We don’t have the booster for Spain

Comments

• Rubyred27x
    Rubyred27x Posts: 10
    First Anniversary First Post
    Forumite
    silvercar said:
    You may want to think about having another brand of booster to your main doses. Plenty people have had Pfizer after AZ main doses with no side effects. Also, remember that the purpose of the vaccine is to prevent serious illness or death from covid, so it has a purpose other than facilitating your holiday.

After two vaccines illnesses and then still been in hospital with covid the booster is my last wish. I would lose money for the holiday. I would leave my long time job in the NHS if it was compulsory too. The main question was because I booked pre Spains new rules does Jet 2 honour this. Not if I knew which I can assure you I have seen first hand why the booster came out. So your remark “other than facilitating a holiday” was not kind and not needed. This is my first post on here but even I know the difference between different views and judgmental remarks. 
  • silvercar
    silvercar Posts: 46,727
    Academoney Grad Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary
    Ambassador
    silvercar said:
    You may want to think about having another brand of booster to your main doses. Plenty people have had Pfizer after AZ main doses with no side effects. Also, remember that the purpose of the vaccine is to prevent serious illness or death from covid, so it has a purpose other than facilitating your holiday.

After two vaccines illnesses and then still been in hospital with covid the booster is my last wish. I would lose money for the holiday. I would leave my long time job in the NHS if it was compulsory too. The main question was because I booked pre Spains new rules does Jet 2 honour this. Not if I knew which I can assure you I have seen first hand why the booster came out. So your remark “other than facilitating a holiday” was not kind and not needed. This is my first post on here but even I know the difference between different views and judgmental remarks. 
    Apologies, I failed to notice you were a new poster. Welcome, I hope you stick around.

We’ll have to agree to differ on the benefits of the vaccine. I’ve been working in a vaccine clinic and we genuinely feel we are reducing the burden on the NHS.
    I'm a Forum Ambassador on The Coronavirus Boards as well as the housing, mortgages and student money saving boards. I volunteer to help get your forum questions answered and keep the forum running smoothly. Forum Ambassadors are not moderators and don't read every post. If you spot an illegal or inappropriate post then please report it to [email protected] (it's not part of my role to deal with this). Any views are mine and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.com.
  • mattyprice4004
    mattyprice4004 Posts: 7,492
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Forumite
    It's pretty clear that overall the vaccines are a good thing - but if I had a bad reaction to both 'first' doses I'd have avoided a booster too. 
    Luckily I was OK, both with the jabs and when I actually had COVID too. 

Good luck with your holiday OP, I'm sure by June things will be almost normal. Lanzarote is a fantastic place and I can't wait to go back. :)
  • jon81uk
    jon81uk Posts: 3,749
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    silvercar said:

The main question was because I booked pre Spains new rules does Jet 2 honour this. 
    It’s not on Jet2 to honour anything. The Spanish government make the rules on entry for their country, not the airline. 
    If you booked before 1st February and therefore no longer meet the new entry rules you need to consult your travel insurance to see if they will cover it.
    That is assuming your flight/package is non-refundable.

But it is the Spanish government making the rules, not the airline. Jet2 will honour the holiday if you meet the rules in place for entry to the destination. That was the same before covid too where visas or certain vaccines are required for travel to some countries.
  • Rubyred27x
    Rubyred27x Posts: 10
    First Anniversary First Post
    Forumite
    jon81uk said:
    silvercar said:

The main question was because I booked pre Spains new rules does Jet 2 honour this. 
    It’s not on Jet2 to honour anything. The Spanish government make the rules on entry for their country, not the airline. 
    If you booked before 1st February and therefore no longer meet the new entry rules you need to consult your travel insurance to see if they will cover it.

But it is the Spanish government making the rules, not the airline. Jet2 will honour the holiday if you meet the rules in place for entry to the destination. That was the same before covid too where visas or certain vaccines are required for travel to some countries.
    Thank you for your time to reply.
    If say the Spanish Government was to close Spain tomorrow as it is their rules, would Jet 2 not pay out to its customers, I do believe they may. I do not work in this trade so still I am unsure. This forum has many and maybe someone was in the same boat as me and their Holidays have now past. Then they would have been able to tell me their scenario. Or maybe one that worked or works with Jet 2 ? 
    I have not at anytime judged who should or should not have vaccinations. Or stated that Jet 2 must honour the new rules and demand my monies back. 
    I am a frequent traveler, having just flown back from Barbados in December with not even half the fuss. Yet it seems going over to Spain and their every changing rules is a nightmare. 
    Most reply’s have been welcoming and let me see the many points of view. Many seem that when they assume things they are correct. 

• soolin
    soolin Posts: 71,851
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Ambassador
    jon81uk said:
    silvercar said:

If say the Spanish Government was to close Spain tomorrow as it is their rules, would Jet 2 not pay out to its customers, I do believe they may. I do not work in this trade so still I am unsure. This forum has many and maybe someone was in the same boat as me and their Holidays have now past. Then they would have been able to tell me their scenario. Or maybe one that worked or works with Jet 2 ? 
    I have not at anytime judged who should or should not have vaccinations. Or stated that Jet 2 must honour the new rules and demand my monies back. 
    I am a frequent traveler, having just flown back from Barbados in December with not even half the fuss. Yet it seems going over to Spain and their every changing rules is a nightmare. 
    Most reply’s have been welcoming and let me see the many points of view. Many seem that when they assume things they are correct. 

If the flight did not go ahead due to any no landing policy put in place by the Spanish Government then Jet 2 would refund (probably) . However if Spain only banned non Spanish citizens and the flight still ran then no they wouldn’t have to refund anyone.

This is the exact scenario that many travellers to the US were faced with when the US allowed their own Nationals to travel, plus non nationals with special reasons, so flights still ran. It then becomes an insurance issue, but unfortunately many found they were not covered there either.

So no, as you are being told you cannot demand your money back , all you can do is hope that Spain relax their rules, and things change all the time.

Read some other threads on this forum, you are not alone , many people have lost a great deal of money these past 2 years, many on last minute rule changes. 
    I’m a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on the eBay, Auctions, Car Boot & Jumble Sales, Boost Your Income, Praise, Vents & Warnings, Overseas Holidays & Travel Planning , UK Holidays, Days Out & Entertainments boards. If you need any help on these boards, do let me know.. Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any posts you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button, or by emailing [email protected] views are my own and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.
  • jon81uk
    jon81uk Posts: 3,749
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    jon81uk said:
    silvercar said:

If the flight takes off then Jet2 have provided the service. If you are unable to board due to the destinations entry requirements then you need to look at claiming on travel insurance. 
    If the flight is cancelled by Jet2 then they will refund.
  • Spaceace
    Spaceace Posts: 29
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper
    Forumite
    jon81uk said:
    silvercar said:

In the circumstances you describe Jet 2 would almost certainly refund customers as they would be unable to fulfil their obligations under the contract to provide the holiday.

However, that is a very different situation from yours: Spain have introduced a 'health protection measure' that you are capable of complying with but, for whatever reasons (irrespective of how valid you feel them to be), are not prepared to.  Jet 2 have no responsibility to accommodate your objection to complying with Spanish entry requirements just as they wouldn't if you chose not to renew your passport (another requirement for entry to Spain.  I doubt your insurance will cover you either as the sitution is one of your own making and could be easily rectified by action on your part.

You have accepted that you would leave your job if forced to get a booster, you also need to accept that, until they decide to change their rules or you get boosted, Spain is closed to you. 
  • onashoestring
    onashoestring Posts: 1,631
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    edited 28 April 2022 at 9:46AM
    https://www.jet2.com/en/flights/safe-travel/travel-requirements 

Jet2 are quite clear on their website that it is in their words “essential” that you 
    *check the entry requirements before you select your destination and
    * check the requirements regularly before you depart. 

Their Changes and Refunds Policy 
    also states  : The COVID-19 vaccination programme in the UK is currently open to everyone aged 12 or over. You’ll need to be fully vaccinated at least 14 days before your arrival. 

According to these T&Cs you are not entitled to a refund for choosing not to be fully vaccinated and if you decide to change the destination you will need to pay the associated admin fees . 
  • sheramber
    sheramber Posts: 18,617
    First Anniversary I've been Money Tipped! First Post Name Dropper
    Forumite
    As the level of virus infection fluctuates changes of entry regulations for everywhere will be an ongoing risk for some time.

If the level in Uk drops sufficiently Spain will change the rules as they have done with other countries. 

Until then you can only keep checking for any updates.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 341.7K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.7K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.1K Spending & Discounts
  • 233.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 605.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.4K Life & Family
  • 246.7K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.8K Discuss & Feedback