We'd like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum. This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are - or become - political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.

Debt free and staying that way while I re-evaluate life and keep blood sugar levels down

Options

Comments

• Humdinger1
    Humdinger1 Posts: 1,929 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper
    Options
    Yes @doingitanyway gf can do that.  I was on that diet briefly but when I read the sugar levels, I stopped and was diagnosed as not needing to do it anyway! A bit of low fat cheese or a few nuts are my go to now. Plan to try making chia seed crackers myself actually. Thanks everyone for commenting and reading love Humdinger xx 
  • jackieblack
    jackieblack Posts: 10,332 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary
    Options
    It is so variable, what spikes our BS. I make a buckwheat loaf and only today I noticed I crave sugar/carbs on the days I have it. So looked it up and yes, it is healthy and GF but it is high in carbs. Sooo, that is the end of that. I'm going to have a go at seed crackers next...

Wishing everyone a good weekend  :)
    I can highly recommend this recipe https://www.dietdoctor.com/recipes/low-carb-sesame-crispbread - I don’t bother with the PSP, and I tend to put in more cheese 😁
    2.22kWp Solar PV system installed Oct 2010, Fronius IG20 Inverter, south facing (-5 deg), 30 degree pitch, no shading
    Everything will be alright in the end so, if it’s not yet alright, it means it’s not yet the end
    MFW #4 OPs (offset): 2018 £866.89, 2019 £1322.33, 2020 £1337.07,
    2021 £1250.00, 2022 £1500.00, 2023 £1500
    Target for 2024 (offset) = £1200, YTD £690
    Quidquid Latine dictum sit altum videtur
  • doingitanyway
    doingitanyway Posts: 8,987 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Mortgage-free Glee!
    Options
    Thanks @Humdinger1 I don't beat processed GF due to the sugar levels and rubbish thrown. I go for naturally GF food generally. So, I was surprised to be caught out! It actually isn't that high carb in the grand scheme of things, but it spikes me. Glad I realised  :) Nuts and cheeses are good snacks. I must remember that...

Thanks @jackieblack I will try the crisp bread and report back  :)
    Happy weekend to all reading 
    If you have built castles in the air, your work should not be lost; that is where they should be. Now put the foundations under them.

Solicitor/survey savings 300/1700
    Emergency fund 0/1000
    Buffer fund 0/200
  • Humdinger1
    Options
    Really! That's interesting xx
  • Humdinger1
    Options
    That's exactly how I do it too @foxgloves! And yes thank you, positively bouncing with bushiness...
  • jwil
    jwil Posts: 19,652 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    Hope you had a lovely birthday :)
    "If you can dream it, you can do it". Walt Disney
  • Humdinger1
    Options
    Thanks @jwil I did! Getting on now but chronological and biological ages do not have to be the same and anyway I feel well and happy if slightly worried about the cost of living.  I'm planning to audit the pantry and see what dainties I can conjure....
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 344.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.6K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450.4K Spending & Discounts
  • 236.7K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 610.5K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.8K Life & Family
  • 249.5K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback