HP instant Ink Price increase

Options

Comments

• srpsrp
    srpsrp Posts: 44 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    edited 9 February 2022 at 8:24AM
    Options
    I had the email so I downsized to the 99p level, there was no 99p version offered when I joined. Thanks HP for saving me money!
    I very rarely use the printer but it’s nice to have this 99p plan. If they increase the price I will just ditch the printer. £12 a year is enough for something I maybe use to print a page every 6 months. 
    Seems you are not the only one a neighbour unceremoniously dumped their HP printer  outside with a 'free' sign on it, nice printer lol

Instant ink comes into its own when printing photos if you see one pick it up because the instant ink works until the end of the month too😜
  • Se1Lad
    Se1Lad Posts: 341 Forumite
    Photogenic First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary
    Options
    You all need to seriously consider why you need to print anything at all?

Printing is so old fashioned, give me one good reason why you need something you can see on a screen put on a piece of paper?
    In a normal year I probably print under 30 pages.  However, last year when I was executor of my late father’s will it was closer to 500!
  • IvanOpinion
    IvanOpinion Posts: 22,188 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    Options

Printing is so old fashioned, give me one good reason why you need something you can see on a screen put on a piece of paper?
    How else can I store all my animated GIFs?
    Past caring about first world problems.
  • another_casualty
    Options
    Has anyone else receive an email from Giovanni Riggioni ,asking us to take a survey?
    I've received 2!
  • Jenni_D
    Jenni_D Posts: 5,109 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper Photogenic
    Options
    I had to Google that name for your post to make any sense to me. 😁
    Jenni x
  • another_casualty
    Options
    Jenni_D said:
    I had to Google that name for your post to make any sense to me. 😁
    😺It looks like  it’s from the marketing dept or c e o .
    probably got a backlash from price increase etc 
  • pedro9955
    pedro9955 Posts: 6 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Like you all received the email from HP. At £1.99 was probably worth it as I only average 40 or so pages /month(home use). However at £2.99 I did the math(s) and reckoned I could buy the cartridge's from Amazon around £20.00, so I cancelled my subscription. This finished on the 1st May with a final payment £2.99. Trying to print the following day my printer went into melt down. I tried all the trouble shooting advice without success. The next day I received an email from HP confirming my cancellation and informing me that the cartridge's in my printer would no longer work and I needed exchange them. and return the Instant Ink ones back to HP. I contacted HP ( a long and convoluted saga) to be informed that this info is in the "small print" and basically "hard cheese" to me. 

As I only received one black cartridge in the 18 months since purchase even £1.99 seems like daylight robbery

So warning to all!!!! Robbing bar-stewards
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    This was in the media recently, lady with the same issue in that HP disable the carts after the sub cancellation. I am on the 99p plan so if they increase that I will just cancel and scrap the printer. Only really keep a printer around for the £1 a month printing. 
  • KxMx
    KxMx Posts: 10,614 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary Photogenic
    edited 4 May 2022 at 2:09PM
    Options
    I'm moving soon and leaving the printer behind for my Mum and not buying another. 
    Most things can be done via a screen, RM/Evri can print labels for you using a QR code, for the very few things that I will need a print out of I have a Post Office and Library nearby, open 7 days a week and charge only 10p for black/white, 40p for colour. 
  • gefnew
    gefnew Posts: 879 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    tallmansix said:

The label`s they send you to return goods.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.4K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback