🗳️ ELECTION 2024: THE MSE LEADERS' DEBATE Got a burning question you want us to ask the party leaders ahead of the general election? Submit your suggestions via this form or post them on our dedicated Forum board where you can see and upvote other users' questions. Please note that the Forum's rules on avoiding general political discussion still apply across all boards.

KFC Sugar Tax Issue

Options

Comments

• Zinger549
    Zinger549 Posts: 1,313 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary
    Options
    Tokmon said:
    Apologies if this is not in the correct section but I wanted to share my experience to see if anyone else has suffered this problem.

We visited our local KFC recently, and started our order, then the girl at the til said what drinks would you like so I asked for a regular coke which is what I always have, yet the girl said oh sorry sir regulat coke has been permanently discontinued due to a sugar tax issue, we only offer the diet alternatives, which left me a bit dismayed as I don't like the taste of diet drinks.
    So I settled for a milkshake, not happy but what could I do. 

What I find strange is Macdonalds still sells regular coke, so if its a sugar tax issue why has it only affected KFC.

I feel the customer has been denied the choice of paying more for a drink via sugar tax which I would be happy to do, and I am sure many others would do.

What are peoples thoughts on this? 

So you went to KFC and ordered a drink they don't even sell and they replied saying it's discontinued when as far as i know they have never sold it, that seems a bit strange. 
    They have Pepsi at KFC, I assume that's what they meant
    Come on you Irons
  • lincroft1710
    lincroft1710 Posts: 17,727 Forumite
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Tokmon said:
    Apologies if this is not in the correct section but I wanted to share my experience to see if anyone else has suffered this problem.

We visited our local KFC recently, and started our order, then the girl at the til said what drinks would you like so I asked for a regular coke which is what I always have, yet the girl said oh sorry sir regulat coke has been permanently discontinued due to a sugar tax issue, we only offer the diet alternatives, which left me a bit dismayed as I don't like the taste of diet drinks.

What I find strange is Macdonalds still sells regular coke, so if its a sugar tax issue why has it only affected KFC.

I feel the customer has been denied the choice of paying more for a drink via sugar tax which I would be happy to do, and I am sure many others would do.

So you went to KFC and ordered a drink they don't even sell and they replied saying it's discontinued when as far as i know they have never sold it, that seems a bit strange. 
    As with "Hoover" for any vacuum cleaner or "Biro" for ballpoint pen, "Coke" is often used incorrectly for any cola drink
    If you are querying your Council Tax band would you please state whether you are in England, Scotland or Wales
  • Tokmon
    Tokmon Posts: 628 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper
    Options
    Tokmon said:

As with "Hoover" for any vacuum cleaner or "Biro" for ballpoint pen, "Coke" is often used incorrectly for any cola drink

I've not come across "Coke" being used as a general term as Cola's do taste noticeably different to each other. 
  • Zinger549
    Zinger549 Posts: 1,313 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary
    Options
    Tokmon said:
    Tokmon said:

I've not come across "Coke" being used as a general term as Cola's do taste noticeably different to each other. 
    A lot of people just say Coke. Some places do say if it's Pepsi or another brand.

Come on you Irons
  • sweetgirl2015
    Options
    Tokmon said:

Sorry its Pepsi cola I meant. 
  • jon81uk
    jon81uk Posts: 3,785 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    Jenni_D said:
    They actually had any form of Coke - you are lucky, ours only has the much inferior offering of Pepsi
    Give me Pepsi Max any day of the week, even over full-fat Coke. (The diet versions of Coke and Pepsi are bogging).
    Yep Pepsi Max is definitely the superior cola.
  • IvanOpinion
    IvanOpinion Posts: 22,232 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    Options
    Jenni_D said:
    They actually had any form of Coke - you are lucky, ours only has the much inferior offering of Pepsi
    Give me Pepsi Max any day of the week, even over full-fat Coke. (The diet versions of Coke and Pepsi are bogging).
    I think your taste buds are seriously lacking ... I rate Pepsi just below the supermarkets cheapest own brands. :)
    Past caring about first world problems.
  • Jenni_D
    Jenni_D Posts: 5,117 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper Photogenic
    edited 30 September 2021 at 8:47AM
    Options
    Jenni_D said:
    I think your taste buds are seriously lacking ... I rate Pepsi just below the supermarkets cheapest own brands. :)
    Based on the unofficial poll of this thread I'm winning 2-1 ;) 

BTW - I didn't say Pepsi ... I said Pepsi Max. (There's a difference - I'm not keen on even regular Pepsi nevermind diet).
    Jenni x
  • IvanOpinion
    IvanOpinion Posts: 22,232 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    Options
    Jenni_D said:
    Jenni_D said:
    Based on the unofficial poll of this thread I'm winning 2-1 ;) 

BTW - I didn't say Pepsi ... I said Pepsi Max. (There's a difference - I'm not keen on even regular Pepsi nevermind diet).
    Have you thought of having a COVID check??  I believe it screws up your taste buds :)
    Past caring about first world problems.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 8 Election 2024: The MSE Leaders' Debate
  • 343.8K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.3K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450K Spending & Discounts
  • 236K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.4K Life & Family
  • 248.6K Travel & Transport