IMPORTANT: Please make sure your posts do not contain any personally identifiable information (both your own and that of others). When uploading images, please take care that you have redacted all personal information including QR codes, number plates and reference numbers.

parking fine from 2016 - advice please

Options

Comments

• Jenni_D
    Jenni_D Posts: 5,109 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper Photogenic
    Options
    Gingersun said:
    Thank you - I found this is this what you mean? Here is a guide to MCOL, how to acknowledge service ('AOS'):

https://www.dropbox.com/s/xvqu3bask5m0zir/money-claim-online-How-to-Acknowledge.pdf?dl=0

I have a paper form through - do I not fill that out? do I do online instead? I'm confused - the paper form asks for employment info & bank info etc

I've read a few highview claims so will follow. Thank you.
    Are you confusing a letter from the other side with doing an AoS? Who sent you that form?
    Jenni x
  • Fruitcake
    Fruitcake Posts: 58,246 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    edited 20 July 2022 at 7:38PM
    Options
    The link you posted is the guide to court, so you need to follow it.
    Do everything online.

Start by completing the AoS on or very shortly after day 6 from the issue date of the claim form. Do not put anything in the MCOL defence box. Absolutely nothing.

Then start reading the template defence thread with the title that ends with "edited March 2022"
    I married my cousin. I had to...
    I don't have a sister. :D
    All my screwdrivers are cordless.
    "You're Safety Is My Primary Concern Dear" - Laks
  • Coupon-mad
    Coupon-mad Posts: 131,730 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    Options
    No paperwork is used at all in our guidance.
    PRIVATE 'PCN'? DON'T PAY BUT DON'T IGNORE IT (except N.Ireland).
    CLICK at the top of this/any page where it says:
    Forum Home»Motoring»Parking Tickets Fines & Parking - read the NEWBIES THREAD
  • Gingersun
    Gingersun Posts: 49 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Jenni_D said:
    Gingersun said:
    Thank you - I found this is this what you mean? Here is a guide to MCOL, how to acknowledge service ('AOS'):

https://www.dropbox.com/s/xvqu3bask5m0zir/money-claim-online-How-to-Acknowledge.pdf?dl=0

I have a paper form through - do I not fill that out? do I do online instead? I'm confused - the paper form asks for employment info & bank info etc

I've read a few highview claims so will follow. Thank you.
    Are you confusing a letter from the other side with doing an AoS? Who sent you that form?
    It came with the claim form - so I ignore this - I'll complete everything online tomorrow thanks
  • Gingersun
    Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    I'm filling in the forms online - I already have a government gateway account - I just use this yes?Thanks
  • Gingersun
    Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    and should I go with my name now or name n the claim form please? after this how long do I have to sort a defence? Thank you
  • Mouse007
    Mouse007 Posts: 1,062 Forumite
    First Post Photogenic Name Dropper First Anniversary
    edited 21 July 2022 at 4:18PM
    Options
    What is the issue date on the claim form? add 5 days and you have the date of service. So long as you file a AoS within 14 days of the service date you will have 24 28 days from the service date to file a defence. Give us the issue date and we can confirm dates.

Edit: correction above, 28 days not 24

BBC WatchDog “if you are struggling with an unfair parking charge do get in touch”

Please email your PCN story to watchdog@bbc.co.uk they want to hear about it.
    Please then tell us here that you have done so.

• Le_Kirk
    Le_Kirk Posts: 22,312 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Photogenic Name Dropper
    Options
    Gingersun said:
    I'm filling in the forms online - I already have a government gateway account - I just use this yes?
    Gingersun said:
    and should I go with my name now or name n the claim form please? after this how long do I have to sort a defence? 
    Yes, you use your existing Gateway account but then there should be log-in and password info on the N1 form.  I believe you can change your name when doing the AoS if, for example you got married.
  • Gingersun
    Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Mouse007 said:
    What is the issue date on the claim form? add 5 days and you have the date of service. So long as you file a AoS within 14 days of the service date you will have 24 days from the service date to file a defence. Give us the issue date and we can confirm dates.
    Issue date on form is 11 July...received on 14 July. Thank you 
  • Mouse007
    Mouse007 Posts: 1,062 Forumite
    First Post Photogenic Name Dropper First Anniversary
    Options
    With an issue date of 11 July you have until 4pm on Monday 1 August to fiile your AoS (The calculated date of 30 July is a Saturday).

You will then have until 4pm on Monday 15 August to file your defence (Again the calculated date would be 13th but that too falls on a Saturday).

Only file on working days, not weekends, to ensure you receive an acknowledgement email receipt.

BBC WatchDog “if you are struggling with an unfair parking charge do get in touch”

Please email your PCN story to watchdog@bbc.co.uk they want to hear about it.
    Please then tell us here that you have done so.

Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback