We'd like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum. This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are - or become - political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.

Declined an AIP by every lender

Options

Comments

• MWT
    MWT Posts: 9,307 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper
    Options
    COYI123 said:
    I’m prepared to pay money to the brokers , all I want is a lender to understand that my girlfriend is working up to standards again and has almost 4 months worth of income since returning to work to prove that she is , which on average is around £2-3k a month
    ... and a good broker will help you find the right lenders, the one you've been using does not seem to be a 'good broker' based on what you've told us at least, so time to find a better one...

• COYI123
    COYI123 Posts: 116 Forumite
    Options
    MWT said:
    COYI123 said:
    I’m prepared to pay money to the brokers , all I want is a lender to understand that my girlfriend is working up to standards again and has almost 4 months worth of income since returning to work to prove that she is , which on average is around £2-3k a month
    ... and a good broker will help you find the right lenders, the one you've been using does not seem to be a 'good broker' based on what you've told us at least, so time to find a better one...

Is there also a chance that another broker could get me an AIP of a lender that refused to give me one that my current broker tried with ? 
  • lonibra
    lonibra Posts: 365 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper
    Options
    Not unless your current MB made a mistake filling in the AIP application form.
  • MWT
    MWT Posts: 9,307 Forumite
    edited 23 June 2021 at 5:59PM
    Options
    COYI123 said:
    MWT said:
    COYI123 said:

Is there also a chance that another broker could get me an AIP of a lender that refused to give me one that my current broker tried with ? 

A good broker tends not to ask for an AIP from a lender that isn't very likely to say 'yes'.
    The lenders publish their criteria for intermediaries to use so they don't waste anyone's time applying if there is no chance of acceptance.
    So unless your broker messed up and didn't key your details correctly there really isn't much chance of reversing an AIP refusal, but a good broker wouldn't go there anyway and could tell you why...

• [Deleted User]
    Options
    To be fair to whoever has a broker who gets declined aip's,  self employment is somewhat potluck at thr moment.  Few lenders have clear policies around seiss payments or what income to use and what they are looking for.  There is only a very small group who have actually said rhey will decline for taking seiss, most just leave it to underwriters discretion and with some it is difficult to get hold of someone to say if it will go through or not (with high street lenders i mean) 

Declines due to low scoring are also fairly impossible to predict as we don't get to see what lenders internal scoring is looking for. 

The fact most do a soft search is a great help but at 90% and above its really not uncommon to have a few surprise declines for no real reason.

The aip with tipton that OP has is probably more secure than any high street lender as they will have reviewed manually prior to giving an aip
  • COYI123
    Options
    To be fair to whoever has a broker who gets declined aip's,  self employment is somewhat potluck at thr moment.  Few lenders have clear policies around seiss payments or what income to use and what they are looking for.  There is only a very small group who have actually said rhey will decline for taking seiss, most just leave it to underwriters discretion and with some it is difficult to get hold of someone to say if it will go through or not (with high street lenders i mean) 

Declines due to low scoring are also fairly impossible to predict as we don't get to see what lenders internal scoring is looking for. 

The fact most do a soft search is a great help but at 90% and above its really not uncommon to have a few surprise declines for no real reason.

The aip with tipton that OP has is probably more secure than any high street lender as they will have reviewed manually prior to giving an aip
    Just got a different broker , and they got me an AIP with Barclays for lending £250000 straight away 😂😂😂😂😂
  • ACG
    ACG Posts: 23,800 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post I've helped Parliament
    Options
    Were you declined by Barclays previously or had the previous broker lied about that? 
    In any event, like anything in life there are good and bad. Sounds like you had a bad broker and now you have a decent one. 

I am a Mortgage Adviser
    You should note that this site doesn't check my status as a mortgage adviser, so you need to take my word for it. This signature is here as I follow MSE's Mortgage Adviser Code of Conduct. Any posts on here are for information and discussion purposes only and shouldn't be seen as financial advice.
  • COYI123
    Options
    ACG said:
    Were you declined by Barclays previously or had the previous broker lied about that? 
    In any event, like anything in life there are good and bad. Sounds like you had a bad broker and now you have a decent one. 

No ideas if we were before , but my old broker said their was no way we would get it with them , with my new broker I personally believe that they put more effort in getting the DIP with them
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    A lot of brokers i know are hesitant to try borderline cases with Barclays as its a hard credit check and dont want to make things harder if it doesnt work. 

Just be aware though that this confirms you have passed the credit check,  bringing self employed income into it will require an actual underwrite.  

Once you find a property get moving with the mortgage application asap so that you can try get an offer before spending loads on legals or surveys

Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 12 Election 2024: The MSE Leaders' Debate
  • 344.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.4K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450.1K Spending & Discounts
  • 236.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.6K Life & Family
  • 248.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure