Easy ticketing rescheduled events

Options

Comments

• loopylearider
    Options
    I’ve tried to claim through PayPal also and had same problem. PayPal have advised to try claim back through my bank. Will give this is a try any other advice would be appreciated . Thanks 
    proud owner of pipsqueak, num nums & chunk. We also have a playhouse :beer: :beer:thanks to this website. Still searching for car and garage will need a new hobby once my hamster searching days are over;)
  • tonydathome19
    Options
    PayPal sticking to their guns on the 180 days. 
    Lloyds bank on the other hand have been amazing and circumnavigated their system (bought in Jul 21) to just issue me with £247.50 for the tickets and £22 parking. I’ll send her some flowers.
    It should be that hard! Absolute crooks.
  • tonydathome19
    Options
    PayPal sticking to their guns on the 180 days. 
    Lloyds bank on the other hand have been amazing and circumnavigated their system (bought in Jul 21) to just issue me with £247.50 for the tickets and £22 parking. I’ll send her some flowers.
    It should be that hard! Absolute crooks.
    Edit: bought Jul 2020
  • born_again
    born_again Posts: 14,529 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper
    Options
    I’ve tried to claim through PayPal also and had same problem. PayPal have advised to try claim back through my bank. Will give this is a try any other advice would be appreciated . Thanks 
    Couple of points on that. 
    How did paypal take payment from you? If it was via DD then there is not way to claim back as there is no non receipt on DD's.

If it was via your debit card. What was the latest date set for the concert? 
    When was the payment made. As the max time frame for a chargeback from debit date is 540 days. Which from todays date is the 17-08-2020 So any payment prior to that date can not be charged back. So in effect you are looking at needing the payment to be at the best in September 2020 given the timeframe for any paperwork.
    Life in the slow lane
  • markhealy12
    Options
    Couple of points on that. 
    How did paypal take payment from you? If it was via DD then there is not way to claim back as there is no non receipt on DD's.

If it was via your debit card. What was the latest date set for the concert? 
    When was the payment made. As the max time frame for a chargeback from debit date is 540 days. Which from todays date is the 17-08-2020 So any payment prior to that date can not be charged back. So in effect you are looking at needing the payment to be at the best in September 2020 given the timeframe for any paperwork.
    I have contacted natwest 2 times today , I brought my tickets In March 2021 and natwest told me both times today that any chance to do a chargeback expired in October 2021 
  • born_again
    born_again Posts: 14,529 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper
    Options
    I suggest you speak to their disputes team & not the front line call center who will not know all the regulations.
    Life in the slow lane
  • markhealy12
    Options
    I suggest you speak to their disputes team & not the front line call center who will not know all the regulations.
    That was exactly the reason for the second call and both gave the same answer , both told me to just contact trading standards 
  • tonydathome19
    Options
    I purchased on 14th July 2020 via PayPal, via a debit card. 
    Lloyds have refunded and it was back in my account within 5 minutes. They have emailed a reference and said they’d check with the seller to ensure the event has been cancelled. It was a 30 minute call but the lady in debit card disputes managed it and used a workaround.
  • markhealy12
    Options
    I purchased on 14th July 2020 via PayPal, via a debit card. 
    Lloyds have refunded and it was back in my account within 5 minutes. They have emailed a reference and said they’d check with the seller to ensure the event has been cancelled. It was a 30 minute call but the lady in debit card disputes managed it and used a workaround.
    Sadly natwest are not being as easy to deal with and are saying because the company has ceased trading and it’s over 120 days they cannot do anything , I will persist , glad you got your money back 
  • Dazedandconfused71
    Options
    I’m in the same position as everyone else - paid £148.50 via PayPal for comedy in the park and requested a refund via PayPal when the original event was rescheduled but PayPal wouldn’t refund as the event was rescheduled not cancelled.  

I asked to reopen my dispute but no joy.  

Do I need to try HSBC before complaining to the ombudsman?

I feel like this is going to impact on thousands of people across the country.  Maybe Martin linseed can help us? 

Good luck everyone. 
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.4K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.3K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure