We’d like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum.

This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are – or become – political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.

📨 Have you signed up to the Forum's new Email Digest yet? Get a selection of trending threads sent straight to your inbox daily, weekly or monthly!

The Mental Debt Struggle...

1…309310311312313315»

Comments

  • Cherryfudge
    Cherryfudge Posts: 15,686 Forumite
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Name Dropper

    Your son is a wise head! Combined with your knowledge and abilities (even when feeling fuzzy), you two are a force for change.

    Did you complain about the kitten food pouches that went off? You might be due a refund or they might give you some sort of recompense to make up for the loss. Don't feel you have to, of course, as it could just be another hassle you could do without.

    I wonder if pet food pouches would freeze?

    I never buy a Christmas dinner, but I do like cooking so that's all right by me. It's not for everyone. If you are looking at having a starter and a dessert, could you look out for deals on favourites from now on and freeze them? The same for sides. If you have freezer space, you could buy an item a week on things like potatoes, vegetables and sauces. I usually go to the freezers in 1celand for things like sprouts as I'm the only one who eats them and a bag can last me all year. I think you'd find you save money on the packaged dinner, and have leftovers to add to other meals.

    I think a bit of sunshine is good for frugal living. (Cranky40)
    The sun's been out and I think I’m solar powered (Onebrokelady)

    Fashion on the Ration 2025: Fabric 2, men's socks 3, Duvet 7.5, 2 t-shirts 10, men's socks 3, uniform top 0, hat 0, shoes 5 = 30.5/68
    2024: Trainers 5, dress 7, slippers 5, 2 prs socks (gift) 2, 3 prs white socks 3, t-shirts x 2 10, 6 prs socks: mostly gifts 6, duvet set 7.5 = 45.5/68 coupons
    20.5 coupons used in 2020. 62.5 used in 2021. 94.5 remaining as of 21/3/22
★ ★ ★ Meet your Ambassadors

🚀 Getting Started

Hi new member!

Our Getting Started Guide will help you get the most out of the Forum

Categories

  • All Categories
  • 355.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 254.8K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 456.1K Spending & Discounts
  • 248.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 605.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 179K Life & Family
  • 263.5K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 16.1K Discuss & Feedback
  • 37.7K Read-Only Boards

Is this how you want to be seen?

We see you are using a default avatar. It takes only a few seconds to pick a picture.