KFC Sugar Tax Issue

Options

Comments

• pulliptears
    pulliptears Posts: 14,575 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Photogenic
    Options
    I prefer full fat Pepsi to full fat coke I have to say.  
    Sorry!
  • Jenni_D
    Jenni_D Posts: 5,115 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper Photogenic
    Options
    Jenni_D said:
    Jenni_D said:
    They actually had any form of Coke - you are lucky, ours only has the much inferior offering of Pepsi
    Give me Pepsi Max any day of the week, even over full-fat Coke. (The diet versions of Coke and Pepsi are bogging).
    I think your taste buds are seriously lacking ... I rate Pepsi just below the supermarkets cheapest own brands. :)
    Based on the unofficial poll of this thread I'm winning 2-1 ;) 

BTW - I didn't say Pepsi ... I said Pepsi Max. (There's a difference - I'm not keen on even regular Pepsi nevermind diet).
    Have you thought of having a COVID check??  I believe it screws up your taste buds :)
    I've had one - no COVID issues. 😉😜

Perhaps the question should be reverted back to you? 😁
    Jenni x
  • IvanOpinion
    IvanOpinion Posts: 22,225 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    Options
    Jenni_D said:
    Jenni_D said:
    Jenni_D said:
    They actually had any form of Coke - you are lucky, ours only has the much inferior offering of Pepsi
    Give me Pepsi Max any day of the week, even over full-fat Coke. (The diet versions of Coke and Pepsi are bogging).
    I think your taste buds are seriously lacking ... I rate Pepsi just below the supermarkets cheapest own brands. :)

BTW - I didn't say Pepsi ... I said Pepsi Max. (There's a difference - I'm not keen on even regular Pepsi nevermind diet).
    Have you thought of having a COVID check??  I believe it screws up your taste buds :)

I gave up smoking in 2000 and at that point I got my sense of taste and sense of smell back.  I learned a couple of things
    1. This world stinks, including the people in it (there is a lot more BO and bad breath about than some seem to realise - I only had to walk into a room and I could smell and taste it)
    2. Modern processed food tastes of fish - seriously it was disgusting (I hate fish)

It took a few years for me to gain some level of nose and taste blindness again,  While I smoked I rated Pepsi over Coke, but after giving up I realised how bad Pepsi actually was (it was just syrupy sugary water  with very little taste - I literally could not drink it).  I switched back to Coke, partially helped by having a couple of mates that worked with them and could get me some free samples every once i a while.  Much much better - although the dulling of my taste buds has meant I can at least tolerate Pepsi ! :)
    Past caring about first world problems.
  • pulliptears
    pulliptears Posts: 14,575 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Photogenic
    edited 4 October 2021 at 10:45AM
    Options
    Jenni_D said:
    Jenni_D said:
    Jenni_D said:

I gave up smoking in 2000 and at that point I got my sense of taste and sense of smell back.  I learned a couple of things
    1. This world stinks, including the people in it (there is a lot more BO and bad breath about than some seem to realise - I only had to walk into a room and I could smell and taste it)
    2. Modern processed food tastes of fish - seriously it was disgusting (I hate fish)

It took a few years for me to gain some level of nose and taste blindness again,  While I smoked I rated Pepsi over Coke, but after giving up I realised how bad Pepsi actually was (it was just syrupy sugary water  with very little taste - I literally could not drink it).  I switched back to Coke, partially helped by having a couple of mates that worked with them and could get me some free samples every once i a while.  Much much better - although the dulling of my taste buds has meant I can at least tolerate Pepsi ! :)

Opposite for me, when I smoked I preferred coke, when I stopped I realised how bad it was and I much preferred Pepsi.
  • cannugec5
    cannugec5 Posts: 460 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Jenni_D said:
    I too find Pepsi MAX my preferred cola. 
  • sweetgirl2015
    Options
    I cant stand the taste of Pepsi Max, it leaves a horrid taste in my mouth. Any diet drinks have a simular affect.
    Yet normal full sugar Pepsi or Coca Cola is fine. 
    What I find annoying as a customer we should have the choice and not have diet drinks forced on us which are high in aspartimin which some people get a nasty reaction to.
    Its been well documented too much aspartimin is worse for you than sugar. 
  • GreenCalathea
    Options
    I was surprised by this last week too - I personally am sugar free type of person but boyfriend wanted the regular pepsi and I just couldn't find it on the order touch screen. I personally don't mind but the taste os obviously mot the same.
  • ThumbRemote
    ThumbRemote Posts: 4,629 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    edited 6 October 2021 at 8:52PM
    Options
    I cant stand the taste of Pepsi Max, it leaves a horrid taste in my mouth. Any diet drinks have a simular affect.
    What I find annoying as a customer we should have the choice and not have diet drinks forced on us which are high in aspartimin which some people get a nasty reaction to.
    "Forced"  :D
  • sweetgirl2015
    Options
    "Forced"  :D
    Well yes forced because when your ordering you only have a limited time, people are queing behind you, so we need to be snappy about deciding, so the minute she said regular coke isn't on the menu my head goes into panic mode, so I think I would have asked for a pint of Lager without realising it, but obviously chose some diet crap in a rush. My argument is what the hell happened to the ability to choose? 
  • unforeseen
    unforeseen Posts: 7,296 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    edited 9 October 2021 at 8:12AM
    Options
    You do have a choice. You can order any product that they sell, just like in any other restaurant/cafe/takeaway. If its not on the menu then tough.

For me, I think all brands and flavours of cola are disgusting and never touch the stuff. 
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.8K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.3K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.9K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.4K Life & Family
  • 248.5K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback