We’d like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum.

This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are – or become – political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.

📨 Have you signed up to the Forum's new Email Digest yet? Get a selection of trending threads sent straight to your inbox daily, weekly or monthly!

Resourcefulness: The budgeter's friend

1…834835836837838840»

Comments

  • foxgloves
    foxgloves Posts: 13,740 Forumite
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Photogenic Name Dropper

    @Baileys_Babe - No, as it's already been repaced when I broke the original one & it cost almost as much as the price of a completely new slow cooker at the time. I have been racking my brains as to when we bought it & my best guess is at least 12 years ago. My concern would be spending money on a new crock, then the heated base conking out because of its age. However, I wouldn't rule out buying a smaller one for cooking much smaller amounts if I think it would be useful. I shall see how I get on with this big one first. I shall miss having a crock which can go on the hob for browning, etc, so any future buy will defo need to include that.

    I use our slow cooker all year round but particularly like it in the colder months as it is very homely adding its bit of warmth to the kitchen as well as simmering away busily all day to provide a tasty meal later.

    F x

    2026's challenges: 1) To rebuild our Emergency Fund to at least £5k.
    2) To read 50 books (12/50) 3) The Re-Shrinking of Foxgloves 8.1kg/30kg
    Remember....if you have to put it on a credit card, extend your overdraft or take out a loan to buy whatever it is, you probably can't afford it, as that's not your money, it's somebody else's!
  • PennysIntoPounds
    PennysIntoPounds Posts: 7,426 Forumite
    1,000 Posts Third Anniversary Photogenic Name Dropper

    Congrats on the pension cheque and lump sum! And well done for allocating it to pots and Future Foxgloves HQ 🥂

    Do get yourself a treat though, that's the culmination of work wot you did and you should have a nice thing as your reward

    Retrospective congrats on your slow cooker win 😁

★ ★ ★ Meet your Ambassadors

🚀 Getting Started

Hi new member!

Our Getting Started Guide will help you get the most out of the Forum

Categories

  • All Categories
  • 355.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 254.8K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 456.1K Spending & Discounts
  • 248.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 605.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 179K Life & Family
  • 263.5K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 16.1K Discuss & Feedback
  • 37.7K Read-Only Boards

Is this how you want to be seen?

We see you are using a default avatar. It takes only a few seconds to pick a picture.