Ancestry discount

Options
I put this in 50 plus for obvious reasons
https://www.ancestry.co.uk/checkout/MLI?flow=3&rType=11 will save you an absolute fortune - if you are into family research
£59.95 for 12 months - as opposed to full price £69.99 for SIX months

Comments

• Farway
    Farway Posts: 13,234 Forumite
    Homepage Hero First Post Name Dropper Photogenic
    Options
    Sounds good deal, but your link takes me to a DNA kit checkout not membership

My membership expires next month, so hoping similar off is still going
    Eight out of ten owners who expressed a preference said their cats preferred other peoples gardens
  • MouldyOldDough
    Options
    You need to log out of ancestry first and refresh your browser
    It still works for me
  • snowbird20
    snowbird20 Posts: 154 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper
    Options
    you folks are lucky.  My ancestry renewal in the US this week was $300.
  • LessImpecunious
    Options
    Just posted similar t this in another thread but copying here also: Having cancelled my subscription shortly before it ended around the 1st Jan and trying various options with no success (e.g., checking Ancestry's FB page) this morning I had an email, with a link to this offer (says it expires 9th January) https://www.ancestry.co.uk/checkout/MLI?rtype=11&flow=3&o_xid=125921&o_lid=125921&o_sch=Email Campaigns Only for the Premium membership, at half price (59.99 vs 119.99) though it looked like there was an option to edit before I completed the last stage of checkout (I didn't check whether this allowed me to select other membership levels as this was the one I wanted anyhow...). If this doesn't work, I've also came across this Ancestry page of special offers - only a 14 day free trial showing at the moment, but they may post other options at other times.... https://www.ancestry.co.uk/c/coupons
  • Murielson
    Murielson Posts: 268 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Just posted similar t this in another thread but copying here also: Having cancelled my subscription shortly before it ended around the 1st Jan and trying various options with no success (e.g., checking Ancestry's FB page) this morning I had an email, with a link to this offer (says it expires 9th January) https://www.ancestry.co.uk/checkout/MLI?rtype=11&flow=3&o_xid=125921&o_lid=125921&o_sch=Email Campaigns Only for the Premium membership, at half price (59.99 vs 119.99) though it looked like there was an option to edit before I completed the last stage of checkout (I didn't check whether this allowed me to select other membership levels as this was the one I wanted anyhow...). If this doesn't work, I've also came across this Ancestry page of special offers - only a 14 day free trial showing at the moment, but they may post other options at other times.... https://www.ancestry.co.uk/c/coupons
    First link comes out on checkout page and there is nothing there

• LessImpecunious
    Options
    Murielson said:
    First link comes out on checkout page and there is nothing there

Sorry, should have said, think you need to be signed out of Ancestry first...
  • Sterlingtimes
    Options
    Last January, MyHeritage renewal came up at £226.80, which was unacceptable. After telling them that I wished to cancel, this was reduced to £136.08, which I accepted.

If I cancel a service like this, do I lose all of my collected data?
    I have osteoarthritis in my hands so I speak my messages into a microphone using Dragon. Some people make "typos" but I often make "speakos".
  • LessImpecunious
    Options
    If you cancel a subscription you keep all the data, so you will see for each person what records you've attached, and any notes you've made in the description boxes, plus which record/source they relate to (assuming you've attached them), but you won't be able to look at the actual attached sources/records (e.g., census, wills, parish records)...Until/unless you resubscribe with a paid subscription...
  • MouldyOldDough
    MouldyOldDough Posts: 1,783 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Photogenic Name Dropper
    edited 7 January 2023 at 3:53PM
    Options
    If you cancel a subscription you keep all the data, so you will see for each person what records you've attached, and any notes you've made in the description boxes, plus which record/source they relate to (assuming you've attached them), but you won't be able to look at the actual attached sources/records (e.g., census, wills, parish records)...Until/unless you resubscribe with a paid subscription...

I believe that any records that you downloaded during a subscription with Ancestry - continue to be viewable ON your account - just NO new records....

You can if you have downloaded the images to FAMILY TREE MAKER - That is independent to Ancestry and you can view the actual records even though your Ancestry has run out !
  • Sterlingtimes
    Sterlingtimes Posts: 2,403 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Thank you. That helps a lot. I have reached the stage where I rarely find new information. £136 is just about tolerable, but £226 is far too expensive. I enjoyed colourising my monochrome images.
    I have osteoarthritis in my hands so I speak my messages into a microphone using Dragon. Some people make "typos" but I often make "speakos".
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback