supermarket curries ready meals cheapest way to get chicken soft.

Options

Comments

• jvjack
    jvjack Posts: 302 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper
    Options
    Could you do do quick summary. Just going to bed.
  • Desmond_Hume
    Options
    I’ve just read this from page 1.  Some of the best trolling I’ve read in a while. Good laughs. Cheers. 
  • Astria
    Astria Posts: 1,448 Forumite
    Options
    Is it just me that batch cooks chilli, meat balls, stew and curry at the weekend in about an hour and then just heats up what I want during the week when I can't be bothered to cook? Tastes far better than any ready meal, bigger portions, and costs less.
  • Jyana
    Jyana Posts: 744 Forumite
    edited 29 November 2023 at 11:58PM
    Options
    Good to see you @Astria missed your face of late, hope you are well!

I too am still in disbelief that any kind of microwave meal is in any fit state to be edible after that amount of, what can only loosely be called, cooking. 

Since the start of these peak save schemes I have taken to batch cooking quite a bit as well. It's cheaper, I'm eating far better and with much less hassle, and it's keeping my freezer full so that's more efficient to run too.

*Off to read the linked earthquake thread*
  • dealyboy
    dealyboy Posts: 1,779 Forumite
    First Post Photogenic Name Dropper First Anniversary
    Options
    I am in disbelief TBH that this long thread is on the Energy board ... not seen it before ... am off to the Food Shopping & Groceries board for help with my smart meter  :).
  • born_again
    born_again Posts: 14,711 Forumite
    Options
    Nice to see board bods are keeping on top of things & reporting a thread in wrong place 🤦‍♀️
    Life in the slow lane
  • MultiFuelBurner
    MultiFuelBurner Posts: 2,928 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Photogenic Name Dropper
    edited 30 November 2023 at 5:49PM
    Options
    Hilarity aside the first post by the OP does quote energy of microwave in (w) and no different from the air fryer type posts.

However is there a troll/humour section of the board?
  • Krakkkers
    Krakkkers Posts: 1,134 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Name Dropper
    Options
    I like this thread, he has tried 45 mins in a microwave and he has tried an hour at 240 celcius !!!!!.
    I am waiting to see what he does next, probably nuclear weapons.
  • EssexHebridean
    EssexHebridean Posts: 21,476 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Photogenic First Post
    edited 30 November 2023 at 4:02PM
    Options
    Nice to see board bods are keeping on top of things & reporting a thread in wrong place 🤦‍♀️
    The ambassadors are probably just ignoring it - and the mods will only act as a rule if the thread is reported and generally speaking the truly entertaining ones don't get the reports. (hurrah!) It's a wind up without question. I'd say "try sticking a ready meal in your own microwave for 45 minutes and see what happens" but I'm pretty sure your local fire service are plenty busy enough, so please don't! 

Krakkkers said:
    I like this thread, he has tried 45 mins in a microwave and he has tried an hour at 240 celcius !!!!!.
    I am waiting to see what he does next, probably nuclear weapons.
    Hmmm...has anyone warned Earthquake Luke of the possible risk from a nuclear strike? I wonder if anyone is selling a nuclear bunker at the moment?
    🎉 MORTGAGE FREE (First time!) 30/09/2016 🎉 And now we go again…New mortgage taken 01/09/23 🏡
    Balance as at 01/09/23 = £115,000.00
    Balance as at 31/12/23 = £112,000.00
    SOA CALCULATOR (for DFW newbies): SOA Calculator
    she/her
  • tim_p
    tim_p Posts: 693 Forumite
    Options
    Hmmm...has anyone warned Earthquake Luke of the possible risk from a nuclear strike? I wonder if anyone is selling a nuclear bunker at the moment?
    Maybe mention that underground access to a sewer pipe might come in handy should the bunker actually be needed. 
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.7K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback