We'd like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum. This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are - or become - political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.

Mortgage Free now aiming for FIRE

Options

Comments

• TallGirl
    TallGirl Posts: 5,628 Forumite
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    All place 6 mats now complete and a little square to put in a bread basket or something. 

Also found a brand new table ironing board in the loft. Well there was actually two they belong fed to dgs mum. 

Another win found the exact elastic I needed for the trouser project. The one I had bought was too wide and not long enough. The pink fabric is the stuff for the trousers. Might start getting the pattern sorted or at least iron the fabric. 

Save £12k in 24 No 50
    PB Win 21 £225, 22 £275, 23 £900, Balance Jun £30K + £12K added to pension & £1850 withdrawn) (Wins 24 Jan £200 Feb £150 Mar £75 Apr £125 May £0) 
    Plan to move to Denmark for FIRE by 2026 “May your decisions reflect your hopes not your fears”
    New diary aiming for fire https://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/discussion/6414795/mortgage-free-now-aiming-for-fire#latest

• LadyWithAPlan
    Options
    Loving all your craft pics, those mats are lovely.

I LOVED Bridgerton season 1 but I  dont think season 2 is quite as good - have you watched it yet? Despite the actual 2nd book being better - in the Tv version the plot gets overly twisted and the shocking lack of the Duke just hurts ;)  Still the costumes and settings are beyond fabulous and its definitely still required viewing.

I am currently on drag race season 15 - I have been watching them since the start thanks to my hairdressing friend - if you haven't seen Anetra's talent show in episode 1 you should - beyond fabulous. She so broke the internet ... 
    There will always be a (beautiful stilettoed) foot in fabulous in LaPlan's life.
    I am choosing to be fabulously frugal to support some wonderful life changing and affirming financial goals including buying a London home I love.

DON'T BUY STUFF (from Frugalwoods)
    No seriously, just don’t buy things. 99% of our success with our savings rate is attributed to the fact that we don’t buy things. You can’t really hack your way to frugal. You can and should take advantage of discounts, coupons, rewards points, and the like. But at the end of the day, the only way to truly save money is to not buy stuff.    Money doesn’t walk out of your wallet on its own accord.

My March  streaks to track
    Track Minimalist game  items (Nov 310)   (Dec  95)  (Jan 90)   Feb 50
    Exercise streak  
    YNAB days:: Target 50 days -Age of money 29
    Track my NSD's - Target 13 days/ 0/13

https://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/discussion/6289577/future-proofing-my-life-deposit-saving-then-mfw-journey-in-under-13-years#latest
  • TallGirl
    Options
    Hello fellow Drag race friend we watched all of the UK and American series incl All Stars in lockdown. I love Ru Paul with Michelle Visage and the guest judges but without them it’s not so good so haven’t bothered with the Canadian one. 

We’ve not started series two yet the Duke is essential so that will be a shame.  As you said if the rest is as amazing hopefully enjoy it. 

Also started on Call the midwives that’s just so good. Only on series 2 so loads to watch. I like it when there’s humour too not just doom and gloom. Struggle with the news at the moment everything just seems so depressing. 

Thanks for your comments re the mats I’m trying to get back into sewing. I used to make my own clothes as I could never fit anything at 6.2ft. Then I found long tall sally and then kind of stopped. 

I’m about the cut out the trousers so still plodding along. 
    Save £12k in 24 No 50
    PB Win 21 £225, 22 £275, 23 £900, Balance Jun £30K + £12K added to pension & £1850 withdrawn) (Wins 24 Jan £200 Feb £150 Mar £75 Apr £125 May £0) 
    Plan to move to Denmark for FIRE by 2026 “May your decisions reflect your hopes not your fears”
    New diary aiming for fire https://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/discussion/6414795/mortgage-free-now-aiming-for-fire#latest

• TallGirl
    Options
    Had to stop sewing the pink trousers as I had no thread in the right colour. I did take in some work trousers that was due to be thrown out as they were flared. Now I just need to loose a tiny bit and they are perfect. Money saved. 

No golf just too cold but did get a bit of gardening done which was nice. 

Went to Lidl got essentials you do get more for your money than Asda but I like the delivery. 

Now watching Call the midwife than dinner. Total chilling which is nice. 
    Save £12k in 24 No 50

• TallGirl
    Options
    Thanks for reading and your kind words. 

So more spending today, our pool equipment needed to be replaced and the guy managed to source some new kit at about 1/2 price. So that is £350 in cash gone today then there is more cash Thursday (£200) and finally having to pay for his labour which shouldn't be much but needs must and we knew when we bought that it would need replacing so he has done well to keep it going for 3 years. 

