NEW! Marcus Bonus Rate 0.1% giving 0.5% for 12m

Have just managed to add the 0.1% bonus onto my existing account :-)

Comments

• Got it too. Thanks OP. 
  • deejaybee
    deejaybee Posts: 885
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Forumite
    Added it as well, thanks for the heads-up OP.
  • sausage_time
    sausage_time Posts: 684
    I'm a Volunteer Ambassador First Post First Anniversary Name Dropper
    Ambassador
    Thanks!   New bonus will expire on 29/06/2022.
    Sad times when we all get so excited about 0.1%, but happy to take it.
    I’m a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on the Credit Cards and Budgeting & Bank Accounts boards. If you need any help on these boards, do let me know. Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any posts you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button, or by emailing [email protected].
    All views are my own and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.
  • roddydogs
    roddydogs Posts: 7,478
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Forumite
    edited 30 June 2021 at 8:21AM
    How? Haven't heard anything, getting .40  with Marcus. Update, got it now thanks. Really strange we have to rely on mse, why can't they send an e mail?
  • molerat
    molerat Posts: 31,497
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Post First Anniversary
    Forumite
    roddydogs said:
    How? Haven't heard anything, getting .40  with Marcus.
    No onehas been informed.  You need to log into your account, view the account and at the bottom right is a Bonus rates statement with a click link "Review your savings"  You can do that as often as you like

• RG2015
    RG2015 Posts: 5,754
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    Forumite
    edited 30 June 2021 at 7:30AM
    roddydogs said:
    How? Haven't heard anything, getting .40  with Marcus. Update, got it now thanks.
    I have been checking every day or two recently as I had a feeling they would bring the bonus back as rates are generally creeping up.

This was not there at midday yesterday when I last checked so it must have been updated yesterday afternoon or early today.

Many thanks to @123vindaloo321 for spotting this and posting here.
  • george4064
    george4064 Posts: 2,789
    First Anniversary Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Forumite
    I wonder what would happen if Marcus decide to offer 0.55% on their easy access account? Would us people locked into our 0.1% bonus be stuck until June next year or would we be able to move onto the new higher bonus rate?

I imagine (and hope!) it would be the latter, let’s hope we find out!
    "If you aren’t willing to own a stock for ten years, don’t even think about owning it for ten minutes” Warren Buffett

Save £12k in 2021 - #027 £15,268 (76%)
  • RG2015
    RG2015 Posts: 5,754
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    Forumite
    edited 30 June 2021 at 8:07AM
    I wonder what would happen if Marcus decide to offer 0.55% on their easy access account? Would us people locked into our 0.1% bonus be stuck until June next year or would we be able to move onto the new higher bonus rate?

I imagine (and hope!) it would be the latter, let’s hope we find out!
    I think the account only has one underlying rate, currently 0.40% pa. Based on past performance, they would not separately offer an account with 0.55% pa.

Any new rate would be applied to all existing accounts and the bonus would continue to be managed online separately.
  • Malchester
    Malchester Posts: 853
    Photogenic First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper
    Forumite
    If it is anything like the last time they had a bonus on the account you could periodically renew the bonus to to take advantage of the bonus for a bit longer. I remember that, back then, I went online to renew the bonus every few weeks, thus restarting the 12 month period. Don't know if that will be possible this time but I guess it could be possible.
  • where_are_we
    where_are_we Posts: 971
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    Rather disingenuous of Marcus. Why do you have to be proactive to get this bonus? There will be many who don`t realise that you can apply this increase to an existing account. I realise that the underlying rate (.4%) would have to change for everyone to benefit automatically.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 341.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.7K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449K Spending & Discounts
  • 233.7K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 605.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.3K Life & Family
  • 246.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.8K Discuss & Feedback