🗳️ ELECTION 2024: THE MSE LEADERS' DEBATE Got a burning question you want us to ask the party leaders ahead of the general election? Submit your suggestions via this form or post them on our dedicated Forum board where you can see and upvote other users' questions. Please note that the Forum's rules on avoiding general political discussion still apply across all boards.

Small steps lead to big changes...

Options

Comments

• WinterWarrior
    WinterWarrior Posts: 5,777 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Photogenic Name Dropper
    Options
    That’s brilliant about the weight loss. Just keeping it off without a big effort is really good! 
    Not all who wander are lost - J.R.R.Tolkien
    🌊 A smooth sea never made a skilled sailor 🌊
    2024 challenges - (1) £8k savings challenge = £1000 so far (2) 1 stone weight reduction = 3 lb’s so far
    My WW and friends diary is here 😁 … 
    https://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/discussion/6259606/must-try-harder/p1

• beanielou
    beanielou Posts: 90,723 Ambassador
    Academoney Grad I'm a Volunteer Ambassador Mortgage-free Glee! Name Dropper
    Options
    Great pad. 
    I am a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Mortgage Free Wannabe & Local Money Saving Scotland & Disability Money Matters. If you need any help on those boards, do let me know.Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any post you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button , or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own & not the official line of Money Saving Expert.

Lou~ Debt free Wanabe No 55 DF 03/14.**Credit card debt free 30/06/10~** MFW. Finally mortgage free O2/ 2021****
    "A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.

***Fall down seven times,stand up eight*** ~~Japanese proverb.
    ***Keep plodding*** Out of debt, out of danger. ***Be the difference.***
    One debt remaining. Home improvement loan.
  • beanielou
    beanielou Posts: 90,723 Ambassador
    Academoney Grad I'm a Volunteer Ambassador Mortgage-free Glee! Name Dropper
    Options
    Great weight loss. 
    I am a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Mortgage Free Wannabe & Local Money Saving Scotland & Disability Money Matters. If you need any help on those boards, do let me know.Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any post you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button , or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own & not the official line of Money Saving Expert.

Lou~ Debt free Wanabe No 55 DF 03/14.**Credit card debt free 30/06/10~** MFW. Finally mortgage free O2/ 2021****
    "A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.

***Fall down seven times,stand up eight*** ~~Japanese proverb.
    ***Keep plodding*** Out of debt, out of danger. ***Be the difference.***
    One debt remaining. Home improvement loan.
  • doingitanyway
    doingitanyway Posts: 8,883 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Mortgage-free Glee!
    Options
    Glad you had an opportunity to see your weight over a longer period of time. Your weight loss is brilliant. 
    If you have built castles in the air, your work should not be lost; that is where they should be. Now put the foundations under them.

Solicitor/survey savings 300/1700
    Emergency fund 0/1000
    Buffer fund 0/200
  • Less_Talk_and_More_Action
    Options
    Hi jwil
    Just popping by - I am away with work so will catch up better at the weekend.  I am also a nutracheck user.  Agree with WW about the kitchen weighing scales - for me after years of slimming world I had a really distorted view of portion sizes so it has been helpful there.  Having said that, I know people use NC differently and each person gets their own benefit.  I use the building meals function loads - even for things like beans on toast as it saves a lot of time.  One of the main things I like is the data it gives me - I weigh everything at home (which also gives me a visual guide if out) and log everything and then I can review if I’ve gained or repeat a week where I list if I need to.  
    As you say - great value for a year so another tool to use. 
    Fantastic on the weight loss - definitely shows the benefit of small changes.  

L x 
  • ladyholly
    ladyholly Posts: 3,009 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Name Dropper
    Options
    Well done on the weight loss. Slow and steady is the healthiest.
  • jwil
    jwil Posts: 19,414 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    That’s brilliant about the weight loss. Just keeping it off without a big effort is really good! 
    Yes, I was really pleased that it's clearly stuck!

beanielou said:
    Great pad. 
    beanielou said:
    Great weight loss. 
    Glad you had an opportunity to see your weight over a longer period of time. Your weight loss is brilliant. 
    Thank you :) I was pleasantly surprised!

Hi jwil
    Just popping by - I am away with work so will catch up better at the weekend.  I am also a nutracheck user.  Agree with WW about the kitchen weighing scales - for me after years of slimming world I had a really distorted view of portion sizes so it has been helpful there.  Having said that, I know people use NC differently and each person gets their own benefit.  I use the building meals function loads - even for things like beans on toast as it saves a lot of time.  One of the main things I like is the data it gives me - I weigh everything at home (which also gives me a visual guide if out) and log everything and then I can review if I’ve gained or repeat a week where I list if I need to.  
    As you say - great value for a year so another tool to use. 
    Fantastic on the weight loss - definitely shows the benefit of small changes.  

L x 
    Thank you :)  I've got some non-digital scales so will use them for now.  I'm not prepared to spend out on any more at the moment, but it leaves me options for the future.  I'm a complete data nerd so like looking at that side of it :D   

ladyholly said:
    Well done on the weight loss. Slow and steady is the healthiest.
    Thank you :)  I'm hoping to make small, permanent changes.  I hadn't appreciated that they were actually working though :D 
    "If you can dream it, you can do it". Walt Disney
  • jwil
    jwil Posts: 19,414 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    edited 9 May at 8:08AM
    Options
    Today's PAD - £15

Jan - £319
    Feb - £135
    Mar - £129
    Apr - £114
    May - £44