Crypto Dabble.

edited 13 September 2021 at 7:14PM in Savings & Investments
257 replies 11.7K views
1202122232426»

Replies

• Scottex99Scottex99 Forumite
    593 Posts
    Sixth Anniversary 500 Posts Name Dropper Photogenic
    And it was a necessary evil at the time so that you could move wealth without a bank, Visa, or some other 3rd party middleman giving the trust.

ETH are rectifying it and BTC will too. What bigger incentive can there be than mining block rewards that are worth a lot of money, with free/clean/non-used energy.

But don’t start rowing back now that you’ve learned the diff between POW and POS, maybe you should have looked that up first. 

Bit like me going on a baking board on here when I’m not sure what a whisk is.

But don’t worry it’s only happened 35 times on the Bitcoin thread already
    593 Posts
    You’re not saving anyone, I couldn’t care less what people on this forum do and none of what I say is financial advice. I’m gonna be a multi millionaire by 40 or I’m gonna be broke or I’m gonna be somewhere in the middle. The fiat value of the coins is a metric but not even an interesting point of the whole crypto market.

The price is the price, I’ve bought BTC for $60k and I’ve bought it for $4k. I don’t care because I think the narrative is money keeps flowing there and price goes up in the long term. In my opinion. You can stay out of it and we’ll see where we are in a few years 
  • CusCus Forumite
    324 Posts
    Third Anniversary 100 Posts Name Dropper
    Forumite
    Scottex99 said:
    You’re not saving anyone, I couldn’t care less what people on this forum do and none of what I say is financial advice. I’m gonna be a multi millionaire by 40 or I’m gonna be broke or I’m gonna be somewhere in the middle. The fiat value of the coins is a metric but not even an interesting point of the whole crypto market.

The price is the price, I’ve bought BTC for $60k and I’ve bought it for $4k. I don’t care because I think the narrative is money keeps flowing there and price goes up in the long term. In my opinion. You can stay out of it and we’ll see where we are in a few years 
    I don't think I would have wanted a chance to be broke at 40, just to have the chance to be a multi millionaire.  Very bold.
    593 Posts
    I should caveat that I would never advocate going all in on anything. But it’s not financial advice so who cares. Broke in crypto terms, I make a pretty high salary although it’s at a crypto firm so if BTC goes to 0 i might have to get a job In banking  again. Woe is me
  • AegisAegis Forumite
    5.6K Posts
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Name Dropper
    Forumite
    Scottex99 said:

You can speak for yourself, and I'm fairly sure at this point that I'm not going to change your mind.  When I say "saving" I'm talking about others that may be undecided.  Like I said, it's your money, you can make whatever decisions you like with it as long as it's legal.  As can everyone else, but if I can make others ask the right questions, I can help them make better choices when it comes to investments.
    I am a Chartered Financial Planner
    Anything I say on the forum is for discussion purposes only and should not be construed as personal financial advice. It is vitally important to do your own research before acting on information gathered from any users on this forum.
  • edited 17 January at 9:19PM
    Zola.Zola. Forumite
    2.2K Posts
    Tenth Anniversary 1,000 Posts Photogenic Name Dropper
    Forumite
    edited 17 January at 9:19PM
    Or you could cost them a lot of money if they were tempted, by not being knowledgeable on the subject and giving wrong advice ..
    "Save like a pessimist, invest like an optimist" 
    "The purpose of the margin of safety is to render the forecast unnecessary" 
    "The borrower is slave to the lender."
    "Energy flows where attention goes"
  • AegisAegis Forumite
    5.6K Posts
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Name Dropper
    Forumite
    Zola. said:
    Or you could cost them a lot of money if they were tempted, by not being knowledgeable on the subject and giving wrong advice ..

Yep, if it turns out that I'm wrong to be skeptical, then people could lose opportunity.  But all I've ever done on this is ask questions and point out answers (or lack of) that I've found, if that's enough to put people off, then it's because the investment just doesn't make sense when you ask the right questions.
    I am a Chartered Financial Planner
    Anything I say on the forum is for discussion purposes only and should not be construed as personal financial advice. It is vitally important to do your own research before acting on information gathered from any users on this forum.