We’d like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum.

This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are – or become – political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.

PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.
📨 Have you signed up to the Forum's new Email Digest yet? Get a selection of trending threads sent straight to your inbox daily, weekly or monthly!

Do you have a secret trick?

1…1314161819…63

Comments

  • I cook as much as I need each time, I occasionally get it right too. If it's too much I sling it on the grass for the birds - wee blackies love it :) 

    We mostly only have rice if we get a takeaway, no matter how many tips and tricks I try I can't really be trusted to do it ha haa!
  • elsien said:
    Not sure if this one is already here, I've lost track a bit, but if you've a dirty casserole dish or pan from cooking  if you sling a used teabag in with warm water and leave it to soak, the tannin in the teabag tends to loosen the baked on food so it's easier to clean. 
    We use a bit of biological washing powder and hot/boiling water. Usually works. You can soak for a bit, or bubble on the hob for a couple of mins. I'll try the tea bag trick though! Sounds much easier.
  • -taff said:
    My mother used to water her house plants with any cold tea left in the pot. They never died on her...mine however....
    Mine did too, apparently geraniums like tea! 
★ ★ ★ Meet your Ambassadors

🚀 Getting Started

Hi new member!

Our Getting Started Guide will help you get the most out of the Forum

Categories

  • All Categories
  • 355.7K Banking & Borrowing
  • 254.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 456.1K Spending & Discounts
  • 248.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 605.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 179K Life & Family
  • 263.6K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 16.2K Discuss & Feedback
  • 37.7K Read-Only Boards

Is this how you want to be seen?

We see you are using a default avatar. It takes only a few seconds to pick a picture.