IMPORTANT: Please make sure your posts do not contain any personally identifiable information (both your own and that of others). When uploading images, please take care that you have redacted all personal information including QR codes, number plates and reference numbers.

Disabled, Parked on public road, ticketed by private firm!

Options

HI

Like others here I’ve received a parking fine from VCS, myparkingcharge.

I have read the sticky’s & I think mine is different.  I know the sticky says there are no different situations.

The situation is, I am registered Disabled, I have a valid blue badge.

At the end of a public highway in Liverpool docks, there are numerous private parking bays, different tarmac to the public road, all with signage that they are private, etc.  I did not park in them.

I parked on Double yellow lines, on the public road, with my badge displayed.

I was ticketed by VCS.

I have appealed the ticket, which to no surprise was rejected.

I am now asked to appeal to theias, which from reading is a sham.

I assume this appeal process is set up to just exhaust so much time, you give in.

I phoned actionfraud, they couldn’t care less.

Since when have private companies been allowed to ticket cars on the public highway, stating you are on private land?

VCS photos have been doctored/altered and cropped to minimize and remove the double yellow line.

None of their photos show my car on private land, but they have 12 really poor Autotrader style photos focusing on my car not where its parked, leading me to believe the ticketer knew exactly what he was doing.

Is there no organisation that can highlight this as an example of private ticketing companies gone to far?

Should I appeal to theias?

Or wait for a real court.

Thanks for your time.

Comments

• emmajones1976
    Options
    Post the exact location using Google Maps.
  • Redx
    Redx Posts: 38,084 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    Options
    How do you know that it is a public road ? Have the council confirmed that it is public and they control it ?

Or is it a private road on private property but open to the public ?  Don't assume , check

If it is under council control , then you have grounds for a counter claim in court

If it's a private road but open to the public , that is different , your BB doesn't entitle you to anything on private property
  • Sad__Sam
    Options
    I am trying to insert images.

I have the Liverpool Council adopted roads list, William Jessop Way is on it.
    I am parked on Confirmed Public Road 
  • Redx
    Redx Posts: 38,084 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    Options
    Then if you are 100% sure of this , read this recent win against VCS in a counter claim at Stockport court
  • Sad__Sam
    Options

I was parked on the double yellow line SE of parking space 11.  On the public road
  • bargepole
    bargepole Posts: 3,231 Forumite
    Name Dropper Combo Breaker First Post First Anniversary
    edited 2 November 2021 at 11:38AM
    Options
    I suggest you read this thread, VCS have form for this kind of thing: VCS Caught Issuing PCNs on Public Highway - Hit For £1,000 Counterclaim — MoneySavingExpert Forum

If they issue a court claim, defend it and counterclaim for breach of the Data Protection Act.

I have been providing assistance, including Lay Representation at Court hearings (current score: won 57, lost 14), to defendants in parking cases for over 5 years. I have an LLB (Hons) degree, and have a Graduate Diploma in Civil Litigation from CILEx. However, any advice given on these forums by me is NOT formal legal advice, and I accept no liability for its accuracy.
  • Sad__Sam
    Options
    Thank you.  Just what I need.

I got the Adopted roads list from
    www.whatdotheyknow.com/cy/request/list_of_adopted_roads_in_liverpo?unfold=1

Line 6631, I've checked the road length & where I was parked is adopted.
    William Jessop Way     Bath      Street Cul-de-sac      L3       518m

• D_P_Dance
    D_P_Dance Posts: 11,504 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary
    edited 2 November 2021 at 12:38PM
    Options
    Is there no organisation that can highlight this as an example of private ticketing companies gone to far?

Yea, the House  of Commons, Trading Standards, the police, tne press, motoring organisations etc.  

It might be worth your while trying to get this in front of a judge ans ask Bargepole to take them to the cleaners.  
    You never know how far you can go until you go too far.
  • 95Rollers
    Options
    Have you spoken to the council or your local MP or even logged the matter with the local police? Also put on an ActionFraud report - the fraud is they are issuing PCNs and obtaining people's details from the DVLA to defraud the public of money they have no lawful entitlement to nor legal authority or accredited powers to issue these notices on the authority of local government.  
  • nicestrawb
    Options
    95Rollers said:
    Have you spoken to the council or your local MP or even logged the matter with the local police? Also put on an ActionFraud report - the fraud is they are issuing PCNs and obtaining people's details from the DVLA to defraud the public of money they have no lawful entitlement to nor legal authority or accredited powers to issue these notices on the authority of local government.  
    Yes, to do it once you might be able to argue that it's an error, but this is developing into a pattern of behaviour now for VCS. Someone should be raising these issues as one with the authorities.
     {Signature removed by Forum Team - if you are not sure why we have removed your signature, it's probably Gladstones}
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.7K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback