Tesco BOGOF

Comments

• linzz_2
    linzz_2 Posts: 368 Forumite
    Thanks for this very useful information mhoc. My nearest Tesco is 15 miles away so it will be really handy knowing I can get a voucher and not miss out on any offers as I cant keep popping back.

I knew Sainsbury's used to do this but didn't realise they still did - do they?
  • chardonnay_2
    chardonnay_2 Posts: 2,201 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    thanks will keep this in mind.
    :love: married to the man of my dreams! 9-08-09:love:
  • mhoc
    mhoc Posts: 19,262 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    Isn't that dishonest at least and deception at worst?

No. What is dishonest and deceptive is the pittance it pays all its staff members, its suppliers and farmers. What is immoral is the vast ammount of profits they make, very little of which goes to local communities. What is a disgrace is the way supermarkets force local small shops out of business, not just Tesco but all of the big supermarket chains. Need I go on?

Couldnt find a thank you button for ben500. Very very surprised to find that raincheck vouchers are not common knowledge. I wish I'd asked for more vaggie lasgne vouchers instead of just the one.

We watched a programme about Tesco not long ago and they are supposed to have a system of constant replenishment so they should have no excuses.

Mary
    “Create all the happiness you are able to create; remove all the misery you are able to remove. Every day will allow you, --will invite you to add something to the pleasure of others, --or to diminish something of their pains.”
  • rchddap1
    rchddap1 Posts: 5,926 Forumite
    I know Asda do something similar, but I'm not 100% on the details. When we went shopping we were looking for 4 pints of skimmed milk...and they had none. They ended up giving us a couple of vouchers so that we could get the 2 of the 2 pint versions for the same price as what the 4 pint would have cost.

I'll have to ask if they do raincheck vouchers next time.
    Baby Year 1: Oh dear...on the move

Lily contracted Strep B Meningitis Dec 2006 :eek: Now seemingly a normal little monster. :beer:
    Love to my two angels that I will never forget.
  • BNU_2
    BNU_2 Posts: 505 Forumite
    mhoc wrote:
    vaggie lasgne vouchers instead of just the one.

Mary

Surely NOT!!
    I think a call to the Environmental Health Office may be required?!
    ;):o:D
    :EasterBun
    [SIZE=-1]I can resist everything except temptation. [/SIZE]
    [SIZE=-1] Oscar Wilde [/SIZE]
  • purplegirluk1
    purplegirluk1 Posts: 1,485 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Sainsburys do this as well, it is most useful to know. Make sure you speak to a supervisor though cos they are the ones who can give them out, the checkout assisstants don't always know.
  • mhoc
    mhoc Posts: 19,262 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    BNU wrote:
    Surely NOT!!
    I think a call to the Environmental Health Office may be required?!
    ;):o:D

My spelling has gone completley to pot. I think I have late onset dyslexia LOL

Mary
    “Create all the happiness you are able to create; remove all the misery you are able to remove. Every day will allow you, --will invite you to add something to the pleasure of others, --or to diminish something of their pains.”
  • So let me get this straight:

I can walk into Tesco find any shelf with a BOGOF item which is not in stock, go to Customer Services and say I was going to buy 5 of those but I can't. They then give me a voucher for 5 of product x which I can then produce at a later date to get 5 items of product x for nothing???

Correct?

RD
  • BNU_2
    BNU_2 Posts: 505 Forumite
    So let me get this straight:

I can walk into Tesco find any shelf with a BOGOF item which is not in stock, go to Customer Services and say I was going to buy 5 of those but I can't. They then give me a voucher for 5 of product x which I can then produce at a later date to get 5 items of product x for nothing???

Correct?

RD

I think you would still have to buy 5 to get 5 free, they are rainchecking the offer of BOGOF not handing out free stock!
    :EasterBun
    [SIZE=-1]I can resist everything except temptation. [/SIZE]
    [SIZE=-1] Oscar Wilde [/SIZE]
  • johanne
    johanne Posts: 1,830 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    i work for tesco and i didnt know about these vouchers! :confused:

Although i can say i think the policy will be if its on BOGOF or 3 for 2 and there isnt enough of the product on the shelf you can get the vouchers to make up.. eg. - veggie lasagne on BOGOF - only 1 on the shelf?.. you buy that and then get a voucher for a free one next time your in. veggie lasagne on 3 for 2 - only 2 on the shelf ?... you buy them and then get the voucher for the free one next time your in.

DONT quote me on that though cos its only an "educated guess" at the way it works. ;)

Oh and the "constant replenishment" Tehee! :rotfl: Doesnt happen in our store at least! I am a member of nightime- replen staff and alot of the time i get in at 10pm and a shelf of promo stock is empty on my aisle.. :rolleyes: i'll go in the warehouse and my cage of "backstock" will have cases of the stuff on it! :mad: The day staff "are too busy" to stock out :mad: :rolleyes: (sorry a personal little gripe of mine..)
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure