PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

Do you have a secret trick?

Options
YoungBlueEyes
YoungBlueEyes Posts: 4,055 Forumite
First Anniversary Homepage Hero Photogenic First Post
edited 12 January 2023 at 6:57PM in Old style MoneySaving
Do you have a way of doing something that makes it easier or more efficient? Something that you do but you’re not sure if everybody knows about it? 

If so, share it on this thread 🙂

Here’s mine. When you’re putting up a washing line, make sure it’s good and long. Then you can do a double string, and use it to split your sheets etc. Larger surface area means it dries quicker. 

Like this - 

So how about you? What’s your trick?
The second man to go over Niagara Falls in a barrel, Bobby Leach, survived the fall but later died as a result of slipping on a piece of orange peel.

Comments

• joedenise
    joedenise Posts: 16,561 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary
    Options
    Definitely need to try the California roll!  At the moment DH and I do it together to make things easy but if I can do it by myself I won't have to wait for him to be available to help!

• YoungBlueEyes
    Options
    That’s what I used to do Slinky, til I thought of splitting them. 

I use big hair clips to hold the top of the duvet in place while I’m shaking it about. It kinda works but I’m gonna practise the California roll cos it looks better. Or it will be, if I can crack the practise bit :disappointed:

Wednesday2000 - that made me laugh 😆 I wish I’d taken a new pic when I had my good bedding out. I used the same pic I’d put on another thread about it. Least it wasn’t actually himself’s underpants tho! 
    The second man to go over Niagara Falls in a barrel, Bobby Leach, survived the fall but later died as a result of slipping on a piece of orange peel.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.4K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.2K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback