingus have referred it to them but I’m 3 months in and not once response or acknowledgment from Emerald. They delayed our flights to LAX by more than 24 hours which ruined a 2.5 day visit to LA. Any advice on how I get them to reply or even acknowledge our claim? Aerlingus just keep replying saying it’s been passed toEmerald!
    V 12500 B 8300 N 1900 Oct £51/£155
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.5K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.2K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure