🗳️ ELECTION 2024: THE MSE LEADERS' DEBATE Got a burning question you want us to ask the party leaders ahead of the general election? Submit your suggestions via this form or post them on our dedicated Forum board where you can see and upvote other users' questions. Please note that the Forum's rules on avoiding general political discussion still apply across all boards.

Evri is not the courier from hell

Options

Comments

• Murphybear
    Murphybear Posts: 7,317 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    MarvinDay said:
    May I suggest that we bring the great “Evri debate” to a close?  It’s very polarising, some love Evri, some hate it.  Both based on personal experience.
    That's a very strange comment to make.
    What would be the point of people commenting on a "praise, vent & warnings" forum if their comments were not based on personal experience?
    Some of my comments were based on what others people have told me about their experiences with Evri so I don’t think it’s a strange comment  :D
  • Jlawson118
    Jlawson118 Posts: 1,132 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    We have a fantastic lady delivering for Evri around my local area who never lets her customers down. But if she's ever off or somebody else covers her route, it often goes wrong
  • mac.d
    mac.d Posts: 1,346 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    edited 1 January 2023 at 3:03PM
    Options
    Delighted to say that my parcel that was sitting delayed with Evri from 7 December finally turned up completely out of the blue on Friday (well got an email at 10am to say it'd be delivered by 11.30am). So perhaps it was never lost and just a backlog of parcels sitting in their delivery depot? The person who the gift was for just got it 5 days after Christmas, so not a complete disaster. I'm just happy it wasn't lost so don't need to go through the hassle of re-ordering, and certainly no need to get incandescent with rage  :D
  • beatthebookienet
    beatthebookienet Posts: 41 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    edited 1 January 2023 at 6:32PM
    Options
    I used them for many years without problem until I accidentally put the same label on two different parcels. In such a case one of the parcels disappears from existence in their network and they reclaim it as their own without compensation despite phone calls and visitng their offices
  • Mayaboo
    Mayaboo Posts: 95 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    I used them for many years without problem until I accidentally put the same label on two different parcels. In such a case one of the parcels disappears from existence in their network and they reclaim it as their own without compensation despite phone calls and visitng their offices
    I use the print in store label facility & that doesn't allow you to print the same label out twice 
  • JReacher1
    JReacher1 Posts: 4,652 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    Seems like your fault really. Not sure how you can blame Evri for this. 

From their point of view they deal with hundreds of thousands of parcels and all they can track a parcel on is the label/barcode/number. If they’ve got two parcels with the same label don’t see how they can track if one goes missing. 

Also they wouldn’t provide compensation as from their point of view the parcel number you are complaining about was delivered. 
  • CurlySue2017
    Options
    Our local Evri delivery lady is brilliant!  Never had any issues with deliveries at all and she always has time for a quick chat and a laugh, she's a lovely, smiley lady (which makes a change from a lot of couriers who simply grunt and throw your parcel at you)
    I cannot fault her to be honest :smile:
  • mjm3346
    mjm3346 Posts: 46,961 Forumite
    Options
    Local BBC news today

Evri apologises for undelivered packages in Chew Valley

Evri has failed to deliver more than 150 packages to addresses across the Chew Valley, customers have claimed.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-somerset-64211675
  • SpillerMRS
    Options
    Evri customer service is diabolical.

Our local delivery driver is wonderful - if your parcel makes it through the system, she’s amazing! Intuitive, diligent and all the rest of it.

The issue is the system and the impossibility of speaking to a person if anything goes wrong - which, unfortunately is the norm (perhaps depending on where you live).

We all know that Royal Mail strikes piled pressure on other courier companies over Christmas but if the demand was too great, the service shouldn’t be offered! For instance, I would far rather be told by Evri that I couldn’t book a delivery until backlog was cleared… than the personal experience I’ve had where, since October, Evri has “lost” SIX parcels (one that we sent, the other five coming to us from reputable companies).

As lost items, the onus then goes to the original supplier - so the refund comes not from Evri - just an automated email, generated after weeks of trying to get hold of someone. Automated, washed hands of, pocketing the money, furious customers…

But their delivery driver is lovely. She is great, but the company is dreadful.
  • mjm3346
    mjm3346 Posts: 46,961 Forumite
    Options
    More Everi misery reported on BBC and others

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-64223554

Many online shoppers across the UK have yet to receive their Christmas parcels as courier Evri faces severe delays.

https://uk.finance.yahoo.com/news/evri-delivery-chaos-customers-waiting-christmas-parcels-105049042.html

Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 8 Election 2024: The MSE Leaders' Debate
  • 343.9K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.3K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450K Spending & Discounts
  • 236K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609.2K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.4K Life & Family
  • 248.6K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure