YouGov will not let me (any many others it seems) redeem their rewards!

Hi.

So as you may know polling company YouGov pays approximately 50p for each survey they send you and eventually when you get to 5000 points you can redeem this for £50 cash.

I've been with YouGov since about 2003 and have redeemed about 8 x £50 since then. It can be a long arduous road but you get there eventually.

Recently I got to my latest £50 but have been unable to redeem this as I keep getting a "Oops.. Something Went Wrong" page. The advice on their support page (just a prewritten FAQ section) is to try alternate browser or device, which I've done without success.

It's interesting they have such a section advising what to do if you encounter the Oops page rather than just trying to fix it. Anyway, it then says if this doesn't work to contact them via web page submission.

I've done this three times, emailed them, Tweeted them but I'm getting no where. Other people on Twitter are also saying the same thing.

I'm still continuing to receive surveys to fill out but they seem reluctant to pay out and/or fix the problem.

Anyone else having this issue? 

Thanks,
Chris.

Comments

• sourcrates
    sourcrates Posts: 28,865 Ambassador
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    No, but I have found them very responsive to messaging or email.

Most likely just a glitch in their system.
    I’m a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on the Debt free wannabe, Credit file and ratings, and Bankruptcy and living with it boards. If you need any help on these boards, do let me know. Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any posts you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button, or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.For free non-judgemental debt advice, contact either Stepchange, National Debtline, or CitizensAdviceBureaux.Link to SOA Calculator- https://www.stoozing.com/soa.php The "provit letter" is here-https://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/discussion/2607247/letter-when-you-know-nothing-about-about-the-debt-aka-prove-it-letter
  • Thanks for the reply but something is going on with them it's weird. I've messaged via the app and email, two weeks later no reply. I've messaged on Facebook and Twitter. Nothing. There's other people reporting the same thing as me on Twitter. 

Though it may be a glitch, to have a page about it on their support FAQs suggests it's been going on a while and therefore they need to fix it rather telling people what to do if you encounter the Oops page and to contact them and then leave them high and dry by not replying.

I was just wondering if anyone else has had this problem recently and what was the outcome. 

• General_Grant
    General_Grant Posts: 4,834 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    No, but I have found them very responsive to messaging or email.

Most likely just a glitch in their system.
    Not my experience - unless you count sending boiler plate response saying "try the FAQs".

• shezza.t
    shezza.t Posts: 6 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    I too am having problems.  I have been with Yougov for about 10 years and have had several payouts but this time the form will not submit (I don't even get an error message).  Tried completing the form again, using a different bank account (even though the one I used has been ok in the past), different browsers and different computers.  I have contacted their support in the past and they are usually very helpful but despite several messages, nothing has changed.  I hope this is temporary but has been over a month now
  • shezza.t said:
    I too am having problems.  I have been with Yougov for about 10 years and have had several payouts but this time the form will not submit (I don't even get an error message).  Tried completing the form again, using a different bank account (even though the one I used has been ok in the past), different browsers and different computers.  I have contacted their support in the past and they are usually very helpful but despite several messages, nothing has changed.  I hope this is temporary but has been over a month now
    Hi shezza,

I finally got paid but it took a lot of emails back and forwards. I spoke to someone called Tanya on the email address globalsupport@yougov.com and she eventually arranged a BACS payment. 
  • sammyjammy
    sammyjammy Posts: 7,376 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Photogenic First Post
    edited 21 July 2021 at 4:01PM
    There are similar issues with YOUGOV safe, really strange as they are normally so good.
    "You've been reading SOS when it's just your clock reading 5:05 "
  • Also having this issue, did anyone manage to resolve this??
  • Yeah I got a reply from globalsupport@yougov.com and they eventually sorted it. Try emailing them. I spoke to someone called Tanya. 
  • Did this get resolved? I've redeemed once before no issue but I've not been able to for over a month. I've tried emailing 6-7 times with zero response.
  • Yes it did. Please see my earlier replies. They eventually did a BACs transfer. 
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback