We’d like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum.
This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are – or become – political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.
Pay off mortgage and start having even more fun 😁
Comments
-
Where is your second night at ng?
22: 3🏅 4⭐ 23: 5🏅 6 ⭐ 24 1🏅 2⭐ 25 🏅 🥈2⭐ 26 🥈 Never save something for a special occasion. Every day is a special occasion. The diff between what you were yesterday and what you'll be tomorrow is what you do today Well organised clutter is still clutter - Joshua Becker If youre not already using a thing you won't start using it more by shoving it in a cupboard- AJMoney The barrier standing between you & what youre truly capable of isnt lack of info, ideas or techniques. The secret is 'do it'2 -
Hi Daisy 🙂 it’s near Shildon in County Durham, I booked it so we can see the Flying Scotsman at the train museum here. We ended up coming up day late as I spent all Friday in hospital with DIL as she was bitten by a kitten at work and needed plastic surgery on her hands 😱 she was in for two days I the end, she’s home now though. So much drama with those kids and their operations lately 🤣
Today we went to the Beamish living museum, wow what a place! We didn’t manage to do the whole thing as it’s massive but we did see a lot. I would love to go back at some point, hopefully within a year as the tickets last a year, it really needs and extra night away if going to York though as it’s a bit of a drive.MFW 67 - Finally mortgage free! 💙😁3 -
OMG to the kitten injury ! (Was it a tortie by any chance 😂) hope she's fully recovered now
Dxx
22: 3🏅 4⭐ 23: 5🏅 6 ⭐ 24 1🏅 2⭐ 25 🏅 🥈2⭐ 26 🥈 Never save something for a special occasion. Every day is a special occasion. The diff between what you were yesterday and what you'll be tomorrow is what you do today Well organised clutter is still clutter - Joshua Becker If youre not already using a thing you won't start using it more by shoving it in a cupboard- AJMoney The barrier standing between you & what youre truly capable of isnt lack of info, ideas or techniques. The secret is 'do it'2 -
Ouch!! Poor DIL!
Beamish is great - I remember us going as children. We definitely need to go back there. Enjoy the trains!Mortgage free 16/06/2023! £132,500 cleared in 11 years, 3 months and 7 days
'Now is no time to think of what you do not have. Think of what you can do with what there is.' Ernest Hemingway2 -
It was a black kitten, she’s doing ok now thanks 🙂
It’s so worth another visit Vix, a fascinating place. Dh went and chatted to the lady in the old print shop, and found rare machine that he saw in the Fleet Street printing museum years ago and was told it was the only one left, so he was happy now he’s seen two 😂
Not a great night here in the hotel, we’re were in bed last and dh was actually asleep when the fire alarm went off, so we jumped up got dressed and went up the corridor with neighbours behind us, some in nightwear , to have a staff member spot us at the end door and wander over laughing to say “oh don’t worry it’s a false alarm set off by the kitchen, good job you were dressed already” 😱 through the windows you could also see lots of people just sitting around in the lounge drinking. It has really annoyed me I have to say. The hotel itself is lovely but the room is not, we have woken to water running down the windows and the tiny bathroom was so damp this morning that the toilet roll was wet 😳 I never comapin but if asked I will mention the fire alawrm incident, it was a bargain night but that’s not really the point.We are off early after breakfast today to the train museum, then back to York.
MFW 67 - Finally mortgage free! 💙😁3 -
That Sounds very annoying indeed !
PMd you
Dxx
22: 3🏅 4⭐ 23: 5🏅 6 ⭐ 24 1🏅 2⭐ 25 🏅 🥈2⭐ 26 🥈 Never save something for a special occasion. Every day is a special occasion. The diff between what you were yesterday and what you'll be tomorrow is what you do today Well organised clutter is still clutter - Joshua Becker If youre not already using a thing you won't start using it more by shoving it in a cupboard- AJMoney The barrier standing between you & what youre truly capable of isnt lack of info, ideas or techniques. The secret is 'do it'2 -
That must have been some kitten bite!
I am a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Mortgage Free Wannabe & Local Money Saving Scotland & Disability Money Matters. If you need any help on those boards, do let me know.Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any post you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button , or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own & not the official line of Money Saving Expert.
Lou~ Debt free Wanabe No 55 DF 03/14.**Credit card debt free 30/06/10~** MFW. Finally mortgage free O2/ 2021****
"A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.
***Fall down seven times,stand up eight*** in ~~Japanese proverb. ***Keep plodding*** Out of debt, out of danger.
One debt remaining. Home improvement loan. 13 months left.2 -
Hi Daisy, I can’t see anything in my messages? 🤔
Beanie, it swelled up very fast so I guess that’s why, but it is strange I told her I expected a big dog not a kitten to do that 🤣
Apart from coming back to York to find an Aragog sized spider next to the bed, it’s been a great day. We got to Shildon train museum before it opened and I managed to get in quick and get tickets go for a ride on a replica of Stephenson's rocket, plus also tickets (which were sold out online) to get in the cab of the flying Scotsman- for free as well, as the lovely volunteer lady said just take them as they are spare 😁 wonderful informative staff and volunteers there, what a place! Good to finally see it too as everytime we visit the York museum it’s always somewhere else.
I again bought a postcard for the fridge but also broke my no souvenir rule as I couldn’t resist a flying Scotsman tote bag.I dread to think how much we have spent this weekend, it’s more than we should have, we either spend hardly anything or loads, unfortunately it is the latter this time 🫣 time to bite the bullet and tot it all up, hopefully it can be jiggled around and covered 😳
MFW 67 - Finally mortgage free! 💙😁3 -
Something went wrong, tried again
22: 3🏅 4⭐ 23: 5🏅 6 ⭐ 24 1🏅 2⭐ 25 🏅 🥈2⭐ 26 🥈 Never save something for a special occasion. Every day is a special occasion. The diff between what you were yesterday and what you'll be tomorrow is what you do today Well organised clutter is still clutter - Joshua Becker If youre not already using a thing you won't start using it more by shoving it in a cupboard- AJMoney The barrier standing between you & what youre truly capable of isnt lack of info, ideas or techniques. The secret is 'do it'0 -
I did get a message again and have replied Daisy 😊
I’ve been snowed under lately and I don’t know why really 🤣 went to the Harry Potter studio tour again last week with the friend who bought me tickets for my 50th last year (it had been rearranged multiple times) which was fun. I’ve been packing and unpacking and packing again for our cruise which goes this Saturday 😱 I’ve finally got ds1 to check in online so I can print out luggage tags etc. so will do that today.
Aunt is visiting today, then I’m taking dad to the cinema later which is a very rare event. We did meet dd and sil again last week for dinner which went well, but things haven’t really moved on at all with regard to anything else being worked out, but it’s great to see them.Finances have been looked at and all os going ok, the zero card won’t be paid off until the regular Xmas saver account matures in October but the funds are there for the rest by the end of this month. My intention is to start saving from October finally after all these years 😬 Our holiday budget (which is big 🙄) won’t cover the trips I’ve booked if we do actually go on the long Canada cruise we have booked for Oct 2028 unless we dip into savings which I won’t be doing. So I need to get creative two fold, earning a bit extra, cutting back a bit and also potentially rebooking to a cheaper option covering a similar itinerary. I’m a little nervy about what we have booked as it’s expensive and also an inside cabin under a club for 30 nights 🤣 we will see, we have plenty of time to work that out.
September as we are away for a week I’m thinking of buying most of the items for the kids December hampers with the extra food budget we won’t need, there seems to be a lot of Xmas stuff in the shops already - as usual. I find it so much easier to cook cheaply in winter, it’s slow cooker season, which also lends itself to batch booking runny dinners that can be reheated easily. Then there’s jacket potatoes, flavoured hot chocolates and coffees etc. yesterday I bought some of the new chilli flavoured baked beans that were on offer for 2x £2 on h0me b@rgains, I had them for tea and they were very nice 😋 It’s my favourite time of year so I’m looking forward to getting more hands on cooking and baking hopefully.
Anyway off to put another wash on now 🙂
MFW 67 - Finally mortgage free! 💙😁6
Confirm your email address to Create Threads and Reply
Categories
- All Categories
- 355.6K Banking & Borrowing
- 254.8K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
- 456.1K Spending & Discounts
- 248.2K Work, Benefits & Business
- 605.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
- 179K Life & Family
- 263.5K Travel & Transport
- 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
- 16.1K Discuss & Feedback
- 37.7K Read-Only Boards

