Ancestry discount

Options

Comments

• Farway
    Farway Posts: 13,289 Forumite
    Homepage Hero First Post Name Dropper Photogenic
    Options
    Sounds like you're reading it right, but seems to imply you are currently on a six-month membership price.
    So many things will change between now & Jan 2024 that I suspect vigilance will be required

Eight out of ten owners who expressed a preference said their cats preferred other peoples gardens
  • Sterlingtimes
    Sterlingtimes Posts: 2,405 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    I cancelled MyHeritage when they charged me £226 on an autorenewal instead of the offered £136.

A day later, they agreed on a price of £118 for their top-tier plan. I clarified that I would not consent to an autorenewal moving forward.
    I have osteoarthritis in my hands so I speak my messages into a microphone using Dragon. Some people make "typos" but I often make "speakos".
  • MouldyOldDough
    MouldyOldDough Posts: 1,803 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Photogenic Name Dropper
    Options
    I cancelled MyHeritage when they charged me £226 on an autorenewal instead of the offered £136.

A day later, they agreed on a price of £118 for their top-tier plan. I clarified that I would not consent to an autorenewal moving forward.
    I hate autorenewal 
    I always cancel it straight away 
    House and car insurance being prime examples
  • Farway
    Farway Posts: 13,289 Forumite
    Homepage Hero First Post Name Dropper Photogenic
    Options
    OT, just to let others know to keep an eye on in box, but I have just been given free access to all My Heritage records for one week.
    I've never been a member, but do have a free tree on there
    Eight out of ten owners who expressed a preference said their cats preferred other peoples gardens
  • Plimsol
    Options
    Just wondered if anyone has managed to get a half price deal with Ancestry.co.uk recently. My membership has expired and I just can't afford the full fee anymore. 
  • Sterlingtimes
    Sterlingtimes Posts: 2,405 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Plimsol said:
    Just wondered if anyone has managed to get a half price deal with Ancestry.co.uk recently. My membership has expired and I just can't afford the full fee anymore. 
    I use MyHeritage. So I cannot answer your question. It was difficult contacting MyHeritage at renewal time, I explained that I had to cancel because I could not afford the annual charge. They reduced the fee to about 50% and agreed in principle that they would follow suit in subsequent years. 
    I have osteoarthritis in my hands so I speak my messages into a microphone using Dragon. Some people make "typos" but I often make "speakos".
  • Plimsol
    Options
    Plimsol said:
    I use MyHeritage. So I cannot answer your question. It was difficult contacting MyHeritage at renewal time, I explained that I had to cancel because I could not afford the annual charge. They reduced the fee to about 50% and agreed in principle that they would follow suit in subsequent years. 
    Many thanks. That's very useful to know. Perhaps I'll try to contact Ancestry, and explain. It can't do any harm.
  • LessImpecunious
    Options
    Plimsol said:

Lots of websites seem to be offering up to 50% off Ancestry with discount codes or links, but I tried one or two and none of them seemed to be working (despite signing out of my account and disabling cookies, etc)... There's an Ancestry page at https://www.ancestry.co.uk/c/coupons which they say may be updated with offers; and they often have a New Year 's sale, which I used last year to get a half price deal. I suspect they send personalised deals out to regular subscribers after they cancel their current subscriptions...

• MouldyOldDough
    MouldyOldDough Posts: 1,803 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Photogenic Name Dropper
    edited 5 October 2023 at 11:31AM
    Options
    Plimsol said:

I got "worldwide" for £89.99 for 12 months via a discount link that I have used for the last 3 years
    just make sure that you resubscribe after your last sub expires - so as a "new" customer
  • Plimsol
    Plimsol Posts: 4 Newbie
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Just resurrecting this thread. I ended up cancelling my membership, as it was a luxury that I could no longer afford. None of the suggestions in previous posts work anymore but has anyone managed to get a discount on membership recently? 
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.6K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.2K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback