Munchin’s intentionally living with less diary

Options

Comments

• WinterWarrior
    Options
    Ironing 😱 no, no, no! I stopped…now it’s only for the rarest of going out items! 
    Not all who wander are lost - J.R.R.Tolkien
    🌊 A smooth sea never made a skilled sailor 🌊
    2024 challenges - (1) £8k savings challenge = £900 so far (2) 1 stone weight reduction = 1lb so far
    My WW and friends diary is here 😁 … 
    https://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/discussion/6259606/must-try-harder/p1

• Seasidegal58
    Options
    Your lists put me to shame Munchin!
    I must admit I've really cut down on ironing - in fact I use a handheld steamer on most of my clothes. I hang them up and away I go!  I also use it on the duvet cover and pillow cases!  I don't consider anything else worth ironing!
    Finally Debt Free! - July 2016 🌟
    Finished Emergency Fund- £10,000 April 2017
    🌟
    RETIRED: MAY 2021!!!!😀🎆
    My diary: “Seasidegal's Scrimpy Retirement Diary!”
  • Munchin
    Munchin Posts: 2,816 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Photogenic Debt-free and Proud!
    Options
    Hi WW & SSG - I hate ironing with a passion and working from home has been a blessing because I now have very little to iron. That was not my normal list but sister & family head home tomorrow and I think I will have to do it all again because the house looks very ‘lived in’ 😂.

so counting today as an NSD even though I spent nearly £100 but it was on PCR testing and insurance for my holiday in January that may or may not go ahead so it is out of my holiday fund. 

Sister bought me a load of smellies and creams for Xmas, so I honestly believe I could make it through 2022 with only buying hair care. So that is my challenge for 2022 - use every thing up before replacing.

plans have changed this week and I think I now only have 1 lunch out and that will be me. Would like an NSD tmw but have airport parking to pay for … next NSD might be Thursday
  • Munchin
    edited 22 December 2021 at 8:52AM
    Options
    Morning all

Busy day ahead, I’m taking sister back to airport and after that I want to put my house back in order. Also in less than 2 weeks I will/might/could be on holiday - so going to go through holiday box and see if I have everything I need.

Plans today -
    • airport run
    • Turn spare room back into office
    • Wash bedding and put away for next visit
    • Hoover and tidy house
    • Tackle the holiday box

• Munchin
    Options
    Morning 😊

the only thing I didn’t get done yesterday was sort out my holiday box but I will do that today. I’m out for a late lunch today and I have a circuits class tonight. I’m on leave this week and now sister is away home I’m not sure what to do with myself - can you tell I always have to be at something 😂
  • WinterWarrior
    Options
    You are always so busy! When I’m not working I seem to lose entire days pootling around flitting from one meal to the next! 
    2024 challenges - (1) £8k savings challenge = £900 so far (2) 1 stone weight reduction = 1lb so far

• Seasidegal58
    Options
    Enjoy sorting out the holiday box!😃
    Finally Debt Free! - July 2016 🌟
    Finished Emergency Fund- £10,000 April 2017
    🌟
    RETIRED: MAY 2021!!!!😀🎆
    My diary: “Seasidegal's Scrimpy Retirement Diary!”
  • Munchin
    Options
    Morning

holiday box sorted and I don’t need to buy anything for my holiday - previous years I would have treated myself to something new for the sake of it but I have everything I need.

y’day I took my mum to the shops and spent nothing 😇… today should be the same. I will pick up a pre-ordered gammon for Xmas dinner (I don’t eat meat but I’ll not stop my family enjoying it).

I went out for a short run y’day in my local forest and what I hate happened - dog owners who only go to the forest during holiday time and don’t put their dog on a lead. I ended up having to protect my dog while a Labrador and 2 other dogs tried to get at him, I’m pretty sure they just wanted to play but they knocked us both over. All the owners could say was ‘it’s not really like them’ - I love dogs and totally blame the owners … I ended up mucky and a bit sore. I will just have to avoid the forest until after Xmas.

Money front - I now have £15 in surveys and £56 credit card cash back to collect. I did my cash stuffing for January. I do a combination of card and cash budget - I am a YNAB fan but haven’t renewed my membership because I was in a habit of impulse shopping and moving money from categories to cover the extra spend. I might go back to YNAB but I’ll try the old fashioned pen and paper for a while.

so happy Xmas Eve and I hope Santa is good to you all tomorrow 😊🎅 
  • WinterWarrior
    Options
    It doesn’t matter how much you trust your dog they should never be off lead near other people. I love my dog and wouldn’t risk anything happening to her or her getting into trouble. I let her off lead on our massive near empty local beach, but if I see people heading our way she is clipped back up (even if I have to run after her now she’s deaf 😁) It’s my job to keep her safe. She has a thing about jogging, if I run up and down the hall she goes bouncy and jumpy and tries to stop my ridiculous behaviour 🤣 I hope you are ok.
    I have my own excel spreadsheets for budgeting…although I too have to shuffle spending sometimes. 
    Happy Christmas munchin 🎅🏻

• Munchin
    Options
    Thanks WW

I'm fine thank you and totally agree with you about taking responsibility for your dog. I love the sound of your dog 😂- if I put my trainers on, my dog starts bouncing on his wee paws because he gets to run with me and he hits me with his paw to hurry me up when I’m doing my stretches.

watching Home Alone with a glass of Baileys. Happy Christmas WW.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback