We don’t have the booster for Spain

Comments

• brianposter
    brianposter Posts: 1,273
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper
    Forumite
    How much has the price of your seats gone up since you booked ? If there is a big difference maybe they will do a deal which allows you to cancel.
  • rigolith
    rigolith Posts: 2,573
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper
    Forumite
    Sorry if this has been asked 
     We booked a trip to Lanzarote before the recent rules became you also must have a booster if over 270 (?) Days . We both have said from the start we will not be having the booster and myself in particular was poorly with both the first two main doses. We fly in June, do you think Jet 2 will honour this and return our funds ? Jet 2 said they will wait to see what the rules are in June. I would have not booked if I knew you needed the booster. I am prepared to take a PCR at anytime but not a injection..
    I feel like I’m in limbo as the only other place Jet 2 go to with a PCR is Greece and I really don’t want to go there. 
    AIUI, if you do not have a compliant NHS COVID Pass, you can still go via the SpTH route.

I also suspect that the "270-day" rule will be lifted at some point as people will simply be expired and unable to travel.  There is no means to obtain a private COVID jab, unlike, say countries that require a yellow-fever vaccine - not routine in the UK but can be obtained on request from travel clinics.
    I really hope you are right. At the moment the UK government doesn't have plans to offer me another booster, and the one I had will expire in August. So it's not just those who are refusing boosters, as you say.
  • soolin
    soolin Posts: 71,890
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Ambassador
    rigolith said:
    Sorry if this has been asked 
     We booked a trip to Lanzarote before the recent rules became you also must have a booster if over 270 (?) Days . We both have said from the start we will not be having the booster and myself in particular was poorly with both the first two main doses. We fly in June, do you think Jet 2 will honour this and return our funds ? Jet 2 said they will wait to see what the rules are in June. I would have not booked if I knew you needed the booster. I am prepared to take a PCR at anytime but not a injection..
    I feel like I’m in limbo as the only other place Jet 2 go to with a PCR is Greece and I really don’t want to go there. 
    AIUI, if you do not have a compliant NHS COVID Pass, you can still go via the SpTH route.

I also suspect that the "270-day" rule will be lifted at some point as people will simply be expired and unable to travel.  There is no means to obtain a private COVID jab, unlike, say countries that require a yellow-fever vaccine - not routine in the UK but can be obtained on request from travel clinics.
    I really hope you are right. At the moment the UK government doesn't have plans to offer me another booster, and the one I had will expire in August. So it's not just those who are refusing boosters, as you say.
    Please read all the other threads. At the moment for the purposes of travel the booster doesn’t expire, so if you had the booster the 270 days doesn’t apply. 

I’m a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on the eBay, Auctions, Car Boot & Jumble Sales, Boost Your Income, Praise, Vents & Warnings, Overseas Holidays & Travel Planning , UK Holidays, Days Out & Entertainments boards. If you need any help on these boards, do let me know.. Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any posts you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button, or by emailing [email protected] views are my own and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.
  • Just a thought - could the OP claim an unfit to fly medical certificate as a result of her illnesses with Covid and adverse reaction to the 2 jabs administered ?
    That would mean a doctor's line to that effect of course.
  • soolin
    Ambassador
    Just a thought - could the OP claim an unfit to fly medical certificate as a result of her illnesses with Covid and adverse reaction to the 2 jabs administered ?
    I thought those were for a one off illness , so a letter could be issued to say that person X can't fly on xx date due to xx illness,  I don't think that's the same at all as not wanting to have a booster jab? The only time I think I've ever seen one was for a pregnant relative of mine who developed severe complications .

Even with a letter airlines are not obliged to refund and it remains an insurance job. 
    I’m a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on the eBay, Auctions, Car Boot & Jumble Sales, Boost Your Income, Praise, Vents & Warnings, Overseas Holidays & Travel Planning , UK Holidays, Days Out & Entertainments boards. If you need any help on these boards, do let me know.. Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any posts you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button, or by emailing [email protected] views are my own and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.
  • eskbanker
    eskbanker Posts: 29,932
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Forumite
    Just a thought - could the OP claim an unfit to fly medical certificate as a result of her illnesses with Covid and adverse reaction to the 2 jabs administered ?
    But (in the absence of any information to the contrary) OP isn't currently unfit to fly, from a medical perspective, even if that may not have been the case last year or might hypothetically be the case if having a booster jab in future....
  • silvercar
    silvercar Posts: 46,767
    Academoney Grad Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary
    Ambassador
    Typing this from Spain!

we weren’t asked for any certificates at Gatwick. At the spanish airport, after passport control there were a couple of staff with iPads asking people for their certificates. I asked if she wanted to see the printed version or on my phone and she waved me through without asking for either!
    I'm a Forum Ambassador on The Coronavirus Boards as well as the housing, mortgages and student money saving boards. I volunteer to help get your forum questions answered and keep the forum running smoothly. Forum Ambassadors are not moderators and don't read every post. If you spot an illegal or inappropriate post then please report it to [email protected] (it's not part of my role to deal with this). Any views are mine and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.com.
  • It was just a passing thought reference the medical certificate.
    Relatives who recently flew to the Canaries said that checks of their SpTH status amounted to a verbal "have you been vaccinated ?" - both in the UK and Tenerife.
    I wouldn't rely on that lax level of scrutiny being standard though.
  • soolin
    Ambassador
    Things are really moving on then as it was less than a month since I last travelled and they asked for my cert at checking in at Gatwick and also at boarding gate. I think it was no more than a cursory glance though , so perhaps any bit of paper with a QR code would have done. 
  • Grumpy_chap
    Grumpy_chap Posts: 14,436
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    When we flew, 10th Apr, BA would not allow you to complete check in without a valid NHS COVID Pass.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 341.8K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.7K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.2K Spending & Discounts
  • 233.9K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 606.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.5K Life & Family
  • 246.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.8K Discuss & Feedback