Crypto Dabble.

edited 13 September 2021 at 7:14PM in Savings & Investments
257 replies 11.7K views

Replies

• yep, probably CFDs rather than real coins but should be a simple way to get involved. I still buy on revolut for that same reason even though I have accounts at about 20 exchanges too
  • DandytfDandytf Forumite
    4.2K Posts
    Ninth Anniversary 1,000 Posts Name Dropper
    Forumite
    Scottex99 said:
    yep, probably CFDs rather than real coins but should be a simple way to get involved. I still buy on revolut for that same reason even though I have accounts at about 20 exchanges too
    CBDC's is what I have read.

thanks
    Replenished CRA Reports.
    2015 Zoe i nav -90-100 miles top charge.
    Savings continue.
    Home Improvements Home Improvements Home Improvements!
  • YellowDucYellowDuc Forumite
    18 Posts
    Fifth Anniversary 10 Posts Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    I could write an essay on why everyone should invest into BTC + ETH.. It's the best  investment you can make at the moment and I fully expect BTC to hit anywhere from $250-500K by 2024-2025. 

I'm predicting BTC to $100K by end of January latest and ETH at $10-12K. 

Just remember, dont sell the dips, buy the dips. Accumulate and HODL.

BTC averages at 300%+ returns a year, meanwhile your savings bank gives you 0.05% when inflation is estimated to be around 10%. You're losing money by keeping savings in the bank.
  • AminatidiAminatidi Forumite
    375 Posts
    Third Anniversary 100 Posts Name Dropper
    Forumite
    Scottex99 said:
    yep, probably CFDs rather than real coins but should be a simple way to get involved. I still buy on revolut for that same reason even though I have accounts at about 20 exchanges too
    Thanks, is there anyone else you'd trust to the same degree?

A lot of exchanges seem dubious to say the least and the idea of having to send them my driving license and god knows what else doesn't fill me with confidence.

To be clear I don't have an issue with verifying who I am it's simply who the hell I'm giving that information to.
  • Aminatidi said:
    Scottex99 said:
    Thanks, is there anyone else you'd trust to the same degree?

A lot of exchanges seem dubious to say the least and the idea of having to send them my driving license and god knows what else doesn't fill me with confidence.

To be clear I don't have an issue with verifying who I am it's simply who the hell I'm giving that information to.
    Swissborg
    Coinbase (Coinbase Pro better for fees but harder to use for Noobs)
    Paypal/Revolut/eToro

Kraken,  I personally hate the layout of their site but they are legit and have decent GBP/EUR rails.

Binance I use every single day but can see why some people wouldn't, I've never had a problem with them
  • AminatidiAminatidi Forumite
    375 Posts
    Third Anniversary 100 Posts Name Dropper
    Forumite
    Thanks :) I was looking at the fees on PayPal and they actually don't look too bad for convenience of using a credit card.

Coinbase/Kraken seem to be something like 4% just for using a debit card which seems obscene unless I've totally misunderstood.
  • StrictGold5208StrictGold5208 Forumite
    686 Posts
    500 Posts First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic
    Forumite
    Not surprising, you are investing is basically nothing. It doesn't exist. 

I have about £800 in coins but the currently value is about £400/500, most of the value was lost the morning after i invested and the whole market crashed. They almost returned to their previous value a few weeks ago, returns mainly from bitcoin when I put in some to that when it was cheap, but I am not getting out. I intend to keep the coins for many years and accepted when I put the money in I could never get it back.
  • StrictGold5208StrictGold5208 Forumite
    686 Posts
    500 Posts First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic
    Forumite
    YellowDuc said:
    I could write an essay on why everyone should invest into BTC + ETH.. It's the best  investment you can make at the moment and I fully expect BTC to hit anywhere from $250-500K by 2024-2025. 

I'm predicting BTC to $100K by end of January latest and ETH at $10-12K. 

Just remember, dont sell the dips, buy the dips. Accumulate and HODL.

BTC averages at 300%+ returns a year, meanwhile your savings bank gives you 0.05% when inflation is estimated to be around 10%. You're losing money by keeping savings in the bank.
    How do you come to this conclusion re bitcoin? because of the halving?
  • YellowDucYellowDuc Forumite
    18 Posts
    Fifth Anniversary 10 Posts Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    Aminatidi said:
    Thanks :) I was looking at the fees on PayPal and they actually don't look too bad for convenience of using a credit card.

Coinbase/Kraken seem to be something like 4% just for using a debit card which seems obscene unless I've totally misunderstood.
    Buy your BTC via Coinbase Pro. I can't link to it because I dont have enough posts, but you get a much much better exchange rate than you will from regular coinbase or paypal. It's free to use too.