Wits end with WizzAir - haven't paid when they said they would & no response to emails

2»

Comments

• flea72
    flea72 Posts: 5,392 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    I finally got my payout.  Only took 6m of chasing
  • Great news, any tips on getting things moving or did it just happen? Also can I ask how much your claim was with them as it seems they pay out smaller claims more easily than larger ones?
    My Excel Mortgage Calculator Spreadsheet: http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.html?t=1157173
  • Hey flea72
    I can confirm the same. All of a sudden they sent an email with the actual payment confirmation and apologised for the delay. Took a bit 3 months since first they agreed to pay my claim.
    I have just chased 2-3 times after the 14-20 working days have past twice. My claim was 800 Euros.
  • Blimey that's a nice little early Christmas present, we finally got ours as well today almost 7 months after the flight and 5 months since they agreed to pay compensation within 15-20 days!  :D

It was a bit out of the blue as well as I chased it up again a couple of weeks ago and last week they sent me a slightly snotty email that seemed to misunderstand the situation, saying

We understand your point of view, and we sympathize with you, however, we can only provide the solution according to the 
    General Conditions of Carriage. With that being said, kindly refer to dispute resolution areas according to instructions provided in the previous reply, as it is at the moment the best way to receive an alternative resolution.

Please note that as we can not offer you an alternative decision for your case, we have to close it.

When I logged in 30 minutes later the case was indeed closed on my Wizzair account 
    :o

I emailed them back saying the email made no sense as I didn't want an alternative decision as they'd already admitted liability and agreed a payout, I just wanted them to complete the process. When I looked later that day the dispute had been opened up again and today it got paid, which is a big relief!
    My Excel Mortgage Calculator Spreadsheet: http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.html?t=1157173
  • flea72
    flea72 Posts: 5,392 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    Locoblade said:
    Great news, any tips on getting things moving or did it just happen? Also can I ask how much your claim was with them as it seems they pay out smaller claims more easily than larger ones?
    Just happened.  Have had no contact with them for a couple of months.  Received £693.  

However i have since had several emails saying i havent provided info they requested, so they are closing the case.  Im assuming as i tried chasing them via several different contact routes, theres been an overlap?

Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.1K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback