Now broadband

Any one use now broadband please . Need to leave sky find they offering cheaper prices , wondered how good / bad they are .thanks 
I like doing it daily :A

Comments

• Micron
    Micron Posts: 78 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    edited 30 April 2022 at 11:34PM
    I switched over to NOW two weeks ago, the transition was virtually seamless, the internet connection was off only for how long it took to change over and turn on the new router, literally less than five minutes.
    Their sign up process was vey easy and straight forward, too early to say how good their service might be in the long term but so far no problems what so ever.
    I was under the impression thay Sky owned NOW so you won't really be leaving Sky, just using their budget version, much like BT and Plusnet.
  • Farway
    Farway Posts: 13,186 Forumite
    Homepage Hero First Post Name Dropper Photogenic
    I've been with Now for a couple of years, changeover was much as above, painless and so far not had any problems except when road repairs cut up the phone cable in the road but even then Now were very prompt in getting Open Reach to repair it that day
    Eight out of ten owners who expressed a preference said their cats preferred other peoples gardens
  • shiraz99
    shiraz99 Posts: 1,715 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper
    bevmk127 said:
    Any one use now broadband please . Need to leave sky find they offering cheaper prices , wondered how good / bad they are .thanks 
    I switched last year, both my sister and dad switched a few months back, on my advice. All were seamless and all working well. I assume you understand that Now BB is operated by Sky?

Make sure when you switch to to tick the box to allow your phone number to port over and don't listen to those (incl Sky themselves) that tell you that you can't take you're phone number with you if moving between Sky and Now.
  • Richard_T_
    Richard_T_ Posts: 349 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    When i switched to now, all be it from plusnet as far as i remember there were two points where you need to put in your number, the first being on the availability checker, and then again during the sign up process, where there is a box to tick saying i want to keep my number, and another one where you need to enter your number - If you miss one of those then you may lose your number
  • PZ19
    PZ19 Posts: 471 Forumite
    Isn’t the Now router exactly the same as tHe Sky router except it says Now on? 😀 friend switched away from Sky couple of months ago, no problems whatsoever, saves tenner a month by switching 
  • shiraz99
    PZ19 said:
    Isn’t the Now router exactly the same as tHe Sky router except it says Now on? 😀 friend switched away from Sky couple of months ago, no problems whatsoever, saves tenner a month by switching 
    Depends shy Sky router you're referring to. The Now router is the same as the Sky Q hub but the later Sky Broadband Hub (SR203) is a different beast altogether and much better. Worth picking an SR203 up from ebay.
  • armith
    armith Posts: 97 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    When I switched from Sky to Now I just left the Sky router running. It's still sat there today, almost 3 years later!
  • macman
    macman Posts: 53,088 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Same service, same network, same call centres, just a billing change. The only oddity is that you can't pay by DD, it's done by a recurring debit authority on a debit card, unless that has changed in the last 12 months or so.
    No free lunch, and no free laptop ;)
  • The family switched to NOW in late 2019 following large increase by Sky, as folks only desire regular, non-fiber and unlimited call NOW was significantly cheaper than Sky - currently folks are on a yearly contract paying £19.99 a month, both are OAPs and don't use much modern technology or subscribe to any Internet services. Cannot opine about their fiber offering but those who just require a phone and limited internet access this is a good deal after Sky stopped offering a cheap service, probably due to the fact Sky own NOW. Having been with Sky, Plusnet and TalkTalk no complaints in our neck of the woods, which is South Wales.
  • shiraz99
    The reason I switched to Now BB was because Sky themselves wouldn't get an issue on my line corrected that caused my line speed to be capped. They came flat out and said that they wouldn't pay for Openreach to look at my connection as I was on their FTTC package and if I wanted support I'd need to move to their FTTP offering instead, which actually meant a higher cost for less speed. In the end I had to make a formal complaint to force them to send someone out, which fixed the problem and removed the cap, I then moved to Now BB as Sky wouldn't guarantee my speed of 80/20 that I was now getting as it was a legacy product.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.1K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback