IMPORTANT: Please make sure your posts do not contain any personally identifiable information (both your own and that of others). When uploading images, please take care that you have redacted all personal information including QR codes, number plates and reference numbers.

Very confused, not sure whats going on with a CCJ

1171819202123»

Comments

• teknotel
    teknotel Posts: 122 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker Name Dropper
    Just to update you all, email today saying they have decided to discontinue court proceedings and close the file. Is that the end of the matter? 

I didn't even resubmit the WS or evidence lol.

Thanks again!
  • Coupon-mad
    Coupon-mad Posts: 131,275 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    edited 7 February at 8:46PM
    teknotel said:
    @Coupon-mad said:
    Did you get your £275 back?  Did the first Judge order that, or not?

Yes, the money was paid back.

I still think they'll discontinue.  Worth a phone call to the court a few days before, to make sure the hearing is still going ahead.

-----------------------------

UPDATE TODAY:

Just to update you all, email today saying they have decided to discontinue court proceedings and close the file. Is that the end of the matter? 

Thanks again
    Yay!  Well done you! Got your CCJ set aside, got your £275 fee back and killed them off completely.

You can be proud of this.

Permission to say 'told you so'?!  They almost always discontinue claims we handle, at DCB Legal.

You're now added to (and have earned the t-shirt for) @Umkomaas disco thread! 

PRIVATE 'PCN'? DON'T PAY BUT DON'T IGNORE IT (except N.Ireland).
    CLICK at the top of this/any page where it says:
    Forum Home»Motoring»Parking Tickets Fines & Parking - read the NEWBIES THREAD
  • patient_dream
    patient_dream Posts: 3,541 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Photogenic Name Dropper
    teknotel said:

Thanks again!
    The DCBL model to scare people .....  what a joke
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r-1w11VGj6U
  • teknotel
    teknotel Posts: 122 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker Name Dropper
    teknotel said:
    @Coupon-mad said:
    Did you get your £275 back?  Did the first Judge order that, or not?

Yes, the money was paid back.

I still think they'll discontinue.  Worth a phone call to the court a few days before, to make sure the hearing is still going ahead.

-----------------------------

UPDATE TODAY:

Thanks again
    Yay!  Well done you! Got your CCJ set aside, got your £275 fee back and killed them off completely.

You can be proud of this.

Permission to say 'told you so'?!  They almost always discontinue claims we handle, at DCB Legal.

You're now added to (and have earned the t-shirt for) @Umkomaas disco thread! 

Permission granted. Thank you for everything, could not have done this without your help or any other the commenters. This forum is amazing.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.1K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.7K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback