We'd like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum. This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are - or become - political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.

Fags for Baileys..

Options

Comments

• JoeHel
    JoeHel Posts: 446 Forumite
    Options
    I have found that stopping smoking just under 6 weeks ago has now saved me nearly £300 - you could get PLENTY of Baileys with that!! ;) Mind you, our HR department give us TCOs (team co-ordinators) a bottle of Baileys every year for christmas and I HATE the stuff!!! My OH's son drinks it!!!

For info, I didn't find that drinking alcohol weakened my non-smoking resolve at all, but I DID find that the best defence was reading WhyQuit.com and joining the stopping smoking thread on here!!! Lots of brilliant advice to get your head in the right place to quit. That's all it takes. If your attitude is right, it's so easy (and I was a 30-a-day smoker for 22 years!)

Good luck! Hel.
    QUIT SMOKING 4/11/07 :j
  • FrugalJo
    FrugalJo Posts: 549 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    hayley1471 wrote: »
    Hi

As for the stripy food, given that the girls will never have seen a stripy packet, I plan to tell them it is the latest in organic marketing. Anything stripy is organic and VERY good for you.... As long as I get them to try it and eat it, all will be OK!

Hayley, one thing, please tell them the truth when they are old enough to get their own Tesco Clubcard !
    The man who removes a mountain begins by carrying away small stones. - Chinese Proverb
    Jo
  • hayley1471
    Options
    Right, 4 hours in, just off to the no smoking thread to lurk.

Thanks again for all your alternative Baileys suggestions.

And the children didn't notice anything different about their stripy sweetcorn...
  • consultant31
    Options
    Well done on stopping smoking - the single biggest thing you can do to improve your health (and bank balance :))

You may like to try this home-made Baileys - it's absolutely delicious and so much cheaper you can afford to drink lots more :rotfl:

This makes a 2 litre bottle

1 medium egg
    1 or 2 tsp coffee (dissolved in 25ml of warm water)
    15g Askeys chocolate sauce
    1 pot Elmlea light single cream
    1 tin light condensed milk
    125 mls whiskey

Combine all ingredients in a blender, store & refrigerate.
    I let my mind wander and it never came back!
  • meyore
    meyore Posts: 2,721 Forumite
    Options
    Well done and good luck with the quitting smoking.

Careful when you do have that drink though-I found the first time I had a drink after giving up smoking I couldn't pace myself "between sips" without a cigarette, so got hideously drunk and was spectacularly sick... :o
    :heartpuls :love: :heartpuls
  • Snaggles
    Snaggles Posts: 19,503 Forumite
    Options
    Awwww Meyore....I tried not to laugh but....:rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:

Well done Hayley, you're doing great!
    "I wasn't wrong, I just wasn't right enough."
    :smileyhea
  • meyore
    meyore Posts: 2,721 Forumite
    Options
    Thats ok, looking back it was pretty funny. I was at a friends, less than a foot away from her toilet and was still sick on the carpet... Mortified!
    :heartpuls :love: :heartpuls
  • falady
    falady Posts: 584 Forumite
    Options
    good for you on deciding to give up!
    Not Buying It 2015 :)
  • hayley1471
    Options
    #25 Is that a raw egg? Or do I need to cook it first? Would you say boiled or scrambled works best?
  • Snaggles
    Snaggles Posts: 19,503 Forumite
    Options
    hayley1471 wrote: »
    #25 Is that a raw egg? Or do I need to cook it first? Would you say boiled or scrambled works best?

Mmmmmm.....Baileys omlette.....!! :rotfl:

How're you going with the no smoking Hayley?
    "I wasn't wrong, I just wasn't right enough."
    :smileyhea
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 12 Election 2024: The MSE Leaders' Debate
  • 344.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.4K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450.1K Spending & Discounts
  • 236.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills