We’d like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum.

This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are – or become – political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.

📨 Have you signed up to the Forum's new Email Digest yet? Get a selection of trending threads sent straight to your inbox daily, weekly or monthly!

Three years to get debt free

1…256257258259260262»

Comments

  • Willowtree222
    Willowtree222 Posts: 8,753
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Mortgage-free Glee! Photogenic
    Forumite

    Today turned into a complete change.

    DD was supposed to be with her dad and I had a day planned to do get things done. Unfortunately, whatever he said to her in the car upset her and she refused to go with him, so I took her to her club and did my things after the club. I explained to DD that I had things to do after and she was ok.

    We are cooking dinner tonight. It is one of our favourites to make together. She is currently fast asleep at the side of me so not sure when that will start.

    We have plans together tomorrow after her club.

    I have booked a Christmas fair in and so have lots of things I need to make between now and then. It is 6 weeks away but that will be here soon. I have no idea where I am going to store everything I make between now and then!

    September 2017 Debt = £25330

    Starting afresh.

    You can do anything if you put your mind to it. x
  • Sun_Addict
    Sun_Addict Posts: 26,289
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Name Dropper Photogenic
    Forumite

    How awful of him to upset DD 😡 What a nasty piece of work he sounds. I wonder if he did it deliberately in the hopes of this happening. I hope she’s ok x

    I get knocked down but I get up again (Chumbawamba, Tubthumping) -.literally have been run over by a bike, mobility scooter and a car - still here 💪
  • Willowtree222
    Willowtree222 Posts: 8,753
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Mortgage-free Glee! Photogenic
    Forumite

    I do wonder if it is deliberate so he doesn't have to parent.

    September 2017 Debt = £25330

    Starting afresh.

    You can do anything if you put your mind to it. x
  • beanielou
    beanielou Posts: 101,383
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Academoney Grad Mortgage-free Glee!
    Ambassador

    What an utter womble. Hope DD is ok.

    I am a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Mortgage Free Wannabe & Local Money Saving Scotland & Disability Money Matters. If you need any help on those boards, do let me know.Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any post you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button , or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own & not the official line of Money Saving Expert.

    Lou~ Debt free Wanabe No 55 DF 03/14.**Credit card debt free 30/06/10~** MFW. Finally mortgage free O2/ 2021****
    "A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.

    ***Fall down seven times,stand up eight*** in ~~Japanese proverb.
    ***Keep plodding*** Out of debt, out of danger.
    One debt remaining. Home improvement loan.[/b] [11 months left.[/b]
  • Willowtree222
    Willowtree222 Posts: 8,753
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Mortgage-free Glee! Photogenic
    Forumite

    Womble 😂 I love that!

    We had an argument over text last night as I had asked to swap all November days over because I will struggle. He wanted to know why and when I refused to answer what I was doing, he changed from being able to swap to being unable because he was busy.

    The actual sad part is that him now refusing doesn't stop me, but it does stop DD being able to attend her club. I think he thinks that I have found another man. DD knows exactly what I am doing and understands why it can not be changed. She is the only opinion I actually care about and I always explain everything to her.

    We had a lovely tea tonight.

    September 2017 Debt = £25330

    Starting afresh.

    You can do anything if you put your mind to it. x
  • beanielou
    beanielou Posts: 101,383
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Academoney Grad Mortgage-free Glee!
    Ambassador

    The sad part is that it’s DD he is hurting. I always remember my ex DH refusing to babysit for DS as we had had an argument. I always remember how hurt DS was.

    I am a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Mortgage Free Wannabe & Local Money Saving Scotland & Disability Money Matters. If you need any help on those boards, do let me know.Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any post you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button , or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own & not the official line of Money Saving Expert.

    Lou~ Debt free Wanabe No 55 DF 03/14.**Credit card debt free 30/06/10~** MFW. Finally mortgage free O2/ 2021****
    "A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.

    ***Fall down seven times,stand up eight*** in ~~Japanese proverb.
    ***Keep plodding*** Out of debt, out of danger.
    One debt remaining. Home improvement loan.[/b] [11 months left.[/b]
  • Willowtree222
    Willowtree222 Posts: 8,753
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Mortgage-free Glee! Photogenic
    Forumite

    I know. Part of me wonders why he is so interested in what I am doing and unless I tell him, he refuses to help. I am not being held to ransom so he gets to know what I am doing.

    Sad really.

    I will arrange cover where I can and DD will be with me the other days and will help me with what I am doing.

    September 2017 Debt = £25330

    Starting afresh.

    You can do anything if you put your mind to it. x
★ ★ ★ Meet your Ambassadors

🚀 Getting Started

Hi new member!

Our Getting Started Guide will help you get the most out of the Forum

Categories

  • All Categories
  • 355.7K Banking & Borrowing
  • 254.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 456.1K Spending & Discounts
  • 248.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 605.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 179K Life & Family
  • 263.6K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 16.2K Discuss & Feedback
  • 37.7K Read-Only Boards

Is this how you want to be seen?

We see you are using a default avatar. It takes only a few seconds to pick a picture.