Tesco BOGOF

Comments

• bargain_babs
    bargain_babs Posts: 2,369 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    ............ I used to call them rainy day vouchers too ..........
    can't remember why!
  • mhoc
    mhoc Posts: 19,262 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    ............ I used to call them rainy day vouchers too ..........
    can't remember why!

Well I am glad its not just me. I wonder sometimes if I have the early signs of dementia, always getting my words the wrong way round and forgetting the names of things ;)

Mary
    “Create all the happiness you are able to create; remove all the misery you are able to remove. Every day will allow you, --will invite you to add something to the pleasure of others, --or to diminish something of their pains.”
  • skipton
    skipton Posts: 676 Forumite
    Thanks for the tip about rain check vouchers in Tesco but isn't it time all their staff were informed about them.
    I went into my local Tesco store earlier this year armed with the £1 vouchers to use on the bogof on Velvet toilet tissue, only to find the shelf was bare!!
    On asking if they had more toilet rolls I was told No not till new stock arrived. I didn't get a rain check voucher and they wouldn't take the £1 voucher off my shopping because I hadn't bought the product.
    Tesco seem to have adopted the same policy as Asda now. You can only get 10% knocked off your bill using vouchers when not buying the products.
    Needless to say I used the £1 voucher in Morrisons when the nice checkout lady didn't know what a printed internet voucher was.
  • mhoc
    mhoc Posts: 19,262 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    skipton wrote:
    Thanks for the tip about rain check vouchers in Tesco but isn't it time all their staff were informed about them.
    I went into my local Tesco store earlier this year armed with the £1 vouchers to use on the bogof on Velvet toilet tissue, only to find the shelf was bare!!

Forgot to check this morning but I vaguely seem to think that Velvet has a reduced price or a two for £? rather than a BOGOF offer. Anyone confirm this?

Its still worth writing to Tesco to tell them that your store would not issue rain check vouchers (customer promise notes or whatever they are called) and did not seem to know anything about them.

Tell them you wanted to purchase them at the special offer price but because your store was out of stock and wouldnt issue a rain check voucher you had to take your shopping elsewhere. Tesco are supposed to have a constant replenishment policy but it does not seem to apply to loo rolls!

Mary
    “Create all the happiness you are able to create; remove all the misery you are able to remove. Every day will allow you, --will invite you to add something to the pleasure of others, --or to diminish something of their pains.”
  • pinkonion
    pinkonion Posts: 354 Forumite
    On the subject of loo rolls - does anybody elses local Tesco sell Charmin? Mine doesn't which seems surprising for one of the largest brands.
  • cathryn01
    cathryn01 Posts: 13 Forumite
    Went to Asda today, they have 2 asda brand concentrated fabric conditioners for £1, and they only had 1 left in the fragrance I was after. After I found a member of staff he went out the back to look for me, came back and, surprise, they had no more. He asked if I wanted another fragrance to go with it, I said no I was after the sensitive one, so he said I will go and see if I can get you a smiley voucher.
    Off he went to customer services and came back with a small slip of paper which he filled in with the difference from two on the offer.

74p for 1, two for £1, so effectively 50p each.

Smiley voucher gave me 50p off product so I had conditioner for 24p! Was very happy about that! No problems at till, lady just scanned it and 50p deducted from my shopping! Thank you very much Asda!

Did think that I would be told tough, as there were lots of bottles in lots of other fragrances available on the offer, but they were more than helpful.

By the way Tesco in Lichfield are still accepting coupons for any amount off the bill, not just 10%.
  • lemanie
    lemanie Posts: 668 Forumite
    Debt-free and Proud!
    Went to local Somerfield store, (was Safeway/Morrisons) special journey made in car to buy offer seen when on foot. 2 boxes (20 x 330ml bottles) of Stella/Becks for £14, surprise, surprise, (fantastic price and OH has long had mistress called Stella) non in stock. Thought it was worth asking for Raincheck voucher after reading this thread never heard of them before and annoyed about many, many single items left lonely on shelves in Tesco, Morrisons etc.. Very twitchy store manager was called to deal with awkward customer (me?!) and he said that Safeway used to issue them but it wasn't Somerfield policy. Does anyone know if this is true? Did very kindly offer to take number and ring/put some by if more stock arrived. Think the chance of phone ringing very slim, oh I'm a terrible cynic.
    Proud to have dealt with our debt. DFW Nerd 1474
    DFD 25/08/15 _party_. Was: £23,929 01/01/14.
  • kimmie35
    kimmie35 Posts: 27 Forumite
    Well kimmie35 you night team obviously continue to be bitter and twisted out of working hours too. why am i not surprised!!!! your comments are so unfair have you ever worked a day shift - at least you can work without interruption most of your shift you dont get that many customers compared to day staff i bet your not called to the tills several times during the night you are left to it most of the time so yes it does seem like you guys get more done - but it works both ways , day team are aware of backstock of course they are they usually have to help stock controllers find stuff thats offsale due to not being filled or inaccurate count cards, day teams turn to gripe. I really don't know what you wish to achieve by your unecessary swipe at your co-workers but obviously you feel you have something to get off your chest..

Ohhh arent we stroppy!!!!

Yes i transferred from days to nights and yes there are more customers but as you are very aware if you actually do work at a Tesco that days get a top up delivery during the day which they are suppose to put out but i still find items on my backstock that could of gone out but were just dumped...

Yes we do get called onto the tills an yes it does get busy. We also have to right the wrong of people that obvioulsy cant read labels, or have had insufficiant training of the product codes. Or indeed what the little blue dot means...

So if you want to continue this conversation then just pm me as i dont want everyone else bothered by this silly and quite frankly childish chatter..

After 17 years service I can GRIPE....... :rotfl:
  • paul2louise
    paul2louise Posts: 2,416 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    what happens if you call into astore say on a sunday afernoon like yesterday when the weather has ben good and find most of the salad stuff/fruit has gone. If i wanted a cucumber and they had no alternaive eg organic can i get anything for my trouble. doesthis only apply to promotional items. What is strawberries are on offerat half price but they are all gone.

louise
  • italiastar
    italiastar Posts: 1,448 Forumite
    Tesco have a polocy of continuous replenishment so I dont imagine it happens often.
    My one hasn't - the shelves are nearly always empty of offers.

I get the raincheck vouchers to "extend" the offer as they don't expire! so it's a result when I see an empty shelf - Only problem is - I forget to use them
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.1K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure