IMPORTANT: Please make sure your posts do not contain any personally identifiable information (both your own and that of others). When uploading images, please take care that you have redacted all personal information including QR codes, number plates and reference numbers.

Very confused, not sure whats going on with a CCJ

Comments

• Johnersh
    Johnersh Posts: 1,293 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper Photogenic
    I have physically spent 4 hours on this over the last two days, I simply do not have this sort of
     time free required for this.

If time is money, then the cheapest thing would always be to pay.... But then they'd never learn would they? 

• teknotel
    teknotel Posts: 122 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker Name Dropper
    Johnersh said:
    I have physically spent 4 hours on this over the last two days, I simply do not have this sort of

If time is money, then the cheapest thing would always be to pay.... But then they'd never learn would they? 

If I pay I still have a CCJ on my credit record though don't I? Don't you have to pay in the first 30 days?
  • Le_Kirk
    Le_Kirk Posts: 22,243 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Photogenic Name Dropper
    teknotel said:
    Johnersh said:

If I pay I still have a CCJ on my credit record though don't I? Don't you have to pay in the first 30 days?
    Yes, you do, after that time it is marked as satisfied but, as you say, it is still on your credit file.
  • teknotel
    Le_Kirk said:
    teknotel said:
    Johnersh said:

Yes, you do, after that time it is marked as satisfied but, as you say, it is still on your credit file.
    As I said the money itself is meaningless, its the credit file record, so I will just fight it as best as I can with my research so far.
  • Le_Kirk
    Le_Kirk Posts: 22,243 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Photogenic Name Dropper
    Don't tell the judge that, they don't like credit cleansing.
  • Coupon-mad
    Coupon-mad Posts: 131,199 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    edited 20 October 2021 at 6:29PM
    teknotel said:
    Le_Kirk said:
    teknotel said:
    Johnersh said:

As I said the money itself is meaningless, its the credit file record, so I will just fight it as best as I can with my research so far.
    OK, which means no application this month, not yet.

Firstly, quick email to their solicitors (those who filed the claim) proposing consent to set aside and telling them 'what's in it for them' (as seen in the replies by henrik this year).  That doesn't involve making an offer unless you choose to add that as a carrot.
    PRIVATE 'PCN'? DON'T PAY BUT DON'T IGNORE IT (except N.Ireland).
    CLICK at the top of this/any page where it says:
    Forum Home»Motoring»Parking Tickets Fines & Parking - read the NEWBIES THREAD
  • teknotel
    teknotel said:
    Le_Kirk said:
    teknotel said:
    Johnersh said:

OK, which means no application this month, not yet.

Firstly, quick email to their solicitors (those who filed the claim) proposing consent to set aside and telling them 'what's in it for them' (as seen in the replies by henrik this year).  That doesn't involve making an offer unless you choose to add that as a carrot.
    I will do this thank you for your help!
  • teknotel
    Thank you for all your help with this I now have my information pack back from the data protection officer at OPS.

It appears I did actually appeal this and have both permission and a permit to park there. I have this digitally as it was sent to them, obviously they rejected my appeal, but I did not recieve the letter they sent me for whatever reason. 

Its important to note two things here. Firstly my address situation is slightly unusual. I own a property but do not live in it, at the time it was being rented to airbnb for shot term stays, but was also my businesses listed address. This was the address I put on my appeal as I was in the process of moving out from my rented home to a new home, so felt it made more sense to list a permanent address I owned, however my car was correctly registered to the address I was currently living in. They has correctly obtained this from the DVLA. I thought they would email me back to be honest, but they didn't, they say they sent it via post to the address I put on the appeal, the one I rented out. This was never recieved.

This was also the third ticket for exactly the same offence, so they knew I had permission to park there anyway and knew I had already successfully appealed it though POPLA previously and they had previously recieved both letter from the resident whose space it was and a copy of the permit.

They then apparantly passed my information to ZZPS and DBCL to collect the money from me. ZZPS did email a few times and I asked them what it was about as they gave no info, someone did then email me asking for my name and address and email. It seems I didn't reply, no idea why not, must have missed it somehow.

That was the last I ever heard about it back in September 2019. 

My question is this, did OPS do anything wrong by not emailing me back? Should they have tried either of the two other contacts they had for me, my address the car was registered to and my email. Should they have done this before passing it to debt collection?

Is the fact I didn't give my personal details to ZZPS when they emailed me an issue? I had no idea who they were at the time and it just felt like a scam. 

Does any of this information help me in trying to have the CCJ set aside and the ticket repealed?

Should I now start the set aside process or should I contact ZZPS and DBCL first? Is it worth calling them or should I just do a SAR?

Please find attached some screenshots that may be of interest. Thank you for any help you may be able to give me.

• Coupon-mad
    Coupon-mad Posts: 131,199 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    Where does our clear advice ever say to ring any parking firm or their parasite agents?  It doesn't.

My question is this, did OPS do anything wrong by not emailing me back?
    No t really.  It's good to know you appealed it, looks reasonable and they had no cause of action. 

If the claim was sent to an address were you did not live then you need to now crack on with the set aside, as I assume your email asking for consent to set aside went unanswered?  Crack on with a set aside application, now costs £275.

PRIVATE 'PCN'? DON'T PAY BUT DON'T IGNORE IT (except N.Ireland).
    CLICK at the top of this/any page where it says:
    Forum Home»Motoring»Parking Tickets Fines & Parking - read the NEWBIES THREAD
  • teknotel
    Where does our clear advice ever say to ring any parking firm or their parasite agents?  It doesn't.

My question is this, did OPS do anything wrong by not emailing me back?
    No t really.  It's good to know you appealed it, looks reasonable and they had no cause of action. 

If the claim was sent to an address were you did not live then you need to now crack on with the set aside, as I assume your email asking for consent to set aside went unanswered?  Crack on with a set aside application, now costs £275.

I haven't asked for consent to set aside yet, I will do that now I have all of the information. Thank you for your advice, will keep you updated on the process.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.7K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback