We'd like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum. This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are - or become - political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.

Fags for Baileys..

Options

Comments

• hayley1471
    Options
    Ten hours - smoke free.

I was thinking, if I can get two bottles of Baileys for £10 from Coop, does that mean I only need to quit for two days? If I make 3 days, shall I get 3 bottles? If I make 2 weeks - how many of you can make it to Leeds to help me drink it all!

H:)
  • mrsspendalot
    Options
    I could get to Leeds .... ;)

Well done on your decision to stop smoking Hayley .... fantastic!
    Olympic Countdown Challenge #145 ~ DFW Nerd #389 ~ Debt Free Date: [STRIKE]December 2015[/STRIKE] September 2015

:j BabySpendalot arrived 26/6/11 :j
  • chevalier
    chevalier Posts: 7,937 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Well done for quitting. When you get to a week then you can buy a bottle of baileys and for a terry'r orange flavour, a bottle of cointreau. 1 part baileys to 1 part cointreau over ice is LUSH
    chev

there again maybe I shouldn't be encouraging you to drink.....:rolleyes:
    I want a job that is less than an hour driving away from my house! Are you listening universe?
  • chardonnay_2
    Options
    how can you get two bottles of baileys for 10 pound - is this a bargain of the century i have missed:eek:
    :love: married to the man of my dreams! 9-08-09:love:
  • juno
    juno Posts: 6,553 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    Options
    chardonnay wrote: »
    how can you get two bottles of baileys for 10 pound - is this a bargain of the century i have missed:eek:
    It was £16 when I typed it, so I think someone had a bit too much to drink and misread it :(

I'll lend you my staff discount card though, and you can save 20% :)
    Murphy's No More Pies Club #209

Total debt [STRIKE]£4578.27[/STRIKE] £0.00 :j
    100% paid off :j

• hayley1471
    Options
    Sorry Juno - you were right - 2 for £16. Iceland has 3 bottles of something similar for £10.

Squiffy eyes without a drink, maybe I had better stick to Horlicks.
  • angelfairy
    angelfairy Posts: 3,594 Forumite
    Options
    morning hayley,

how you getting on being smoke free??? hope all is going well for you.
  • consultant31
    Options
    hayley1471 wrote: »
    #25 Is that a raw egg? Or do I need to cook it first? Would you say boiled or scrambled works best?

That's raw, lol. Though you could try it scrambled and then eat your Baileys instead of drinking it :rolleyes:
    I let my mind wander and it never came back!
  • Stephen_Leak
    Options
    Whilst not wishing to demotivate you from quitting smoking, or turn you into a dairy alchoholic instead, here's another recipe for a Bailey's clone ...
    ISLE OF ISLAY CREAM
    "Winemaker" Magazine, p.129, March 1982

INGREDIENTS
    14 fl. oz. (400 g) tin of condensed milk
    8 fl. oz. of Scotch whisky
    7 fl. oz. (250 ml) carton of UHT long-life single cream
    6 fl. oz. (170 g) tin of evaporated milk (eg. "Ideal")
    6 - 8 teaspoons of coffee essence (eg. "Camp")

(None of the amounts are critical, and the sizes of the tins and cartons have changed and/or been metricated since the recipe was originally published.)

METHOD
    Pour all the ingredients into a 2 pint (1 litre) jug or bowl. Use the whisky to wash out all of the thicker ingredients from their containers. Mix. Pour. Drink.

(I don't know how long this will keep for: it has never stayed around long enough to go off!)
    The acquisition of wealth is no longer the driving force in my life. :)
  • hayley1471
    Options
    Morning - still smoke free and still thinking about Baileys.

I am going to give Stephen's version a try - I am not sure about the raw egg version. Earlier in the year a friend bought back some duty free Highland Park Whisky for me, so I will use that along with the fairly reasonably priced (I think - correct me if I am wrong) ingredients and see what it turns out like.

Shall I start a 'The cheapest way to make Baileys for Christmas' thread? Or does that belong on a different board?

And if I do manage to make it for less than the price of a box of cigarettes, do I get to start smoking again?

H:)
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 12 Election 2024: The MSE Leaders' Debate
  • 344.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.4K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450.1K Spending & Discounts
  • 236.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.6K Life & Family