IMPORTANT: Please make sure your posts do not contain any personally identifiable information (both your own and that of others). When uploading images, please take care that you have redacted all personal information including QR codes, number plates and reference numbers.

Very confused, not sure whats going on with a CCJ

Comments

• teknotel
    teknotel Posts: 122 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker Name Dropper
    Here are some questions I have:

Do I need to send these by post or can I email them, the court is Northampton County Court?

Do I need to send the draft defence considering I have no idea what this is even in relation to?

Do I compose all of these on seperate word documents?

Is there anything else I have missed?

Thanks for any help you can give me with this.
  • teknotel
    Also the fee I need to pay is £275, not £255 so do I ammend the 255 to 275?
  • KeithP
    KeithP Posts: 37,628 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    edited 19 October 2021 at 2:29PM
    teknotel said:
    Already submitted SAR request to one parking limited, just did their general contact email. (Is this right?)

It would've made sense to send it to their Data Protection Officer's email address - as the NEWBIES thread suggests.

That email address is in the parking company's privacy policy webpage.

teknotel said:
    (stupid question - is this my name here?)

The next post on that thread you copied from answers that.
  • teknotel
    KeithP said:
    teknotel said:
    Already submitted SAR request to one parking limited, just did their general contact email. (Is this right?)

It would've made sense to send it to their Data Protection Officer's email address - as the NEWBIES thread suggests.

That email address is in the parking company's privacy policy webpage.
    Thats great thanks, will do this now.
  • KeithP
    KeithP Posts: 37,628 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    teknotel said:
    Also the fee I need to pay is £275, not £255 so do I ammend the 255 to 275?
    Yes.

Like everything else, prices go up from time to time.
  • Coupon-mad
    Coupon-mad Posts: 131,614 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    The SAR was to be sent to the DPO email and the NEWBIES thread explains how to find that.  OPS have one.
    PRIVATE 'PCN'? DON'T PAY BUT DON'T IGNORE IT (except N.Ireland).
    CLICK at the top of this/any page where it says:
    Forum Home»Motoring»Parking Tickets Fines & Parking - read the NEWBIES THREAD
  • teknotel
    What does Schedule (X) mean in the witness statement? What do I put instead of (X)?
  • Coupon-mad
    Coupon-mad Posts: 131,614 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    edited 19 October 2021 at 2:51PM
    Hang on, why haven't you read very many posts by @henrik777 yet and discovered that you should ALWAYS first ask the Claimant if they will consent to set aside?

Court fee for that is £108 and if they will consent then there is no need for a hearing.  But don't ring them up...please just read the advice here first.

You are rushing to fill a form in but haven't read the posts that will help you. I said to act promptly 'this month' not rush to fill in a form without understanding it and without reading any posts by the resident expert about what to do first.

He has in fact posted a step by step guide more than once this year.

I can't link it as it would involve reading his replies to find it - and that was my first piece of advice to you, read posts by @henrik777.  Slow down a bit.  Click on his username and hit 'replies' and read them one by one over the next week.  Read dozens until you find a nice list of what to do, and you will get your lightbulb moment from him.

Then come back here knowing what to do, and ask any questions you have left.
    PRIVATE 'PCN'? DON'T PAY BUT DON'T IGNORE IT (except N.Ireland).
    CLICK at the top of this/any page where it says:
    Forum Home»Motoring»Parking Tickets Fines & Parking - read the NEWBIES THREAD
  • teknotel
    Hang on, why haven't you read very many posts by @henrik777 yet and discovered that you should ALWAYS first ask the Claimant if they will consent to set aside?  Court fee for that is £108 and if they will consent then there is no need for a hearing.

You are rushing to fill a form in but haven't read the posts that will help you. I said to act promptly 'this month' not rush to fill in a form without inderstanding it and without trading any posts by the resident expert about what to do first.

He has in fact posted a step by step guide more than once this year. I can't link it as it would involve reading his replies to find it - and that was my first puece of advice to you, read posts by @henrik777.  Slow down a bit.
    I have been reading all my free time. Most of the information is revealed in comments during 20 page threads. I am trying my best, I simply do not have the time  in my current situation. I understand this may not be acceptable to some people, but I physically have no time. I currently have another 2 hours before my son returns from nursery. That is likely all of my free time today. 

I have no free time at all tomorrow or Thursday. I am doing the best I can. 

Also everyone of these threads are tailored to the specific individuals enquiry, meaning there are still countless questions. 

I understand you telling me to slow down, but I cannot relax with this hanging over me. I pay all of my bills on time and have no debts at all, I am looking to obtain a mortgage next year and this is an absolute disaster and infuriating that these complete scam artists have the governments support in obtaining fraudlent CCJs against people without their knowledge.
  • Le_Kirk
    Le_Kirk Posts: 22,307 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Photogenic Name Dropper
    teknotel said:
    What does Schedule (X) mean in the witness statement? What do I put instead of (X)?
    Schedule (x) refers to the exhibits that the original poster of that WS used.  You need to read the WS and not just c&p it, as some of it may not refer to your particular situation.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback