We’d like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum.

This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are – or become – political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.

📨 Have you signed up to the Forum's new Email Digest yet? Get a selection of trending threads sent straight to your inbox daily, weekly or monthly!

The Mental Debt Struggle...

1…310311312313314316»

Comments

  • Makingabobor2
    Makingabobor2 Posts: 4,994 Forumite
    1,000 Posts Fourth Anniversary Photogenic Name Dropper

    That is cheap for glasses. I paid over £1200 for a pair if varifocals & a pair of prescription sunglasses. Never been able to get them that cheap at a good optician.

    Making the debt go down and savings go up

    LBM 2015 - debt £57K / Now £25,664....its going down

     Mortgage Free December 9th 2024! 
    18mths ahead of schedule.  

    Challenges

    EF  £290/3000


    Studies/surveys October £ 11.47

    Decluttering items 1400/
    2025.  441/2026
    Books read   2025/23   2026- 21 (target is 52)  
    Jigsaws done  20 in 2025.  5 in 2026

    My debt free diary...https://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/discussion/6396218/we-will-get-this-debt-d£own-the-savings-up


  • Keedie
    Keedie Posts: 3,288 Forumite
    Tenth Anniversary 1,000 Posts Photogenic Combo Breaker
    image.png

    That is a crazy amount of money @Makingabobor2. I must admit, I did get an NHS discount and the guy did some other magic on the order and I saved £110. But even at £340, that was an eye watering amount, and I need to have proper money set aside next year, as I forgot how expensive glasses are.

    Debt Free Diary:- The Mental Debt Struggle
    (Original Debt on 15/07/2016 was £33,056.76) 🙈 and, I was Debt Free on 09/02/2025 🎉 but life 🫣, so now I have a Debt Reset 🥴
    DEBT DEBT = £6,646.22 😬
    Bank of Mum:- Moped Insurance = £300/£1,800 (16.67% repaid) || Bookkeeping Course £750/£3,000 (25% repaid)
    The Tax Man:- Council Tax = £221.72/£221.72 (100% repaid 🎉) || Self Assessment = £1,624.50/£1,624.50 (100% repaid 🎉)
    Debt Debt Tracker = £2,896.22/£6,646.22 (43.57% repaid)
  • beanielou
    beanielou Posts: 101,312 Ambassador
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Academoney Grad Mortgage-free Glee!

    Good news on the money received & the new glasses.

    I am a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Mortgage Free Wannabe & Local Money Saving Scotland & Disability Money Matters. If you need any help on those boards, do let me know.Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any post you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button , or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own & not the official line of Money Saving Expert.

    Lou~ Debt free Wanabe No 55 DF 03/14.**Credit card debt free 30/06/10~** MFW. Finally mortgage free O2/ 2021****
    "A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.

    ***Fall down seven times,stand up eight*** in ~~Japanese proverb.
    ***Keep plodding*** Out of debt, out of danger.
    One debt remaining. Home improvement loan.[/b] [11 months left.[/b]
  • Keedie
    Keedie Posts: 3,288 Forumite
    Tenth Anniversary 1,000 Posts Photogenic Combo Breaker

    Thanks @beanielou x

    Debt Free Diary:- The Mental Debt Struggle
    (Original Debt on 15/07/2016 was £33,056.76) 🙈 and, I was Debt Free on 09/02/2025 🎉 but life 🫣, so now I have a Debt Reset 🥴
    DEBT DEBT = £6,646.22 😬
    Bank of Mum:- Moped Insurance = £300/£1,800 (16.67% repaid) || Bookkeeping Course £750/£3,000 (25% repaid)
    The Tax Man:- Council Tax = £221.72/£221.72 (100% repaid 🎉) || Self Assessment = £1,624.50/£1,624.50 (100% repaid 🎉)
    Debt Debt Tracker = £2,896.22/£6,646.22 (43.57% repaid)
★ ★ ★ Meet your Ambassadors

🚀 Getting Started

Hi new member!

Our Getting Started Guide will help you get the most out of the Forum

Categories

  • All Categories
  • 355.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 254.8K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 456.1K Spending & Discounts
  • 248.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 605.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 179K Life & Family
  • 263.5K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 16.1K Discuss & Feedback
  • 37.7K Read-Only Boards

Is this how you want to be seen?

We see you are using a default avatar. It takes only a few seconds to pick a picture.