IMPORTANT: Please make sure your posts do not contain any personally identifiable information (both your own and that of others). When uploading images, please take care that you have redacted all personal information including QR codes, number plates and reference numbers.

I think I've messed up my defense is it too late.??

Options

Comments

• Coupon-mad
    Coupon-mad Posts: 132,720 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    Options
    You could take her birth cert with you in case they are stupid enough to accuse you of lying.
    PRIVATE 'PCN'? DON'T PAY BUT DON'T IGNORE IT (except N.Ireland).
    CLICK at the top of this/any page where it says:
    Forum Home»Motoring»Parking Tickets Fines & Parking - read the NEWBIES THREAD
  • Fruitcake
    Fruitcake Posts: 58,358 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Or take your daughter as a witness.  >:)
    I married my cousin. I had to...
    I don't have a sister. :D
    All my screwdrivers are cordless.
    "You're Safety Is My Primary Concern Dear" - Laks
  • Melabear
    Melabear Posts: 52 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    You could take her birth cert with you in case they are stupid enough to accuse you of lying.
    Haha will do!
  • Melabear
    Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Hellooooo lovely helpers! I am in court tomorrow afternoon for this! Do I need to take a copy of my witness statement or evidence or anything? Or just turn up?
  • KeithP
    KeithP Posts: 37,892 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Melabear said:
    Hellooooo lovely helpers! I am in court tomorrow afternoon for this! Do I need to take a copy of my witness statement or evidence or anything? Or just turn up?
    Of course you need to take everything you have.
    You will need to be able to participate, not just a passive attendee.

What if the Judge asks you "where in your Witness Statement does it say..."?
    What if the Claimant shows an image claiming it is from your evidence? How will you be able to challenge that assertion?

You need to know, understand and be able to point to particular paragraphs in your Defence, Witness Statement and evidence.
  • Melabear
    Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    KeithP said:
    Melabear said:
    Of course you need to take everything you have.
    You will need to be able to participate, not just a passive attendee.

What if the Judge asks you "where in your Witness Statement does it say..."?
    What if the Claimant shows an image claiming it is from your evidence? How will you be able to challenge that assertion?

You need to know, understand and be able to point to particular paragraphs in your Defence, Witness Statement and evidence.
    Yeah I don't have a clue what I'm doing 😅

I've never been to court before I don't know !!!!!! to expect. They're not attending so it's just me and the judge I assume
  • Coupon-mad
    Coupon-mad Posts: 132,720 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    Options
    They are attending.  Obviously they send a rep.  As discussed on hundreds of threads.

No poster has done it before, all newbies here are the same; just read other threads to see what to expect.
    PRIVATE 'PCN'? DON'T PAY BUT DON'T IGNORE IT (except N.Ireland).
    CLICK at the top of this/any page where it says:
    Forum Home»Motoring»Parking Tickets Fines & Parking - read the NEWBIES THREAD
  • Melabear
    Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    They are attending.  Obviously they send a rep.  As discussed on hundreds of threads.

No poster has done it before, all newbies here are the same; just read other threads to see what to expect.
    They aren't. I sent a screenshot of the email I got a few comments up they're not attending and asking it to be done without them there
  • Mouse007
    Mouse007 Posts: 1,062 Forumite
    First Post Photogenic Name Dropper First Anniversary
    Options
    Melabear said:

They aren't. I sent a screenshot of the email I got a few comments up they're not attending and asking it to be done without them there
    I am just 12 days ahead of you, our Claimant wasn't attending eiither - they sent a legal rep with instructions, be prepared, have your evidence pack and all communications and dates to hand.

BBC WatchDog “if you are struggling with an unfair parking charge do get in touch”

Please email your PCN story to watchdog@bbc.co.uk they want to hear about it.
    Please then tell us here that you have done so.

• Melabear
    Options
    Mouse007 said:
    Melabear said:

I am just 12 days ahead of you, our Claimant wasn't attending eiither - they sent a legal rep with instructions, be prepared, have your evidence pack and all communications and dates to hand.

I got a notice of non attendance? I thought that meant Gladstone's weren't going 😭😭 omg I'm so scared 😩
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback