We’d like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum.

This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are – or become – political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.

📨 Have you signed up to the Forum's new Email Digest yet? Get a selection of trending threads sent straight to your inbox daily, weekly or monthly!

Pay off mortgage and start having even more fun 😁

1…259260261262263265»

Comments

  • newgirly
    newgirly Posts: 9,602 Forumite
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Mortgage-free Glee! Name Dropper

    Well last nights film was disappointing unfortunately I stayed awake throughout as well 😁. Today Aunt is coming over, so that’s most of the day gone and then I’m going for curry with the girlfriends I used to go out with regularly, now we are lucky if it’s a few times a year. Two of the four tend to cancel quite a bit, it’s a shame really as it’s not easy making new friends once you hit a certain age, and there’s not much contact in between meet ups. Ah well, I need to make the most of it 🙂 Personal spending will cover it, as I’m not really buying clothes or much at the moment it should still be manageable sticking to a reduced personal spending amount this month. I’ve transferred the £50 from my spending money and the £100 from the grocery budget at the start of the month, if I wait until the end I will have spent it 🤣 so that’s £150 towards doing something while do is off at Xmas.

    This morning I’m potentially going to try for tickets to see Rowan Atkinson next year, I’ve registered for pre sale and tickets start as £35, which probably means there’s one ticket for £35 behind a pillar and the rest are £1000 😆 But the lure of seeing blackadder is too great and I may have to spend a bit more! I was hoping for a reduced budget of £50 each for Xmas this year and dh has said he would come with me, so ideally under that would be great and from the Xmas budget.

    Plans for today :



    See Aunt, plus take her to mums for lunch


    Post parcel


    Bit of washing


    Try get Rowan Atkinson tickets


    Book restaurants on Arctic cruise after liaising with dad (budgeted for, holiday spending pot )


    Ring hospital re cardio appointment Friday ( trying to send over film of my last echo as there were no reports made so now can’t compare when I have the next one, same private hospital too 😡)


    make sausage casserole in SC for dh


    Go for my daily walk

    MFW 67 - Finally mortgage free! 💙😁
  • Mrs_Money_Penny
    Mrs_Money_Penny Posts: 1,393 Forumite
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Name Dropper Photogenic

    A busy day planned.Good luck on the walk pouring with rain here just got back with the dogs x

    2026 Decluttering 8889⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️
    2025 Decluttering 17207⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️
    2024 Decluttering 11728⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️
★ ★ ★ Meet your Ambassadors

🚀 Getting Started

Hi new member!

Our Getting Started Guide will help you get the most out of the Forum

Categories

  • All Categories
  • 355.7K Banking & Borrowing
  • 254.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 456.1K Spending & Discounts
  • 248.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 605.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 179K Life & Family
  • 263.6K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 16.1K Discuss & Feedback
  • 37.7K Read-Only Boards

Is this how you want to be seen?

We see you are using a default avatar. It takes only a few seconds to pick a picture.