IMPORTANT: Please make sure your posts do not contain any personally identifiable information (both your own and that of others). When uploading images, please take care that you have redacted all personal information including QR codes, number plates and reference numbers.

I think I've messed up my defense is it too late.??

Options

Comments

• Boat_to_Bolivia
    Options
    Melabear said:
    Mouse007 said:
    Melabear said:
    They are attending.  Obviously they send a rep.  As discussed on hundreds of threads.

No poster has done it before, all newbies here are the same; just read other threads to see what to expect.
    They aren't. I sent a screenshot of the email I got a few comments up they're not attending and asking it to be done without them there
    I am just 12 days ahead of you, our Claimant wasn't attending eiither - they sent a legal rep with instructions, be prepared, have your evidence pack and all communications and dates to hand.

I got a notice of non attendance? I thought that meant Gladstone's weren't going 😭😭 omg I'm so scared 😩
    Take some deep breaths, you can do it...everyone here is rooting for you. All the best.
  • bargepole
    bargepole Posts: 3,231 Forumite
    Name Dropper Combo Breaker First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    You must take printed copies of ALL the documents relevant to the case, preferably in an indexed file so that you can direct the Judge to the relevant page and paragraph number that you want to refer to.

Also take a pen and notepad, with your main defence arguments written down as a bullet point summary.

When the Judge starts giving Judgment, write it all down, and post your case report on here. And, if the claim is dismissed, don't forget to ask for your costs.

I have been providing assistance, including Lay Representation at Court hearings (current score: won 57, lost 14), to defendants in parking cases for over 5 years. I have an LLB (Hons) degree, and have a Graduate Diploma in Civil Litigation from CILEx. However, any advice given on these forums by me is NOT formal legal advice, and I accept no liability for its accuracy.
  • Melabear
    Options
    Do I need to print off their witness statement and evidence too?

I haven't asked for costs at the bottom of my witness statement and evidence as I just want it to be over and in all honesty don't know how to work them out!
  • bargepole
    bargepole Posts: 3,231 Forumite
    Name Dropper Combo Breaker First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Melabear said:
    Do I need to print off their witness statement and evidence too?

I haven't asked for costs at the bottom of my witness statement and evidence as I just want it to be over and in all honesty don't know how to work them out!
    Yes you do - the clue is in the word 'ALL'.

Your witness expenses are for loss of earnings/leave for attending Court - capped at £95, plus 45p per return mile from your home address to Court, plus the cost of parking near the Court. If you don't ask, you don't get.

I have been providing assistance, including Lay Representation at Court hearings (current score: won 57, lost 14), to defendants in parking cases for over 5 years. I have an LLB (Hons) degree, and have a Graduate Diploma in Civil Litigation from CILEx. However, any advice given on these forums by me is NOT formal legal advice, and I accept no liability for its accuracy.
  • Melabear
    Options
    I'm not in work so I haven't had any loss of earnings
  • KeithP
    KeithP Posts: 37,892 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    edited 7 February 2023 at 2:15PM
    Options
    Melabear said:
    Mouse007 said:
    Melabear said:
    They are attending.  Obviously they send a rep.  As discussed on hundreds of threads.

No poster has done it before, all newbies here are the same; just read other threads to see what to expect.
    They aren't. I sent a screenshot of the email I got a few comments up they're not attending and asking it to be done without them there
    I am just 12 days ahead of you, our Claimant wasn't attending eiither - they sent a legal rep with instructions, be prepared, have your evidence pack and all communications and dates to hand.

...omg I'm so scared 😩

Have you seen this video?...

www.youtube.com/watch?v=n93eoaxhzpU

Just three or four people sitting round a table having a discussion.
  • Melabear
    Melabear Posts: 52 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Waiting to go in. They're not coming so it's just me and the judge 
  • Mouse007
    Mouse007 Posts: 1,062 Forumite
    First Post Photogenic Name Dropper First Anniversary
    Options
    Melabear said:
    Waiting to go in. They're not coming so it's just me and the judge 
    Good Luck

BBC WatchDog “if you are struggling with an unfair parking charge do get in touch”

Please email your PCN story to watchdog@bbc.co.uk they want to hear about it.
    Please then tell us here that you have done so.

• Coupon-mad
    Coupon-mad Posts: 132,717 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    Options
    Melabear said:
    CASE DISMISSED!

Thank you all so much for your help ☺️ buzzing!
    Ooh, well done you! Tell us more!
    PRIVATE 'PCN'? DON'T PAY BUT DON'T IGNORE IT (except N.Ireland).
    CLICK at the top of this/any page where it says:
    Forum Home»Motoring»Parking Tickets Fines & Parking - read the NEWBIES THREAD
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback