Walking into another chapter ...

Comments

• What a little sweetie! 
    🎉 MORTGAGE FREE (First time!) 30/09/2016 🎉 And now we go again…New mortgage taken 01/09/23 🏡
    Balance as at 01/09/23 = £115,000.00
    Balance as at 31/12/23 = £112,000.00
    SOA CALCULATOR (for DFW newbies): SOA Calculator
    she/her
  • benbenandme
    benbenandme Posts: 12,145
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker Photogenic
    Forumite
    Morning all, well one week with Boo and she's adorable - so affectionate, she bounds over to see me when I come in, it's like having a puppy :)

Todays plan is catching up on washing and housework this morning then the usual footie afternoon. I might do some online Christmas shopping too. Moneywise the unions have finally agreed a payrise for support staff (from April), of £1925 so we should get that either at the end of this month or next. which will be lovely. Not sure yet where to allocate it - I'm thinking maybe finish off the holiday fund and spending money with it, or maybe some towards the £1000 I need to find in 2024 for my retirement world cruise or maybe start a new fund for a dentist :(, not exciting but needed. Hmm, thoughts to ponder.

£22 withdrawn from Prolific this morning.

Mortgage Total: £55,900 / £75,000
    2024 Savings: £1044
  • Sun_Addict
    Sun_Addict Posts: 20,907
    First Post Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary
    Forumite
    So pleased to hear Boo is settling in well. Great news about the pay rise too. 
    Christmas Savings 2024 £163.94/£600 February NSD:5 January Surveys £51.87
  • beanielou
    beanielou Posts: 89,366
    Academoney Grad I'm a Volunteer Ambassador Mortgage-free Glee! Name Dropper
    Ambassador
    Great news on payrise. 
    Awww wee Boo. 😻😻
    I am a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Mortgage Free Wannabe & Local Money Saving Scotland & Disability Money Matters. If you need any help on those boards, do let me know.Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any post you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button , or by emailing [email protected]. All views are my own & not the official line of Money Saving Expert.

Lou~ Debt free Wanabe No 55 DF 03/14.**Credit card debt free 30/06/10~** MFW. Finally mortgage free O2/ 2021****
    "A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.

***Fall down seven times,stand up eight*** ~~Japanese proverb.
    ***Keep plodding*** Out of debt, out of danger. ***Be the difference.***
    One debt remaining. Home improvement loan.
  • Blackcats
    Blackcats Posts: 2,613
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper
    Forumite
    Boo sounds adorable.  My rescue cat is very affectionate too and also trots around following me or bounds over to welcome us home.  Even after 12 years he still makes me smile each and every day.
    fab news about the pay rise - it's nice to have the "problem" of allocating the money to various pots.  I'm sure you will make sensible decisions and have some fun too.
  • benbenandme
    Forumite
    Not sure where the last 3 weeks have gone ... all pottering along nicely here.

Boo: She is gorgeous and seems to think she is a golden retriever. She spends most of her time playing fetch - she drops her toy on my foot and paws me until I throw it for her, this can go on for several hours non-stop :)

Money stuff: £82 won just now on a spins game, I let myself have £3 to spend on it and had a nice win so that has gone over to the holiday pot. That doesn't have much further to go now, will be nice to tick that target off my list before the end of the year so I can concentrate on new goals in 2024. 

Yesterday was payday and I got my backpay, £1100 and have moved it straight over to my savings pot until I decide how to split it between various pots. This weekend involves getting everywhere spick and span before the decs go up maybe next weekend. Also some Christmas shopping probably needs to be happening.
  • benbenandme
    Forumite
    £5 withdrawn from Prolific
  • Sun_Addict
    Forumite
    I was wondering how you were getting on with Boo. She sounds delightful 😻 My youngest cat loves chasing balls just like my dog. She even dribbles it between her feet 😆
  • benbenandme
    Forumite

Here's a pic of her right now - I'm trying to mooch on the laptop, she's curled up on my hand :)
  • Sun_Addict
    Forumite
    Aw how sweet 😻 She’s fallen on her feet with you she’s a lucky cat - although she will no doubt think it’s you who’s lucky to have her that’s cats all over 😆
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 341.8K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.7K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.2K Spending & Discounts
  • 233.9K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 606.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.5K Life & Family
  • 246.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure