Panic buying

Panic buying vinyl records now. What is going on? 

Comments

• If people want to blow their money on crap sounding music fair play to them.

At least unlike the last panic buying sessions, I can still get out and about and don't have a dirty backside.
  •  :D TMI

I have to admit the sound quality would have to be as good as CD's for me to buy them. I do miss the record sleeves on vinyls though. I used to buy the odd 12" single too and some of these vinyls came in shapes or colours. 
  • lemondrops69
    lemondrops69 Posts: 352
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    Forumite
    edited 14 October 2021 at 9:18AM
     :D TMI

I have to admit the sound quality would have to be as good as CD's for me to buy them. I do miss the record sleeves on vinyls though. I used to buy the odd 12" single too and some of these vinyls came in shapes or colours. 
    Yes my nan has some CD's, she said thats what people used in the olden days, she said they only had 12 or so songs on them? 
  •  :D TMI

Yes my nan has some CD's, she said thats what people used in the olden days, she said they only had 12 or so songs on them? 
    Ohhh lemondrops69 you have made me feel old  :D Yes your nan is right. At times some artists release a special addition CD and will would have a few extra songs on it, sometimes recorded live while performing at a concert. 

Vinyls were before CD's.  Ask your nan what people had to do with a tape and pencil lol
  • Grumpy_chap
    Grumpy_chap Posts: 14,363
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    Panic buying vinyl records now. What is going on? 
    How exactly do you panic buy vinyl records?
  • nyermen
    nyermen Posts: 1,080
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper
    Forumite
    edited 14 October 2021 at 4:55PM
    Christmas presents perhaps?

My sainsburys this week was out of pasta.  I curiously asked if there was delivery issues.  Nope - it was panic buyers buying 10 bags each.  :angry:
    Peter

Debt free - finally finished paying off £20k + Interest.
  • Grumpy_chap
    Grumpy_chap Posts: 14,363
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    edited 14 October 2021 at 7:29PM
     :D TMI

If not vinyl or CD, then how does one own music to listen for pleasure?

Obviously, nothing can really beat the pure sound of the family sitting around the pianoforte of an evening and bringing vibrant life to sheet music.
  • Panic buying vinyl records now. What is going on? 
    How exactly do you panic buy vinyl records?
    Don't know. 
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 341.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.7K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.1K Spending & Discounts
  • 233.7K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 605.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.4K Life & Family
  • 246.5K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure