IMPORTANT: Please make sure your posts do not contain any personally identifiable information (both your own and that of others). When uploading images, please take care that you have redacted all personal information including QR codes, number plates and reference numbers.

claim form received from UKPC 4 year old parking fine!!!

Options
Abzg2k19
Abzg2k19 Posts: 108 Forumite
First Post First Anniversary
edited 20 September 2022 at 7:09PM in Parking tickets, fines & parking
Hi all, 

I am back after 2 years when the lovely people on this site helped me against CEL parking fine.
i have rough clue what to do but want to make sure i don't mess anything up so that is the reason i have made a post early 

i have now recieved CF in my name after my father parked his vehicle in a shopping park i cannot remember receiving any other letters other then the 1st and before the letter of claim dated 5th August and was going to reply but it totally slipped my mind. 

i am not the registered keeper nor i was the driver at the time but i think i sent them a email when i received the 1st letter and on that email it said my name so they presumed i  am the driver and i cannot remember what i sent them now. 

as the fine is 4 years old i have re-corrected my name as i had a wrong letter on my driving licence for example my name on passport was spelt with ad but on my driving licence it was spelled with a ed,
The CF has also came in my old spelt name ed 
so was wondering when filling out the MCOL should i use the new name spellings or the same spellings as the CF?
the CF was also dated on 12th September 2022 so if you can also tell me when do i submit the defence if i fill out the AOS by tommorow.

The reason UKPC are making the claim is because the vehicle was parked in a disabled persons space without clearly displaying the expiry date of the disabled persons badge.
I have sent them a SAR using their email address and online using their contact us form today as i still have not received anything back from them yet, was also wondering should i also post the SAR? 

Thanks 

Comments

• Umkomaas
    Umkomaas Posts: 41,357 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    Options
    the CCJ  was also dated on 12th September 2022 so if you can also tell me when do i submit the defence if i fill out the AOS by tommorow.
    If you've got a CCJ, you're far too late to submit a defence. Are you sure you have a CCJ?
    Please note, we are not a legal advice forum. I personally don't get involved in critiquing court case Defences/Witness Statements, so unable to help on that front. Please don't ask. .

I provide only my personal opinion, it is not a legal opinion, it is simply a personal one. I am not a lawyer.

Give a man a fish, and you feed him for a day; show him how to catch fish, and you feed him for a lifetime.

Private Parking Firms - Killing the High Street
  • Abzg2k19
    Options

Sorry not a CCJ i got the claim form from county court business centre my apologies i have said that wrong.

Thanks
  • KeithP
    KeithP Posts: 37,655 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Abzg2k19 said:

the CCJ  was also dated on 12th September 2022 so if you can also tell me when do i submit the defence if i fill out the AOS by tommorow.

Firstly, please edit you opening post to get rid of that term 'CCJ'.

With a Claim Issue Date of 12th September, you have until Monday 3rd October to file an Acknowledgment of Service but there is nothing to be gained by delaying it. 
    To file an Acknowledgment of Service, follow the guidance in the Dropbox file linked from the second post in the NEWBIES thread.

Having filed an Acknowledgment of Service in a timely manner, you have until 4pm on Monday 17th October 2022 to file your Defence.
    That's nearly four weeks away. Plenty of time to produce a Defence, but please don't leave it to the last minute.
    To create a Defence, and then file a Defence by email, look again at the second post on the NEWBIES thread - immediately following where you found the Acknowledgment of Service instructions.
    Don't miss the deadline for filing an Acknowledgment of Service, nor that for filing a Defence.

Do not try and file a Defence via the MoneyClaimOnline website. Once an Acknowledgment of Service has been filed, the MCOL website should be treated as 'read only'.
  • Abzg2k19
    Options
    I have now edited it thanks KeithP, That's great  just need a bit of advice on my name.

i think i should fill it in using the new letter change as 1 letter doesn't really make a difference i dont think?
  • Abzg2k19
    Options
    Thank you for your subject access request. Please note you have provided us with no information to identify you.

Please note that the address provided does not match the address we have on our records. Please therefore provide any previous addresses that the correspondence may have been sent to.

We are therefore also required to take steps to verify your identity before we can process your request.

Please can you confirm your identity as per the following for verification purposes (if you are the keeper of the vehicle, if you are not, we would need the information of the keeper of the vehicle as well as confirmation that you are authorised to receive the subject access request documents):

i)          your proof of address

ii)         your photo identification

iii)        your vehicle log book (V5C) to prove ownership of the vehicle.

iv)        your Parking Charge Notice reference number

Once we are satisfied with the information you have provided us, we will then process your subject access request.

Kindly take notice that as we have requested to verify your identity, we are obligated to inform you of the following:

1. The reasons as to why we have requested additional information from you (please refer to the above reasoning)

2. You have the right to make a complaint to the Information Commissioner’s Office; and

3. You have the ability to seek to enforce your right to erasure of the data through judicial remedy and processes.

Kind regards,

Data Protection Team

So i have recieved this email from UKPC and do not understand it at all when they have sent a claim form in my name and they are trying to say that the adress does not match the adress on the pcn, but yet they have sent the claim form on my name and to my adress.

Also they want the V5 of the car so should i send that? 

I was going to reply with the claim form pics and my ID picture to say you have made a claim agaist me so i want the SAR for the claim you have made agaist me. 

Any advice is much appreciated. Thanks

• KeithP
    Options
    Send them a copy of the County Court Claim Form.
  • Le_Kirk
    Le_Kirk Posts: 22,322 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Photogenic Name Dropper
    edited 29 September 2022 at 4:41PM
    Options
    Do NOT send photo ID, unless of course they have a photo of every person in the UK against which they can compare yours!  Even then, don't send it.
  • Abzg2k19
    Options
    So the claim form should be enough for ID
  • KeithP
    edited 29 September 2022 at 7:31PM
    Options
    Abzg2k19 said:
    So the claim form should be enough for ID
    If it has your name and address on it, then yes.
  • Abzg2k19
    Abzg2k19 Posts: 108 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    I have recieved the SAR and this is what i sent on appeal 

https://postimg.cc/xN2vD1rQ

I have actually admitted i was driving when i was not the driver or registered keeper, bear in mind this is 4 years old parking charge so i was not up to date on the process to follow, it was in 2020 when i found out all the information to say to a parking company.

https://postimg.cc/Xp3vFyc3

This is the sign at the time.

https://postimg.cc/phf98NrX

This is where the bluebadge slipped off the dashbourd but it is still in picture.

https://postimg.cc/t7mb5S6X
    This is the response i recieved but didn't as i accidentally added a another number to the appeal so the letter were going to a different number on my road for example i live at 5 but accidentally put 55 so letters were going there until they paid the money to dvla to get my actual address but did not send me another letter until letter of claim to my actual address.

I will be posting my draft defence in the next couple of days but was just woundering if i still have a case as they offered me to pay a reduce amount (£15) but because i put a wrong digit in the appeal i did not recieve that letter.

Thanks 

Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure