Tesco BOGOF

Comments

• jo_b_2
    jo_b_2 Posts: 7,123 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    ben500 wrote:
    That said if anyone can give me some info on which stores accept what amount of coupons it would be very helpfull,

I have a pocket full of coupons can anyone suggest any suitable pit stops en-route where I might offload some please?

Look out Tesco England I'm on my way!

To be honest, Ben, the stores are so inconsistent with their own policies on accepting vouchers that it wouldn't really be possible to produce an accurate list. You can go back to the same store an hour later and get a different response to their voucher policy!

As a general rule, you are normally allowed to spend no more than 10% of the total value of the amount spent using vouchers (for products that you haven't actually bought.) That's the average tesco policy but it does vary!
  • mhoc
    mhoc Posts: 19,262 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    ben500 wrote:
    That said if anyone can give me some info on which stores accept what amount of coupons it would be very helpfull,

I am travelling from Cardiff to Torquay this weekend and would prefer if Tesco's financed the trip for me.

I have a pocket full of coupons can anyone suggest any suitable pit stops en-route where I might offload some please?

Look out Tesco England I'm on my way!

I got a booklet from Tesco, only last week, with maps and details of all the filling stations. I would imagine that most are attached to a Tesco store so this might be worth looking out for.

Also Tesco customer service is a freephone number so it might be worth ringing them and asking whereabouts Tesco stores are on your route. It might be worth having your map open and a red marker pen at the ready.

Mary
    “Create all the happiness you are able to create; remove all the misery you are able to remove. Every day will allow you, --will invite you to add something to the pleasure of others, --or to diminish something of their pains.”
  • RussLE
    RussLE Posts: 98 Forumite
    TRY THIS ONE THEN!

If you was to go into Tesco's and there was 5 items left on the counter of a BOGOF. So you buy all five.

Then you tell the girl on the till (and the subsequent supervisor when she is called over!!!) that you actually wanted "10"!

So rather than buying two, getting two free, and a voucher for the remainder, you buy the 5 full price and get them to give you a voucher for 5 more for nothing at a later date whne you need them again!

Works for me!!! :rotfl:
    Click COLOR=Red]HERE[/COLOR to participate in my latest finger exercise program!!
  • mhoc
    mhoc Posts: 19,262 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    I wanted to buy chicken sandwich meat for the childrens lunch packs but the fridge shelf was empty of the one on special offer, think it was Bernard mathews honey roast. Anyway it was on a BOGOF.

So I went to customer service and asked if I could have a rain check voucher and said that I wanted to buy four packs (should have been cheeky and have asked for 6 really, never mind!). It was a very long tortuous process to fill in the slip, involving two cutomer service ladies but worth it in the end.

Next time I was in I picked up four packs and presented them at the till. It was still on BOGOF. Two packs were free and she deducted the cost of the other two packs off my bill. So in effect I had 4 free packs.

This is how it should work but if only tesco would train their staff..

Our store is a 24 hour store so refilling shelves so they are full is not always easy. So I am making a point now of checking for empty BOGOF shelves.

I think in future if I have one of these slips I will take it through as a seperate transaction through the basket till. Especially if there is a jobsworth on that till just to annoy them!

Mary
    “Create all the happiness you are able to create; remove all the misery you are able to remove. Every day will allow you, --will invite you to add something to the pleasure of others, --or to diminish something of their pains.”
  • Caixta
    Caixta Posts: 226 Forumite
    As the "stamp" on the home page says, "Consumer Revenge" !
    "By not unsettling men, you will reassure them. By unsettling men either through timidity or malice, you are always compelled to keep a knife in hand." - Niccolo Machiavelli, 1469-1527
  • Suewre
    Suewre Posts: 624 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    ben500 wrote:
    I am travelling from Cardiff to Torquay this weekend and would prefer if Tesco's financed the trip for me.

I don't know what coupons they accept, but in Torquay we don't have a Tesco super store. There is a Tesco Metro in the town centre (at the GPO roundabout) and two Tesco Express, one at a Esso petrol station on the Teignmouth Road, and one on Barton Hill Road. The nearest Tesco superstore is at Newton Abbot. They definitely accept coupons there.
    Quidco cashback paid out so far £745.89 :j
  • kev.pudd
    kev.pudd Posts: 18 Forumite
    Walls sausages, bogof, only one on shelf, so took it up to cash desk, because it was last on offer the item was free, so buy none get one free!
    Apparently this is current policy in Sainsburys, so if you dont get offered this deal kick up a stink.
    I trys, but sometimes I fails':A :cool: :o

:beer: :beer: :beer:
  • ben500
    ben500 Posts: 23,192 Forumite
    Suewre wrote:
    I don't know what coupons they accept, but in Torquay we don't have a Tesco super store. There is a Tesco Metro in the town centre (at the GPO roundabout) and two Tesco Express, one at a Esso petrol station on the Teignmouth Road, and one on Barton Hill Road. The nearest Tesco superstore is at Newton Abbot. They definitely accept coupons there.

check out my posting here suewre and anyone else in the Torquay area

http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.html?p=651951#post651951

also this post

http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.html?t=68037
    Four guns yet only one trigger prepare for a volley.

Together we can make a difference.
  • freespirit
    freespirit Posts: 69 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    I'm also a bit annoyed now. Countless times I have not been able to get an offer because of low stock, and when I go to customer services I get a woman with attitude problem not understanding that I would now like the missing item from the offer. WHY did she not tell me that I should ask for the voucher at till next time and WHY is there no mention of this very useful service when things are out of stock for home delivery? There is nothing on the home shopping site (perhaps should be in substitutions section?), and if one item is unavailable they will supply you with only one (when "bogof", 1 or 2 if "3 for 2") and you don't get your free one! pah! I'd be a much more satisfied customer if the driver supplied me with a little voucher of entitlement!!
  • blue-kat
    blue-kat Posts: 453 Forumite
    I was wondering if tesco online shoppers can have this too?

Like many disabled people I do most of my weekly family shopping at tesco online and frequently miss out on BOGOFs because the items weren't on the shelf, so they just send one, or much more expesnsive substitutions.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.1K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.7K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure