We don’t have the booster for Spain

Comments

• pramsay13 said:
    We travelled to Lanzarote recently with one son who wasn't fully vaccinated. 
    We managed to get a travel PCR test which came in just in time although we weren't asked for it at any point, we simply had to self-certify to get the QR codes for entry.
    Relatives recently flew to the Canaries, the checks on departure and arrival were a basic verbal - "are you fully vaccinated ?"
    They answered "correctly" and went through.
    I wouldn't rely on that being universal across Spain of course.

• Ganga
    Ganga Posts: 4,048
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Forumite
    pramsay13 said:
    We managed to get a travel PCR test which came in just in time although we weren't asked for it at any point, we simply had to self-certify to get the QR codes for entry.
    Relatives recently flew to the Canaries, the checks on departure and arrival were a basic verbal - "are you fully vaccinated ?"

We had to produce and have scanned our vacc certs in Gran Canaria this March BUT as the rules are changing all the time who knows.
    ITS NOT EASY TO GET EVERYTHING WRONG ,I HAVE TO WORK HARD TO DO IT!
  • Ganga said:
    pramsay13 said:

We had to produce and have scanned our vacc certs in Gran Canaria this March BUT as the rules are changing all the time who knows.
    I suspect that the acceptance of the DCC paperwork for Brits may have changed things ?

• "AIUI, if you do not have a compliant NHS COVID Pass, you can still go via the SpTH route."

Does the latter still not require proof of the traveller having had a second jab within the 270 day rule, or a subsequent booster ?
    I don't think the original SpTH option differs from the DCC choice in that respect.
  • Rubyred27x
    Rubyred27x Posts: 10
    First Anniversary First Post
    Forumite
    eskbanker said:
    It just seems unfair to say have a injection or lose your money. I am going to recall Jet 2 later this week for their side again. In truth I have always found their customer service great so who knows. 
    Their Ts & Cs are pretty clear, so your only option would seem to be to ask nicely on the basis that the rules changed after booking (think it was in January) - I imagine that a change to another destination would be a more realistic outcome than a refund but on the face of it they don't owe you anything:
    You are responsible for checking and complying with all requirements necessary for exiting the country you are departing from and entering the country you are travelling to, including but not limited to all relevant government health policies and travel requirements. You are responsible for making sure you have all relevant visas, entry and exit, health and/or other documents that may be required and, if requested by us, you must present all such documents to us and permit us to make copies thereof. We are not liable if you do not possess the travel and/or other documents needed for your journey or have not obeyed all relevant requirements concerning entry into and/or departure from a country, and we assume no responsibility to you if we check your travel documents.
    Thank you for your reply. When I booked I had all above. No one knew back then that you would need a booster as well, or simply I would have not booked. They do not even give you a PCR option. At a push I will move it to Greece. How many people have they lost through this rule ? It will probably be too expensive when we get there anyway as they have to make the funds up somewhere. 

• eskbanker
    eskbanker Posts: 29,932
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Forumite
    Thank you for your reply. When I booked I had all above. No one knew back then that you would need a booster as well, or simply I would have not booked.
    It's been a recurring theme throughout the pandemic that rules have changed a lot, so it isn't as simple as complying at the time of booking, and, while it's not your fault that the rules were suitable for you then but not now, it's obviously not Jet2's fault either!

Rubyred27x said:
    They do not even give you a PCR option. At a push I will move it to Greece. How many people have they lost through this rule ? It will probably be too expensive when we get there anyway as they have to make the funds up somewhere. 
    Not sure who all those 'they's are but it's obviously the Spanish Government setting admission policies, which will be based on their perception of the scientific value rather than something to irritate tourists!  In terms of how many people, I don't have visibility of the relevant stats but imagine that it'll be a tiny minority who have the initial vaccinations without getting the booster, while still wishing to travel abroad, but as you say some countries will be more accessible than others if permitting testing as an alternative to vaccination.
  • Rubyred27x
    Rubyred27x Posts: 10
    First Anniversary First Post
    Forumite
    eskbanker said:
    Thank you for your reply. When I booked I had all above. No one knew back then that you would need a booster as well, or simply I would have not booked.
    It's been a recurring theme throughout the pandemic that rules have changed a lot, so it isn't as simple as complying at the time of booking, and, while it's not your fault that the rules were suitable for you then but not now, it's obviously not Jet2's fault either!

Rubyred27x said:
    They do not even give you a PCR option. At a push I will move it to Greece. How many people have they lost through this rule ? It will probably be too expensive when we get there anyway as they have to make the funds up somewhere. 
    Not sure who all those 'they's are but it's obviously the Spanish Government setting admission policies, which will be based on their perception of the scientific value rather than something to irritate tourists!  In terms of how many people, I don't have visibility of the relevant stats but imagine that it'll be a tiny minority who have the initial vaccinations without getting the booster, while still wishing to travel abroad, but as you say some countries will be more accessible than others if permitting testing as an alternative to vaccination.
    True as not everyone has been so poorly with the first injections. I had my first two very early with been on the front line so my 270 days have long gone. It is what it is I guess. Jet 2 will have the answers. I just don’t have time to wait over a hour on the phone as yet between shifts. 🙂
  • jon81uk
    jon81uk Posts: 3,750
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    When did you book, I assume it was before 1st February then as that is when the 270 day rule came in? It is not a recent change as it happened almot 3 months ago.
    Have you checked to see if your travel insurance covers a change in entry requirements after booking? If so you should look at claiming on your travel insurance.
    This has nothing to do with Jet2 or money, the Spanish goverment set the rules for entry to their country.
  • ZaSa1418
    ZaSa1418 Posts: 651
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper
    Forumite
    edited 27 April 2022 at 9:32AM
    I think Spain are reviewing their policies on 30th April so see what happens then. Sorry you had a bad reaction to your vaccines, i hope you are recovered now 
    LBM Debt Total : £48,326.50

Pay All Your Debt Off By Xmas 2023 - #50  £1,495.29 / £12,000.00
    Saving For Christmas 2023 - £1 a day challenge - #6 £100/£1095.00
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 341.8K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.7K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.2K Spending & Discounts
  • 233.9K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 606.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.5K Life & Family