Crypto Dabble.

edited 13 September 2021 at 7:14PM in Savings & Investments
257 replies 11.7K views

Replies

• Good luck on your venture.  Started something similar as a project earlier this year, but only with £100 in bitcoin.  I now collect all the free coins on Coinbase, and am up about 70% this year last time I checked.  If I get to 100%, might take out my initial deposit and let the rest ride for a few years.
  • DandytfDandytf Forumite
    4.2K Posts
    Ninth Anniversary 1,000 Posts Name Dropper
    Forumite
    Good luck on your venture.  Started something similar as a project earlier this year, but only with £100 in bitcoin.  I now collect all the free coins on Coinbase, and am up about 70% this year last time I checked.  If I get to 100%, might take out my initial deposit and let the rest ride for a few years.
    I wonder if my 250 pounds initial deposit is really worth my time.
    Only on the basis of unknown Crypto value trends.
    What  i do know is I purchased 1 LTC and a ridiculous small 0.0149% approx. ETH  

Is there ever going to be profit or loss from such minute holdings.

thanks
    Replenished CRA Reports.
    2015 Zoe i nav -90-100 miles top charge.
    Savings continue.
    Home Improvements Home Improvements Home Improvements!
  • originatororiginator Forumite
    315 Posts
    Part of the Furniture 100 Posts
    Forumite
    I got to just over 100% a while  back and took my initial deposit out, left the profit in to go where it wants.It's a bit of fun and i like it....
    mortgage free 3/10/12:)
  • Dandytf said:
    Good luck on your venture.  Started something similar as a project earlier this year, but only with £100 in bitcoin.  I now collect all the free coins on Coinbase, and am up about 70% this year last time I checked.  If I get to 100%, might take out my initial deposit and let the rest ride for a few years.
    I wonder if my 250 pounds initial deposit is really worth my time.
    Only on the basis of unknown Crypto value trends.
    What  i do know is I purchased 1 LTC and a ridiculous small 0.0149% approx. ETH  

Is there ever going to be profit or loss from such minute holdings.

thanks
    There is going to be either a profit or a loss, that is guaranteed. The size of either could be minor or extreme. When Covid crashed the traditional markets, ETH slid to $100, it's now $3400 and was $4300 at peak.

I personally chucked $400 at AAVE in 2019 and it did 100x in a year, of course finding these "gems" is no easy feat. If I ever catch a mega pump of some random altcoin, I'm generally selling the profits back into BTC or ETH anyway, to hold long term
  • edited 26 September 2021 at 7:34AM
    DandytfDandytf Forumite
    4.2K Posts
    Forumite
    edited 26 September 2021 at 7:34AM
    Is it time to take almost 50 pounds loss and run with 200 pounds.
    Does the recent Chinese crackdown mean current crypto is heading to being worthless.

Lots of nose about official Digi Currency from ECB surfacing.

thanks
    Replenished CRA Reports.
    Savings continue.
  • Probably if you don’t know what you’re doing, or 200 quid has value to you.

That’s about the 20th ban/restriction to come out of China in the last 4 years, won’t hurt the market long term imo
  • DandytfDandytf Forumite
    4.2K Posts
    Forumite
    Scottex99 said:
    Probably if you don’t know what you’re doing, or 200 quid has value to you.

That’s about the 20th ban/restriction to come out of China in the last 4 years, won’t hurt the market long term imo
    that ban info is what I didn't know off
    Though will official regulated Digi Currency De-Value current range.

thanks
    Replenished CRA Reports.
    Savings continue.
  • AminatidiAminatidi Forumite
    375 Posts
    Third Anniversary 100 Posts Name Dropper
    Forumite
    Anyone using PayPal crypto?

Looks like a very simple way to dabble if you already have a PayPal account without some of the concerns over verifying ID with companies who seem to have dubious governance to say the least.