Off to HQ tomorrow so that is lunch incl at least and I can get a coffee on expenses which will be nice. Today busy with calls but lovely lunch planned HM chilli from the freezer with jackets. Asda being delivered later actually struggled to spend the min really trying to eat out of the freezer. We did an inventory at the weekend so we know what it is in there now. 
    Save £12k in 24 No 50

• TallGirl
    edited 18 January 2023 at 8:55AM
    Options
    Morning but if a hectic start to the day as train was cancelled due to landslide. Couldn’t get the one before so decided to drive 7 miles to next mainline station and park. Work will reimburse me and they can pay for my coffee too. Had to buy it at station so no stamps sadly.  I would have walked to local station but as the next one said delayed I didn’t want to risk it. 

More spending yesterday saw a vintage Le Crueset fondue set on marketplace. £20 without the forks but sell around £50. My set is was £20 20 years ago but cheap metal not cast iron and lovely retro orange like this one. Very happy with my spend. 

My mum got blue lighted to hospital her Addison went into crisis happens when she’s stressed or has something not right with her. She’s got gallstones and might have other infections. Thankful she lives in Denmark where the ambulances work and hospitals can cope. I’m getting more and more worried about this country. 

Work is mental but managing and seeing results. Got told yesterday but a chair that I asked all the right questions he just didn’t have the answers. Looking forward to spending time with my team today face to face been so so long. 
    Save £12k in 24 No 50

• vandanfc
    vandanfc Posts: 2,027 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    TallGirl said:
    Morning but if a hectic start to the day as train was cancelled due to landslide. Couldn’t get the one before so decided to drive 7 miles to next mainline station and park. Work will reimburse me and they can pay for my coffee too. Had to buy it at station so no stamps sadly.  I would have walked to local station but as the next one said delayed I didn’t want to risk it. 

More spending yesterday saw a vintage Le Crueset fondue set on marketplace. £20 without the forks but sell around £50. My set is was £20 20 years ago but cheap metal not cast iron and lovely retro orange like this one. Very happy with my spend. 

My mum got blue lighted to hospital her Addison went into crisis happens when she’s stressed or has something not right with her. She’s got gallstones and might have other infections. Thankful she lives in Denmark where the ambulances work and hospitals can cope. I’m getting more and more worried about this country. 

Work is mental but managing and seeing results. Got told yesterday but a chair that I asked all the right questions he just didn’t have the answers. Looking forward to spending time with my team today face to face been so so long. 
    Sorry to hear about your mum. As you said thankfully she doesn’t live in the UK! Hope you hear good news soon.
  • TallGirl
    Options
    Thanks my mum had her operation today 4 gall bladder stones so will hopefully feel better soon. I do wish I could visit her in hospital but she has oodles of good friends and my sister will come if needed she's not that far away.  

Another expense today this time physio for my shoulder. It is not frozen just torn and I need it to repair itself. She only charges £40 a session as I know her from the club. Usually it's £65 so that is something to be grateful for. 

Did also have to buy some bands to help stretch my shoulders back as my posture is awful which I agree with plus some exercises. Managed two sessions at the gym that's 5 this week two less due to being in London yesterday. 

I did have nice win yesterday there was far too much food yesterday so got some lovely Pret fruit and sweet treats to take home. Brownies and flapjacks safely in the freezer so they don't spoil the diet.  Dietwise we have both been good less so yesterday. Fruit smoothie with oats and skimmed milk (homemade) a chicken wrap with freshly cooked plain chicken and lots of salad and for dinner after gym a bowl of home made musli and blueberries.  If only I could be that good everyday. 

Tomorrow work is super busy but things are progressing nicely. Got a lot of projects on the go and I had let one slip by which I have not rectified but it could have been done sooner. Also got out of a meeting next week which will be handy. Speaking to my manager tomorrow about all my leave in Feb/March I bet she's not keen but I do not think she'll say no. Well I hope not as all the tickets are booked. 

No gym tomorrow so that is nice hoping to crack on with the pink trousers over the weekend and the guy who is doing the work on the pump box is also coming tomorrow but the cash is ready for him. 

Night night all. 
    Save £12k in 24 No 50

Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 12 Election 2024: The MSE Leaders' Debate
  • 344.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.4K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450.1K Spending & Discounts
  • 236.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609.6K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.5K Life & Family
  • 248.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure