Bald tyres on a car

Options

Comments

• motorguy
    motorguy Posts: 22,477 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    ChumLee wrote: »
    You realise you had it about the red diesel now?

What do you mean?
  • ChumLee
    ChumLee Posts: 749 Forumite
    Options
    motorguy wrote: »
    What do you mean?

He's replied on a thread 8 months old about his bald tyres and the use of red diesel on another thread. Get someone to help you work it out.
  • motorguy
    motorguy Posts: 22,477 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    HGet someone to help you work it out.

Perhaps if you'd written it in better english i wouldnt have needed to ask.
    You realise you had it about the red diesel now?
  • owen_money
    owen_money Posts: 764 Forumite
    Options
    New tyres at last :) Just bought 4 part worn, only £10 each, do they all need to be the same size though? Bloke I got em off said they didn't have to be so long as they were about the same, as same size tyres 'was for posh people only, with more money that sense'
    One man's folly is another man's wife. Helen Roland (1876 - 1950)
  • Iceweasel
    Iceweasel Posts: 4,708 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic First Post Combo Breaker
    edited 3 April 2016 at 2:02PM
    Options
    "About the same." I like that. :rotfl:

They will just about pass an MOT then.

The tyres on the same axle must be the same size & aspect - see MOT Testers manual 2013 4:1

That means that a 185/70 15 for example is not acceptable if paired with a 185/55 15.

Posh people likely know this already.

Plus of course an insurance company is not going to be impressed if the tyres don't meet the spec recommended by the vehicle manufacturer.

There should be label on the vehicle (usually on the driver's door post) which gives the correct sizes and pressures.
  • arcon5
    arcon5 Posts: 14,099 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    owen_money wrote: »
    New tyres at last :) Just bought 4 part worn, only £10 each, do they all need to be the same size though? Bloke I got em off said they didn't have to be so long as they were about the same, as same size tyres 'was for posh people only, with more money that sense'

Lol !! If he can successfully sell you this line then I need him to come sell some of the !!!! heap cars I have up for sale
  • bigjl
    bigjl Posts: 6,457 Forumite
    Options
    Iceweasel wrote: »
    "About the same." I like that. :rotfl:

They will just about pass an MOT then.

The tyres on the same axle must be the same size & aspect - see MOT Testers manual 2013 4:1

That means that a 185/70 15 for example is not acceptable if paired with a 185/55 15.

Posh people likely know this already.

Plus of course an insurance company is not going to be impressed if the tyres don't meet the spec recommended by the vehicle manufacturer.

There should be label on the vehicle (usually on the driver's door post) which gives the correct sizes and pressures.

You haven't spotted that owen_money is a troll yet??
  • Joe_Horner
    Joe_Horner Posts: 4,895 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    owen_money wrote: »

They'll be fine as long as they're all black (or all whitewall). The one thing you must never do is mix those two - especially if you're living in the deep south.
  • owen_money
    owen_money Posts: 764 Forumite
    Options
    bigjl wrote: »
    You haven't spotted that owen_money is a troll yet??

How very dare you. It gets worse on here, cant someone ask a question about tyres without constant abuse? Sorry I'm not a professor of Tyre-ology and am not tyre savvy, but I think road safety is worth discussing.It could save a life

Shame on you
    One man's folly is another man's wife. Helen Roland (1876 - 1950)
  • cutandshut
    cutandshut Posts: 110 Forumite
    Options
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills