IMPORTANT: Please make sure your posts do not contain any personally identifiable information (both your own and that of others). When uploading images, please take care that you have redacted all personal information including QR codes, number plates and reference numbers.

I think I've messed up my defense is it too late.??

Options

Comments

• Melabear
    Melabear Posts: 52 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    i have changed this to the paragraph re consideration periods

Furthermore the IPC states "Motorists must be allowed a sufficient Consideration Period so they may make an informed decision as to whether or not to enter or remain on the Private Land." Since I wasn't there for five minutes from start to finish they breached this Code of Practice as no consideration period was given.

• Fruitcake
    Fruitcake Posts: 58,358 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    I suggest you state that you were not given sufficient time to read the signs and therefore no grace period was allowed before a parking charge was issued, which breaches the IPC Code of Practice version A, dated N, Section/paragraph X.X, which state "Motorists ..."

I suggest you aim to submit everything to the court and the claimant's solicitors by 15.30 today just in case of network/internet issues.

I married my cousin. I had to...
    I don't have a sister. :D
    All my screwdrivers are cordless.
    "You're Safety Is My Primary Concern Dear" - Laks
  • Melabear
    Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Allllllllll done! Sent at 3.28pm so two minutes to spare! Thank you all for your help I shall keep you updated 🙏
  • Not_A_Hope
    Not_A_Hope Posts: 756 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper
    Options
    Well done. Fingers crossed 
  • Le_Kirk
    Le_Kirk Posts: 22,394 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Photogenic Name Dropper
    edited 4 January 2023 at 6:07PM
    Options
    Make sure you check (and keep checking) your MCOL status page to see that your defence has been received and has not been rejected, as an unlucky poster found out today some months after they sent it to CCBC! LINK >>>> Today at 3:28PM
  • Not_A_Hope
    Not_A_Hope Posts: 756 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper
    Options
    Just to clarify Melabear needed to submit her WS to the local court (and the claimants solicitors). I don’t think MCOL would be updated at this stage 
  • Coupon-mad
    Coupon-mad Posts: 132,718 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    edited 5 January 2023 at 12:24AM
    Options
    Melabear said:
    Allllllllll done! Sent at 3.28pm so two minutes to spare! Thank you all for your help I shall keep you updated 🙏
    As long as you emailed your local court hearings email (NOT THE CCBC at Northampton) AND copied in the Solicitors for the Claimant?

AND you appended the whole Jopson judgment (linked in the reply below) and pointed out in your WS when referring to it as an exhibit, that it was heard on appeal and is persuasive?
    https://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/discussion/comment/79747756/#Comment_79747756
    PRIVATE 'PCN'? DON'T PAY BUT DON'T IGNORE IT (except N.Ireland).
    CLICK at the top of this/any page where it says:
    Forum Home»Motoring»Parking Tickets Fines & Parking - read the NEWBIES THREAD
  • Le_Kirk
    Le_Kirk Posts: 22,394 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Photogenic Name Dropper
    Options
    Just to clarify Melabear needed to submit her WS to the local court (and the claimants solicitors). I don’t think MCOL would be updated at this stage 
    Sorry, thought this was a defence!  So many today, got my threads crossed!
  • Melabear
    Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Hello yes! I did all of those things! They've just emailed me with their witness statement and exhibits at 21.31pm and the dead line was 4pm today (got the date wrong previously so all the panic was for nothing) anyway.... Since it's late can I argue that it shouldn't be accepted??

I emailed the court the ccbc and the solicitors just incase, couldn't log in to mcol from the start

They've basically said I can't prove I was pregnant and experiencing pain because I didn't submit any evidence of it? Shall I bring my daughter's birth certificate lol? 

Also got this email shortly after... Any advice on this?
  • Umkomaas
    Umkomaas Posts: 41,509 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    Options
    I doubt the court will be overly exercised by a few hours over the deadline. 
    Please note, we are not a legal advice forum. I personally don't get involved in critiquing court case Defences/Witness Statements, so unable to help on that front. Please don't ask. .

I provide only my personal opinion, it is not a legal opinion, it is simply a personal one. I am not a lawyer.

Give a man a fish, and you feed him for a day; show him how to catch fish, and you feed him for a lifetime.

Private Parking Firms - Killing the High Street
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure